No announcement yet.

DeMarcus Ware Signs Extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wonder what Merriman is gonna get this offseason. The precedent has been set.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      i wonder what Merriman is gonna get this offseason. The precedent has been set.
      With the way he's playing right now, nowhere near what Ware got. Probably not even what Suggs got.

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
        With the way he's playing right now, nowhere near what Ware got. Probably not even what Suggs got.
        he's clearly hurt though. ACLs take 2 years to heal as a pass rusher.

i guarantee you that SD is going to regret letting him go when they do. bc he'll come back next year and stomp out qbs when he's healed up.

Comment

I think it has more to do with him being off roids now.

Comment

i guarantee you that SD is going to regret letting him go when they do. bc he'll come back next year and stomp out qbs when he's healed up.
            He wasn't on Ware's level before he got hurt. I don't see him getting close to what Ware got.

Comment

He looked pretty good against KC despite not getting a sack. He forced an interception and beasted a few times. I'm sure he'll get the tag, and try to make his run at a contract next year.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                I think it has more to do with him being off roids now.
                he was off roids before he came back from his suspension in 07. thats not the reason at all.

its just a nice little jab that Merriman haters like to throw around thats not really true.

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                He wasn't on Ware's level before he got hurt. I don't see him getting close to what Ware got.
                i disagree, but we're not going to turn this into one of those debates. this thread is about Ware and his contract.

Comment

Considering the amount of money there is in this league, that doesn't bother me.

Ware is my favorite player in the league, and IMO the best all around 3-4 OLB in the league. He's got a chance to go down as the best pass rusher in Cowboys history...but if you look at him as only a pass rusher then you're missing alot.

Comment

He's the best player in his position by a good margin and deserves to be paid like it. The 118 is never what he'll see, most of it will be bonuses and stat stuff he's not likely to see unless he has FOMG MVP type years for the next decade.

Still 40million is a nice guaranteed nest egg.

Comment

Where is the $118 million coming from?

It $78 million...which would actually be a bargain for Ware. The $40 million is also less than what was expected. At one time we were hearing $45 million plus, in guaranteed money. The contract is on the light side for Ware. It's a good one for the organization.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-26-2009, 07:07 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Imagine if he didnt resign with Cowboys, what some teams would be willing to throw at him.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                          Merriman's 2006 season was every bit as good as DeMarcus Ware's 2008 season.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Merriman's 2006 season was every bit as good as DeMarcus Ware's 2008 season.
                            They're equal when it comes to rushing the passer and Ware is better at everything else.

Comment

Drama free and does his job and now gets paid well for being a good overall role model for younger people who watch football
                              Originally posted by Benn-O,Aug 24 2009, 04:21 PM
                              didn't you get kicked out of that club on 6th street cuz of your pants? oh right, you did.

bouncer was feeling your jnco's i guess.
                              Originally posted by HERO,Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
                              i prefer my women like i do my scotch....12 yrs old w/a splash of coke.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                He looked pretty good against KC.
                                Who doesn't?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information