Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most disappointing player on your team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
    Is the Giants defense hurting with the loss of Spagnuolo?
    Its hard to say. We're still the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Sheridan's style is a little different, but its not necessarily worse. He's been incorporating more pressure into his packages so im pleased with that.

Plus, its hard to judge Sheridan bc he's adjusting to so many injuries. We've been missing essentially 4 starters on defense the entire season minus 2 games (where we missed 3 starters), and we still have the #1 ranked D in the league.

Our problem on defense is our interior run D. thats why we have the worst redzone defense in the league, teams can run right at us.

Its a combination of AP being terrible, and our DTs being mediocre. Canty will bring much needed run support inside, so im eager to see if we see any improvement with him on the field.

But that is the concerning issue. Not really Spags, moreso our interior run D.
    Last edited by bigbluedefense; 10-27-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      thats like saying "outside of all his interceptions, Jay Cutler has been amazing this year"
      Except, it's absolutely nothing like that. Terrible analogy, but thanks for playing.

you take the good with the bad, you can't just negate whatever you want out of his game and say he's doing great at the rest of it.
      I'm not trying to negate it. I'm saying that if he didn't have false starts, he'd be talked about as one of the best in the NFC right now, but a few false starts all of a sudden makes him a huge disappointment? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
        Sinorice Moss. Has a lot of talent but for whatever reason can't put it together.
        He was a disappointment 2 years ago.

Now he just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
          Is the Giants defense hurting with the loss of Spagnuolo?
          I think so. Sheridan has been doing a fine job, besides the Saints game, but I'd want Spags back in a heartbeat. Spags would be better at utilizing our pass rushers.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He was a disappointment 2 years ago.

Now he just sucks.
            I still think he's a dissapointment. Every training camp you would here how he is finally doing everything he needs to and so on but yet here we are in the same situation.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              Except, it's absolutely nothing like that. Terrible analogy, but thanks for playing.

I'm not trying to negate it. I'm saying that if he didn't have false starts, he'd be talked about as one of the best in the NFC right now, but a few false starts all of a sudden makes him a huge disappointment? Absolutely not.
              how is it a terrible analogy?

if he didn't have false starts? well guess what? he does. and he gets a lot of them. and those are drive killers. he's no way one of the better LTs in the league. hes average considering how many good young LTs we have in the game right now.

all those trippings and holdings, they don't count? guess what? if he didn't trip or hold, he'd give up sacks. so how is he being elite again?

his inability to stay flag free is a disappointment. theres no way around it. he's a great run blocker. so what. theres a lot of good run blockers out there. David Diehl is a great run blocker, but he still is an average LT at best. And he's actually a better pass protector than Flozell is at this point and I still consider him average.

Theres no way Id consider Flozell to be anything more than average this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I still think he's a dissapointment. Every training camp you would here how he is finally doing everything he needs to and so on but yet here we are in the same situation.
                Meh. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...

If Mario Manningham keeps dropping the ball, I'll put his name in this discussion, although most Giants fans outside myself and a select few thought he'd amount to much to begin with.

The guy can be good, he just needs to work on his craft.

Comment

I want to say Vernon Gholston but I didn't really expect anything out of him. i'm going to have to say Dustin Keller, some of it is having a rookie throwing to him but he's had some drops and is having trouble getting open.

Comment

GB has a number of underachievers but unless you count injuries (Harrell & Raji, Barnett coming off surgery) no one really sticks out. Here are some players not living up to expectations:

Greg Jennings (somehow doesn't look like #1 target anymore)
                    Aaron Kampman (production low, but playing adequate)
                    Chad Clifton (age, always hurt and playing poor)
                    Allen Barbre (new RT is horribly inconsistent)

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      Greg Jennings (somehow doesn't look like #1 target anymore)
                      Tell me about. I pulled like a 4 way trade to get him on my fantasy team and I think the most he has produced was 11 points. And the rest have been no more than 6 or something.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I think he gets open a lot on deep routes like posts, fly routes and double moves and would be putting up mad points but we haven't given our QB enough time to throw those passes so they go to the TE or Driver who are usually in the 5-10 yard range.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Dashon Goldson for the 49ers. I thought he would be an average free safety, or at least better than Mark Roman was last year, but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                            I want to say Vernon Gholston but I didn't really expect anything out of him. i'm going to have to say Dustin Keller, some of it is having a rookie throwing to him but he's had some drops and is having trouble getting open.
                            I agree with you on Keller, he just isn't on the right page at all with Sanchez

Others....
                            Damien "False Start" Woody
                            Kerry Rhodes(Still love the dude but he hasn't been noticeable on some plays)

Comment

For Atlanta there are two names that come to mind:

He has all the skill set that you would want from a cover corner. He is fast and strong, but his mental game is his weakness. He just doesn't have the awareness and anticipation needed to be the kind of corner we needed him to be. Very inconsistent on a game to game basis. At least he's better than Brent Grimes.

Michael Turner was overrated last year. He feasted on terrible run defenses; including two 200 yard games against the hapless Rams and the even more hapless Lions. Even so, his performance has been terrible thus far. He does not run with explosion or power and it has been ugly watching the struggles of the running game trickle down to effect the whole offense negatively. It doesn't help that Ovie Mughelli has been hurt, he's by far the best FB in the league.

Comment

Everyone who sucks on the Browns people thought would suck, I would say Quinn but it's hard to judge because we have the worst offensive talent outside of LT/LG/C in the entire league most likely.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information