Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren McFadden getting a pass on criticism.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    To be clear: I definitely had Adrian Peterson over Marshawn Lynch, and I had Mendenhall over McFadden. I just wanted to make the point that it was hardly a consensus here. There was a real concern about Peterson's durability that has yet to manifest itself in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #47
      Run Dmc was not that great of a back coming out. Can't make people miss and his legs go dead when you get a hand on him. I think he would do great in a one cut and go zone blocking system. He just needs a lane and he's gone with his speed. Hope he can get out from Oak! Or they invest in there Rb and next Qb with some O linemen. If I were Oak... I would try and trade him for a late first or early second. And let Bush be there back. Then invest that pick and there second on some O linemen because they should be drafting a new QB.

      Comment


      • #48
        I had Stewart as a better prospect then DMC, and AD as a better prospect then Stewart. I dont think I fit!

        That said, DMC gets a pass from me, as Oakland are awful and I do not blame anyone to ever play there for failing.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • #49
          I though D-Mac would be a star back, but during evaluations one thing people messed up on is not realizing that he doesn't have much elusiveness at all. He's a downhill, straight line runner with a quality stiff arm, but his open field moves aren't really there.

          Also consider how many snaps he got out of the Wildcat in college. Definitely helped create running lanes galore for him. That said, there are still lots of skills he brings to the table.
          aka KGB Chicken

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            I remembered Adrian Peterson.
            Made one of those avatars. People were dropping him out the top twenty in mocks. Just as laughable now as it was then.


            I agree that some people seem to either swayed there stance on AD or were awfully quiet about how highly they thought of him when he was being killed for running too up right and being injury prone, not being ALL that fast, ect. Marshawn Lynch was thought of VERY highly here for a while, probably too highly. The entire let's **** on the top runningback prospect that started with Reggie Bush trickled down to AD and in his case, it was completely unfair. That was the year of the two back system setup really taking off, so runningbacks were really devalued then, but still, pretty proud to say that I thought Peterson was the best runningback prospect I've seen. Thought both McFadden and Bush were up there too though :/
            Last edited by ElectricEye; 10-29-2009, 01:50 AM.

            R.I.P. Junior Seau

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
              Made one of those avatars. People were dropping him out the top twenty in mocks.
              Yeah, it got pretty crazy. I made plenty of arguments as to why Peterson worried me and why Lynch might wind up with the longer NFL career, but I never had Peterson slotted as being anything but the #1 runner in mocks.

              Comment


              • #52
                Damn, this thread makes me wanna rock that avy again. I never had Peterson as anything but the best pure RB prospect Id ever seen. Who still has one of those avys kicking around?
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  Yeah, it got pretty crazy. I made plenty of arguments as to why Peterson worried me and why Lynch might wind up with the longer NFL career, but I never had Peterson slotted as being anything but the #1 runner in mocks.
                  Lynch looked really, really good his last few years at Cal. Didn't have the injury history Peterson had, didn't run as upright, didn't have the same aggressive running style. Those were the arguments most people made, I think. A lot of them weren't wrong....but they completely glazed over just how freaky, freaky talented AD is.

                  R.I.P. Junior Seau

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                    Damn, this thread makes me wanna rock that avy again. I never had Peterson as anything but the best pure RB prospect Id ever seen. Who still has one of those avys kicking around?
                    I remember I was extremely high on AP... one of the proudest things in my ''scouting'' life lol...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I remembered McFadden being compared to Peterson, maybe not on this site, not that they were exactly equal prospects.

                      Physically they are very similar except that DMC is not elusive.
                      Last edited by FUNBUNCHER; 10-29-2009, 12:24 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        It's hard to compare because they came out in different drafts, but I thought McFadden and Peterson were on the same level, prospect wise. they drew obvious comparisons.

                        Peterson had injurie concerns and McFadden had character issues.

                        but, there were people that really didn't like Peterson because of his upright running style and injury history.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          chester taylor averaged about 4.4ypc his final three years in baltimore. i hardly think the extra tenth of a yard in minnesota is all that relevant or indicative that dmc would suddenly turn into a competent back.
                          He wasn't the feature back in Baltimore.


                          mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                          Originally posted by scottyboy
                          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Where were you prior to the 2008 draft? I'd say at least 60% of this board had McFadden as being a better prospect than Peterson.

                            The Vikings' offensive line might be a lot better than the Raiders, but it isn't like Minnesota had a competent passing game until this year.
                            IIRC some people on this board said that McFadden was a worse prospect than Chris Johnson.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


                            DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

                            Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                              I though D-Mac would be a star back, but during evaluations one thing people messed up on is not realizing that he doesn't have much elusiveness at all. He's a downhill, straight line runner with a quality stiff arm, but his open field moves aren't really there.

                              Also consider how many snaps he got out of the Wildcat in college. Definitely helped create running lanes galore for him. That said, there are still lots of skills he brings to the table.
                              I would say the Wildhog with him and Felix Jones inflated him as a prospect, no doubt. No one knew how to stop it and it made McFadden a more productive and thus higher rated prospect.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                i'm sure you'll be editing that post shortly to include the relevance.
                                Nah. He never carried the ball more than 160 times in his Baltimore years. YPC averages are very manipulative to runners with lower carry totals. 4.5 YPC on 160 attempts isn't as impressive as 4 YPC on 303 attempts. Attempting to compare them is ridiculous.

                                Given that he could stay healthy,McFadden would average far more than tenth of a yard per carry if he was the feature back in Minnesota.


                                mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                                Originally posted by scottyboy
                                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information