No announcement yet.

How to fix/rebuild the worst teams in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said "scouting" in relation to the Cardinals. That's funny.

More like, "See which players the internet message boards like the most, and take the most-hyped one at each pick." I really don't think they have anything that would resemble a professional sports franchise scouting department.

Comment

That was the Dennis Green approach, Rod Graves is a better drafter.

Comment

Cleveland Browns.

1.) Fire Mangini, Kolkinis, DABOLL - If I am rebuilding this team as the owner I am going to go out and pay someone who has been successful, won playoff games, and held a franchise up for 5+ years. I wold look in the direction of Cowher first but if he is not up for it there are plenty of other coaches that would have more respect in the locker room and do a better job managing personnel than Mangini does. The Browns could still have Kellen Winslow Braylon Edwards and drafted Michael Crabtree. I don't really care who you have at QB in that case, if they are somewhat decent you are going to have a productive offense.

2.) Build around the QB, not through it. The Browns have tried the approach of getting a young qb and bringing him in and playing him three or four different times now (Couch, Frye, Anderson, Quinn.) The problem is only one of those guys ever had anything around him to be productive (Anderson in 2007). When you look at the successful young QB in the league lately they have had a great supporting cast around them. Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning, Ryan, Flacco ETC. The Browns need to get a stud running back and a right side of the line, this will help a young QB and open up the passing game.

3.) Start over on defense - Brandon Mcdonald, David Bowens, Kenyon Coleman, and Eric Barton are examples of situational players. McDonald would be cut today if I were the coach, he has no tackling skills and plays with a permanent 5 yard cushion, one of the worst defensive backs I have ever seen.

4.) Start by stacking one side of the ball - I believe it is beneficial to load up on one side of the ball and try to build the other side up but not have as much attention on it as the other side. This allows you to establish an identity and then focus future draft picks to build up the other side while using free agency to fill voids that are caused by retirements/injuries/free agency.

5.) Get a veteran receiver that is actually good - The Browns are relying on two rookies (one who isn't ready yet and one who drops half the balls thrown to him.) and a couple of lousy veteran receivers. They need to get someone their QB can throw the ball to. No matter who is there at QB right now it does not matter, the receivers don't get open and when they do they don't catch the ball.

Comment

While the Raiders and Redskins have equally awful owners as the Bengals do, somehow our owner not trying as hard works better.

Seriously, you have to give Snyder SOME credit... The guy tries as hard as anyone, just a shame he has no idea what he is doing. He's like the guy in your fantasy football league that has twice as many moves made as anyone else yet he's in 2nd to last place... Behind 4 guys who haven't checked their team since the draft.

I have no idea what would fix the Browns.

I actually like where the Lions are going. The Rams are just in a massive transition period.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            I'd welcome Savage to Sanu in 2 years
            no! they're staying all 4 years here so maybe 3 years.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Browns owner Lerner needs to look at what the Dolphins and Parcells did. Forget the record- the Browns are the least competitive team in the league-it honestly looks as though Gini's already lost the team as they are getting worse week to week. If this years draft is any indication stock piling picks is not going to do it. Cam failed so miserably in his first year with the Dolphins he was out-same needs to go for Mngini-but especially because there are some experienced winning coaches out there who want to coach-1.Shanahan and likely 2.Fisher or even 3.Gruden. Even if Cowher wants to coach I don't think it would be in Cleveland for this owner.

Raiders need to get Russell a good LT and some decent protection to really see what he is. He's not a natural and looks shook but he's not had good players around him to help him out. Striking out on a good vet WR in Walker and not having any pass protectors has set his development back. If 3 pro bowlers or near that are found at LT, WR and DE I think Oak could see 10w and playoffs. Jeff Fisher could make that happen.

Spag just needs pass rushers and a mobile QB.

Bucs need a run game and a good LT for Freeman next year. And start getting a starting caliber front six around Ruud.

Panthers simply need to fire who's ever been sticking with Delhomme. Vick could have made Carolina a threat.

Skins poor Oline is getting Zorn fired. Maby tonight. Eagles dancing on the sideline -jus wrong.
              Last edited by Brown Leader; 10-26-2009, 08:31 PM.

Originally posted by borg9
              Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

For the Chiefs. I should stop being the Chiefs fan so that they can win more than 5 games.
                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                  What's the advice here? lol
                  To continue starting Delhomme, and then next season, start Matt Moore or someone they take in round 2.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Let Mangini do what he wants.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      That was the Dennis Green approach, Rod Graves is a better drafter.
                      He took over in 2002 and they've been drafting that way (still does) since at least 2003. Can't really tell from the 2002 draft because my memory of it is blurry, and all those picks were busts.

Comment

Sign Drew Brees in free agency. Don't let the shoulder injury scare you.
                        Originally posted by SNIPER26
                        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Sign free agent Chad Pennington draft an OT maybe Trent Williams who could be a great RT, Mario Henderson has really impressed over the past couple weeks at LT, Raiders need to fix the right side of the O-line. We will probably have to keep Cable because know else will coach the team but its no big deal he just needs to hire a real OC.

- Sign free agent Chad Pennington
                          - Draft O-line, most likely Trent Williams
                          - Draft Tony Pike in the 2nd if he is still on the board.
                          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                            He took over in 2002 and they've been drafting that way (still does) since at least 2003. Can't really tell from the 2002 draft because my memory of it is blurry, and all those picks were busts.
                            The drafts since then have actually been decent.

The real reason for the Cards turnaround was moving to University of Pheonix Stadium. The added revenue meant the Bidwells were more willing to spend some of their cash.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information