No announcement yet.

Week 7 Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Campbell is a play not lose QB whose final stats are misleading after games. Yes he completes a high percentage of passes, but rarely are any of them downfield. Campbell is a 5th year QB and still doesn't realize that single coverage in the NFL means a WR is O-P-E-N.

He's the second coming of the Bills Rob Johnson, which is not a good thing.

IMO he's the consummate backup QB in that on a good team he won't lose the game for you, but he won't make the 4th quarter plays to win any games either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I really like Arizona, especially if they get Beanie Wells going. Wells looked awesome Sunday night, running with acceleration and power; what a stiff arm! Their pass defense struggled against Manning and Schaub, but other than that they've played well. The run defense is legitimately elite. I like that they took falling talent like Darnell Dockett, Alan Branch and Calais Campbell only to have them dominating the trenches for them. Right now they are behind the Saints and right up there with Minnesota for me.
      I haven't seen any Cards games this year. Has Branch been playing well? I thought he'd be a great pickup for them, but he had dealt with injuries/underperforming since then.

Calais Campbell is starting to look like the player people thought he could be at the start of his senior year.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        Here's an idea: Maybe the Panthers bring in Jason Campbell next season. He's still young enough, will be behind a solid OL, will have an explosive WR and two excellent running backs that would help him out. It would give Carolina a veteran QB who they could sign for cheap that's not as turnover prone as Delhomme.
        I agree. The biggest problem for Campbell in DC besides the Oline is that he is not a WCO QB. I think Carolina would be a good place for him.
        Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          We've never used higher than a fourth round choice on a QB and apparently Fox has prevented Hurney from doing so.
          Being that I don't think Fox will be there after the season, I don't see that point being relevant.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Being that I don't think Fox will be there after the season, I don't see that point being relevant.

Which is a shame really, he's had a lot of bad luck as a head coach.

Originally posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
            I agree. The biggest problem for Campbell in DC besides the Oline is that he is not a WCO QB. I think Carolina would be a good place for him.
            I've always thought the WCO was a bad fit. Not only that but keep in mind until Zorn, he never had more than one season under the same offensive coordinator from being a starter in High School till the NFL. That's not a lot of good for a developing QB.

He's not perfect, he needs to work on things like keeping his feet settled, reseting and firing and keeping his eyes downfield, but it's not like he can't read a defense, gets inaccurate in the redzone or lets bad plays get in his head.

I still don't buy the argument "he doesn't look down field" and I'll repeat, no QB in the NFL could pass deep when there's no time in the pocket and it's rediculous to expect them to.

Comment

Campbell can't read a defense, period, they showed quite a bit of film broken down on him where he missed wide open reads deep in the secondary for big scores. He's unsure of himself, he never sets his feet properly, I see alot more problems with him more then just the wrong offense or wrong team.

He doesn't need to start for anyone anymore, but I also think he'll be a solid back-up for a good team if he had a chance to sit for awhile and not have the pressure that he has now...He's a really poor QB though, with some nice physical skills, if he keeps passing up open deep looks for check downs to the short routes he'll never be worth anything more.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                Which is a shame really, he's had a lot of bad luck as a head coach.

I've always thought the WCO was a bad fit. Not only that but keep in mind until Zorn, he never had more than one season under the same offensive coordinator from being a starter in High School till the NFL. That's not a lot of good for a developing QB.

He's not perfect, he needs to work on things like keeping his feet settled, reseting and firing and keeping his eyes downfield, but it's not like he can't read a defense, gets inaccurate in the redzone or lets bad plays get in his head.

I still don't buy the argument "he doesn't look down field" and I'll repeat, no QB in the NFL could pass deep when there's no time in the pocket and it's rediculous to expect them to.
                Jason Campbell is the poster child for not being able to read an NFL defense and he doesnt get inaccurate in the redzone because 90 percent of the time they take the ball out of his hands down there because the coaches dont trust him. Campbell takes shots down the field but he just misses on them most of the time because if the pass is longer than 8 yards he has no accuracy. He is the reason we lost to the eagles, i dont wanna hear about offensive line. You cannont take a 3 step drop and then take 3 seconds to throw the ball. He is in no way a starting QB in the NFL
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGfortheTD View Post
                  Not quite. While a lot of problems in Redskins isn't because of Campbell, it doesn't help he's playing like a check down MVP. The offensive line blocking poorly is a contributing factor, but at a point he just has to man up and take more shots down the field.
                  Campbell is also the reason that Mike Sellers got lit up. He waited to long to throw the ball and stared him down, the LB saw it coming a mile away.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

My week 7 thoughts? Benson> Forte and Orton> Cutler.

* waits for Oline/supporting cast comment*

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

* waits for Oline comment*
                      Orton didn't even have an incompletion in week 7!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

* waits for Oline/supporting cast comment*
                        Crappy Guards fault.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information