No announcement yet.

Alex Smith named 49ers starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice to see Smith succeed because he's never complained about the situation he's been in and has handled himself very well.

Comment

Say the 49ers finish 8-8 or 9-7, which is likely a worst-case scenario, and Smith finishes with 14 total TDs to 7 interceptions and ~200 yards. Do the 49ers draft a QB in the first round?

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
        Say the 49ers finish 8-8 or 9-7, which is likely a worst-case scenario, and Smith finishes with 14 total TDs to 7 interceptions and ~200 yards. Do the 49ers draft a QB in the first round?
        No, remember he's still Scot McCloughan's boy.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think so. I think they'll try Nate Davis out before committing to another top pick QB.
          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

14 TDs in half a season is pretty solid. If those are his numbers at years end I say they stick with him.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
            It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
            Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
            http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
            421 Witness
            756*

Comment

I think you 9ers fans who are doubting this decision are being a bit pessimistic. I really think Alex Smith gives you the best shot right now. Singletary has done a great job thus far. Let him do his job.

sig by fenikz
              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
              You are just a terrible person.
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

Smith has the best skillset to move the offense behind that porous offensive line. He can move around and has a much better arm. It's the right move.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  how is that good news? hooray, we have two mediocre-to-bad QBs. CHAMPIONSHIP.
                  I think what he meant was that the 49ers can't possibly turn up any worse than if they had Shaun Hill. Therefore, by simply not being Shaun Hill, Alex Smith gives them a better chance to win.

And it was sort of tongue-in-cheek to say that all of that is "good news".

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                    I think what he meant was that the 49ers can't possibly turn up any worse than if they had Shaun Hill. Therefore, by simply not being Shaun Hill, Alex Smith gives them a better chance to win.

And it was sort of tongue-in-cheek to say that all of that is "good news".
                    It does not matter who is qb right now they are both produce the same. I can't wait for the draft to get a good qb.

Comment

Just a thought. what if he does pretty well. I believe he is in the last year of his contract. What team would go after him. My bet would probably be carolina or minnesota. Would it be wise for him to wait untill after draft day so that the teams missing out on a qb (with plenty teams needing one) could end up trying to outbid eachother?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

He has this year + next year left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                          how is that good news? hooray, we have two mediocre-to-bad QBs. CHAMPIONSHIP.
                          Because we now have a better chance to win. Did you not just read the post you just quoted?

Winning = good.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I love how every 49er fan was talking so well about Hill before the season, and were saying he is our QB in mocks, that hasn't worked out so well.

I like Alex Smith I really hope he does well he is truly a class act, becoming the QB he was supposed to be maybe a little far fetched.. but who knows maybe he can become a pretty decent starter in the NFL for the rest of his career.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

I still like Hill, he got us to 3-3 (should be 4-2), but the Falcons and Texans just completely exposed his weaknesses.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information