Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren McFadden getting a pass on criticism.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    The draft forum only goes back to 2009. The NFL forum goes back to 2006.
    You can use Google sitesearch. I've found threads in the draft forum from 06.
    aka KGB Chicken

Comment

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...arren+mcfadden

There is your link. McFadden got just as much love as Adrian Peterson did. I like these threads because I was in the Peterson > McFadden > Bush camp. It wasn't a consensus, but the numbers were pretty evenly split.
      lol so glad I'm there on the first page calling McFadden a 'faster Deuce McCallister'. I swear I've been right about a lot of prospects, guys. Guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        lol so glad I'm there on the first page calling McFadden a 'faster Deuce McCallister'. I swear I've been right about a lot of prospects, guys. Guys?
        ChargerCohen made that claim!

You shouldn't take credit for other people's work, CC.SD!

CAN'T FOOL ME! NOT THESE EYES! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• It's ok. I was dead wrong about Laurence Maroney. I liked him a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            ChargerCohen made that claim!

You shouldn't take credit for other people's work, CC.SD!

CAN'T FOOL ME! NOT THESE EYES! HAHAHA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
            You can't prove any of these allegations TH!

Comment

Hilarious! After most of this board had a raging boner for Marshawn Lynch (many, many, many had him over Peterson) that only the guy who joined in 2010 has him as one of his favorite "prospects." This thread has more revision than you can shake a stick at.
              honestly i forgot they were the same year, after so many years i just lump guys together on how much i liked/didnt like them as prospects vs what they are and how they did in the pros. hated revis, loved lynch....it happens. favorite prospect ever is still calvin johnson....i loved that man so much i refuse to compare other WRs to him as a prospect lol

anyway i never had lynch over peterson, but i loved lynch as a work horse and as a receiving back....it just looked so good at cal
              E]

Comment

• My favorite from those threads are the people claiming that DMC was better because he was going to be less injury prone on a pro level..... D'oh.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• If he doesnt produce this year, I expect him to get the same fate as JaMarcus and get cut

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• These links are embarrassing.

Comment

I seem to remember it being 50-50. The injuries were a concern, but also people didn't like his tall upright running style. They loved Lynch's body type, his physicality and his pass catching. He was more of the "pro" back.

McFadden/Peterson was something too. Mel Kiper and everyone here had McFadden as the better pro prospect; then, Adrian Peterson got 296 yards against the Chargers and literally everyone rewrote their prognostications on Peterson. Then the next year everyone pretended that Peterson was the vastly superior prospect all along. BS.
                      I don't think it was quite 50-50, but the Lynch fans were really vocal about it to make it seem like there were more. It was pretty sizable, sizable enough to make us wear those boss "I remember Adrian Peterson" avatars. I always remembered Adrian Peterson and had him as my #1 player that year(right ahead of Jamarcus... lol). I did expect McFadden and Lynch to be better than they've been though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

There is your link. McFadden got just as much love as Adrian Peterson did. I like these threads because I was in the Peterson > McFadden > Bush camp. It wasn't a consensus, but the numbers were pretty evenly split.
                        Haha, great digging

*checks to make sure I actually was in the AD camp and wasn't misremembering things*

phew.

P.S.
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                        DG is closet a lot of things.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Yeah, I could only find two old posts I made about McFadden, and they were both about how I thought Jonathan Stewart was better. And both of those were in the College Football thread. I wasn't really posting as much that in that 07-08 timeframe, though.

I want to read 2006 stuff with Moses telling anyone who would listen that Reggie Bush was Gale Sayers/Marshall Faulk combined into one prospect and was a sure-fire Hall of Famer.

I will say, though, that more people than I remembered thought McFadden was overrated as a prospect.
                          Hahahaha, Moses made all Canadians looks bad.

Comment

• Holy poop, TOONSTER called McFadden a better prospect.

My opinion hasn't really changed in that, I think, prospect value wise, McFadden's the best in recent memory. I like him better than Peterson. That said, there's a whole year of film to go through, so we'll see if anything changes my mind this year.
                            Ouch.

AD has given me erections since Palestine.

Comment

• To be fair (I have a vested interest, because I said the exact same thing in the first response of the first link), McFadden went earlier in his respective draft and while there was more dissenting opinion on McFadden, those who loved him had him rated very very high.

This all depends on whether you recognize the difference between prospect quality and prospect value. The latter is trying to figure out who is generally the better rated. That said, considering how much better Peterson has been, there's not much to defend there.

Comment

• Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                                Holy poop, TOONSTER called McFadden a better prospect.

Ouch.

AD has given me erections since Palestine.
                                Toon wasn't very high on Peterson for some reason. He was also one of the guys who had Marshawn Lynch rated higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information