Freeman is Bucs starting QB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
    So who are they going to turn to in 4 games when Freeman is challenging Russell for worst QB in the league?

What do you have to say now? Freeman's first game ever was better than any game Russell has ever had in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
      What do you have to say now? Freeman's first game ever was better than any game Russell has ever had in the NFL.
      This is not the best qualifying statement.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Yea right, says who? Because those few games you've seen of him told you their going nowhere with him, yet going somewhere with Freeman?

I don't even know why they put in Josh Johnson if they were going to take him out this soon after, nor do I understand why they kept him so long if he wasn't going to get a legit chance.
        They didn't think Freeman was ready. Johnson was used to buy time. They likely wanted Leftwich to start until that point, but he stunk so bad they felt they had bench him.

Freeman is the QB of the future for the Bucs. He is not getting benched. If it comes to the point where he's obviously a bust, Morris will get canned.

Comment

Based on what barometer? Freeman's 86.1 passer rating has been topped by Russell in 7 separate games. Granted, none of those games took place this season.

Comment

Freemanzzz is teh sex bcuz hez 1-0!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              So was this guy.

Comment

i will eat crow

while that game was not exactly a sterling endeavor by mr. freeman, it was still way better than i expected out of him this year and a very solid effort for his first start

Comment

As a Buc fan I was encourage by what I saw - better than I expected.
                  "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                    Someone a little sore from their loss? I knew Freeman would end up starting by the middle of the season. I don't care what the critics said about him. I think he is going to turn into a star in the NFL before we know it. Quote me if you think otherwise.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                      So was this guy.
                      He actually got to 2-0 and looked good doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        He actually got to 2-0 and looked good doing it.
                        DON'T TALK TO ME ALRIGHT! KNOCK IT OFF!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

The Bucs did it the right way, waiting till mid season to start a rookie QB who was considered raw. It gave him a chance to watch and learn. Now I still expect him to have some down games, that's what rookies usually do but I think all can see the potential he has and why he went in round 1.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                            Someone a little sore from their loss? I knew Freeman would end up starting by the middle of the season. I don't care what the critics said about him. I think he is going to turn into a star in the NFL before we know it. Quote me if you think otherwise.
                            I'll be sore for a couple weeks. But I had to say it before anyone else could.

Comment

I know it's only one game and other 'busts' have played OK early too, but I'm not worried that Freeman will be like any of them.

The difference between Freeman and guys like Leaf/Russell is his attitude towards the game. Leaf and Russell have had well documented character issues and motivational questions. Freeman's demeanor seems much better than these guys. Word from people inside the organization is that he's the biggest gym rat on the team, and I'm guessing this spills over into the film room too.

So I dont know, I guess he could still be a bust. Considering all of his natural talent and his dedication to get better though, I'm liking the chances of this kid turning out to be our QB for the next decade. It could just be the creamsicle-tinted glasses though.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Freeman has an inflated sense of self, but at the same time he wants to be the best so he works hard to succeed.

BTW we're 1 game closer to 9-7.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information