Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darren McFadden getting a pass on criticism.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K Train View Post
    he goes down instantly on contact. if he "trucks the **** out of someone" thats showing that hes not afraid to get dirty (despite always being injured), but i have yet to see him actually steam roll someone in the pros.

hes fast but he is by no means powerful
    i was talking about at arkansas. oakland just ruined him. put him on a decent team, and people will see. he's legit. and his legs are only small looking cause the dude is like 6'3''

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
      He trucks the **** out of people and he ran in the 4.3s.... not fast or powerful? what?

If he gets daylight hes gone.
      Maybe on Madden.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
        I still see the ability/talent there for him to be a star, but on the right team and in the right system.

If they had Carolina's OL, I think McFadden & Bush could rival DeAngelo & Stewart. Or am I overrating Bush & McFadden? I have seen some greatness in each guy, just not enough which I believe is due to the offense/OL/QB.
        You're slightly overrating them. Put either back in the ZBS with a much, much better O-Line and then we're talking about two 1000+ yard rushers. If McFadden is cut/traded this offseason, then for his own good I hope he goes to Houston, assuming their tailback situation doesn't get any better. Shanahan could do wonders with him in DC. Anywhere but Denver, really. :)

Comment

McFadden is a boss in Madden, still. Madden always finds a way of overrating "speed" backs.

Comment

I actually really like Bush and feel he is by far the Raiders best back, with just a little better QB play he should top 1000 yards rushing.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
              McFadden is a boss in Madden, still. Madden always finds a way of overrating "speed" backs.
              speed everything, give me heyward bey in madden over fitz anyday
              E]

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
                He trucks the **** out of people and he ran in the 4.3s.... not fast or powerful? what?

If he gets daylight hes gone.
                Never said that he wasn't fast, I said that he's not a pure speed back and he's not overly elusive. There is a huge difference.

And truck the **** out of people, he does not.

In his two year career, he has two carries of over 20 yards. That's downright sad.

And how on earth can you say that the dude doesn't have chicken legs? He doesn't even have calves.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  I actually really like Bush and feel he is by far the Raiders best back, with just a little better QB play he should top 1000 yards rushing.
                  I've never been a Bush fan, but I read a stat somewhere that said in the three games Oakland has given him fifteen touches or more, he's averaged like 140 yards from scrimmage or something ridiculous like that.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Never said that he wasn't fast, I said that he's not a pure speed back and he's not overly elusive. There is a huge difference.

In his two year career, he has two carries of over 20 yards. That's downright sad.

And how on earth can you say that the dude doesn't have chicken legs? He doesn't even have calves.
                    big time chicken legs. hes got willie parker syndrome. blazing straight line speed, not enough elusiveness or top notch vision, pretty poor receiver and knee/ankle problems
                    E]

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      I've never been a Bush fan, but I read a stat somewhere that said in the three games Oakland has given him fifteen touches or more, he's averaged like 140 yards from scrimmage or something ridiculous like that.
                      pre broken leg i had bush over peterson.....seems foolish now and i moved him down to a second round guy after the injury but i was pretty high on bush.
                      E]

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                        big time chicken legs. hes got willie parker syndrome. blazing straight line speed, not enough elusiveness or top notch vision, pretty poor receiver and knee/ankle problems
                        Yeah, but his chicken legs are a half-foot longer than Fast Willie's.
                        I bet McFadden wishes he was 4 inches shorter.

How tall is CJ2K?

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                          How tall is CJ2K?
                          5'11'', I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by K Train View Post
                            pre broken leg i had bush over peterson.....seems foolish now and i moved him down to a second round guy after the injury but i was pretty high on bush.
                            I didn't like him because I saw too much Lendale/Ron Dayne/TJ Duckett in him in college. He was a big back w/pretty good feet who didn't like to get his jersey dirty. Big backs who think they're scatbacks is a huge, huge turnoff for me. He's turned into a better NFL player than I thought he would.

My runningback rankings over the years (and I'd have to really look back and do some digging to verify) went something like this...

1. Peterson (had him as the best overall player in his entire draft class...over Megatron, Thomas, Russell, etc. One of the few runningbacks ever worthy of being taken in the top 5 and he goes 7th overall haha)

2. Deangelo Williams
                            3. Marshawn Lynch
                            4. Cedric Benson
                            5. Jonathan Stewart

My next tier is a jumbled mess of guys like Cadillac, Felix Jones, MJD, etc.

I'm a sucker for power backs. I was really, really down on Reggie Bush and McFadden (I liked Run DMC more than Reggie, though. Reggie's probably been my least favorite RB prospect ever). And I was absolutely in love with Deangelo Williams coming out. I wanted Jacksonville to draft him desperately, but we got MJD as a very nice consolation prize haha.
                            Last edited by yourfavestoner; 08-31-2010, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I didn't like him because I saw too much Lendale/Ron Dayne/TJ Duckett in him in college. He was a big back w/pretty good feet who didn't like to get his jersey dirty. Big backs who think they're scatbacks is a huge, huge turnoff for me. He's turned into a very nice NFL player.
                              i could see that, i felt that way about white especially. i loved bush's feet though. this was around the time when steelers fans were desperately looking for "the next bettis" and there were ALWAYS duckett and white rumors. i liked what bush brought to the table so much more
                              E]

Comment

lol he actually does truck people but never with the football. He's laid out many players while blocking including Haloti Ngata.

Of course he needed 10 yards of acceleration and players not paying attention.

McFadden loves contact but his lower body isn't suited for it yet.

Originally posted by K Train View Post
                                McFadden is a great receiver though.
                                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                                Originally posted by Complex
                                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information