Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren McFadden getting a pass on criticism.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    I thought about that too. He hasn't been all that productive even when healthy. When a guy is compared to Adrian Peterson it makes me ask myself how they would be doing if they swapped teams. I have a hard time believing Peterson would be a backup in Oakland. I also have a hard time envisioning McFadden as the best back in the league if he played in Minnesota.
    Technically speaking McFadden isn't a back-up, he had already taken that starting job when he was healthy just prior to injury, so I don't know if I'd call him that anymore. He had overtaken Fargas and Bush at one point this year and it was obvious he was their most talented back.

Still, it looks way worse when you realize what type of back he is, and know that you can get guys like CJ and Felix Jones to do what he does much later without spending a top 10 pick. Still, I don't really give any 1st round pick by Oakland much of a chance, when they continually draft bust in the top 10 it makes me think it's more to do with the situation so much the player.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Technically speaking McFadden isn't a back-up, he had already taken that starting job when he was healthy just prior to injury, so I don't know if I'd call him that anymore. He had overtaken Fargas and Bush at one point this year and it was obvious he was their most talented back.

Still, it looks way worse when you realize what type of back he is, and know that you can get guys like CJ and Felix Jones to do what he does much later without spending a top 10 pick. Still, I don't really give any 1st round pick by Oakland much of a chance, when they continually draft bust in the top 10 it makes me think it's more to do with the situation so much the player.
      Now this begs the question that if Crabtree was drafted by the Raiders, would he have been a bust? He's shown with limited practice that he's a very good player and even with JaMarcus Russell at QB, I think Crabtree would've succeeded there.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
        Now this begs the question that if Crabtree was drafted by the Raiders, would he have been a bust? He's shown with limited practice that he's a very good player and even with JaMarcus Russell at QB, I think Crabtree would've succeeded there.
        A 5 yard throw is an adventure with JaWalrus.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Adrian Peterson would never settle for being a backup averaging 3.1ypc.
          We'll likely never know what Peterson would "settle" for unless the Vikings offense starts playing like Oakland's.

McFadden is still easily the most dangerous player on that offense. He just can't stay healthy.

Comment

Hutchinson alone is a better O-Line than what the Raiders have put out the past 2 years......

A RB can only go as far as the O-Line will let them and if the O-Line isn't doing anything.....than you can't expect the RB to make much happen.

Comment

the raiders just suck so much as a franchise.

Comment

If a RB was only as good as his line then that means any back could run as well behind Minnesota's line as Peterson does. Do you really believe any RB in the league would be as good as Peterson if they played for Minnesota? Conversely, If Peterson ran behind Oakland's line, do you really believe Peterson would average 3.1ypc? Really? Come on now.

Comment

Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards before Peterson was drafted,and he's little more than a good third down back.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

If a RB was only as good as his line then that means any back could run as well behind Minnesota's line as Peterson does. Do you really believe any RB in the league would be as good as Peterson if they played for Minnesota? Conversely, If Peterson ran behind Oakland's line, do you really believe Peterson would average 3.1ypc? Really? Come on now.
                    Obviously there is talent involved in regards to RBs but you see systems like Denver where the likes of Ron Dayne and Reuben Droughns can get themselves good seasons.

I do think that a lot of RBs can run well behind the Vikings O-Line but just won't produce what All Day has done. I don't think that many RBs can have good seasons under the crippled and weak Raiders O-Line however though......Maybe even Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                      Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards before Peterson was drafted,and he's little more than a good third down back.
                      Peterson ran for 1,760 yards last year.

Comment

Peterson ran for 1,760 yards last year.
                        I wasn't attempting to asset Taylor was as good as AD,but their terrific oline can make an ordinary back seem good,and a good back seem great.

Comment

"only as good as his line" is the wrong term. But there is a limit to what a RB can do behind a crappy line.

If you never get to the second level, you have a very low chance of being successful.

Comment

Peterson is the best RB in the league. An OL can get you like 4-5 yards on their own. Just get you to the second level and give you room to get those yards, assuming the RB is good enough to hit the hole. But after that is primarily on the RB, with some exceptions like when WRs make great blocks. And AD is 2nd in the league with 6 20+ yard runs(tied with Benson, behind Chris Johnson who has 7).

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              ...wow did you just say DMC was a better prospect that AD?

no
                              Where were you prior to the 2008 draft? I'd say at least 60% of this board had McFadden as being a better prospect than Peterson.

The Vikings' offensive line might be a lot better than the Raiders, but it isn't like Minnesota had a competent passing game until this year.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                The Vikings' offensive line might be a lot better than the Raiders, but it isn't like Minnesota had a competent passing game until this year.
                                I can't think that Tavaris Jackson of any year could be any worse than Russell of 08 or 09.

Really Oakland has nothing on offense besides Zach Miller and a healthy Gallery(Which he hardly is). No WRs, O-Line is pretty damn bad, QB might be the worst of the league. There's nothing going for McFadden....shoot unlike Peterson, he shares the ball with 2 others instead of just 1 guy.

The team is down in a lot of games anyhow for them to start running the ball down people's throats. Its just an entire mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information