Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Time best Running Back Prospects, ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't the best, but Billy Sims definately needs a mention in the top 10 RB prospects. Dude was a BEAST.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Easily Bo Jackson. But honestly, Ki-Jana Carter was right up there for me. The guy was mind boggling in the way he played. If it wasn't for injuries/the team he ended up on, he could have been amazing.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Erik Dickerson not getting enough notice here.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Reggie Bush

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
            Man i can't believe it took this long for someone to mention Herschel Walker. What about Barry Sanders? Dude was absolutely unstoppable at Okie Lite.
            walker yes, barry no....in terms of being a prospect barry didnt have the measuarbles to be in the uber elite...if he came out the same year these guys did he would surely have been drafted behind them.

bo, walker, bush, peterson, mcfadden

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
              walker yes, barry no....in terms of being a prospect barry didnt have the measuarbles to be in the uber elite...if he came out the same year these guys did he would surely have been drafted behind them.

If Barry doesn't have the measurables how does Bush... and McFadden, while he is one of the fastest guys with decent size thats timed in to go along with his college production isn't close to Bo, Walker, Bush or Juice. Bush was probably the most hyped prospect ever, and I don't blame anyone, Bush was adding a new clip to his highlight reel every time he touched the ball in his Junior year at SC. I'd put Bo at number 1, Walker at 2 and Bush at 3 in terms of prospects and the media attention that they got based on what I've experienced, read and learned (Only really experienced Bush as a prospect, not old enough for the others), and then probably O.J. after that.

Since I started following the draft though...

Bush > Peterson > McFadden

Comment

On a side note, can anyone find me video of Billy Sims drop kick on a defensive player?
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

RunDMC, in his junior and senior seasons combined, put up 3,500 rushing yards/ 30 rushing touchdowns/ 300 receiving yards/ 2 receiving touchdowns/ 200 passing yards/ 7 passing touchdowns/ 1 return touchdown.

He did this in the SEC while splitting carries with a fellow future first round pick in Felix Jones (2,200 yards rushing, 18 rushing touchdowns, 300 yards receiving, 3 receiving touchdowns, 8 yards a carry, 3 kick return touchdowns in his final two seasons combined).

Bo, in comparison, had 1,786 yards rushing (17 touchdowns) in his senior season along with 73 yards receiving. 830 yards as a frosh, 1,200 as a sophmore, 500 as a junior. He averaged more yards per game in his top season than did McFadden, and averaged more YPC. But DMC was superior in receiving, passing, and kick returning. The rushing differences were small, especially considering how many carries DMC would have gotten without Felix Jones there. Not to mention the SEC now adays is rather beasty, and DMC/ Felix Jones carries that Arkansas team when everyone knew what was coming (not sure about AU in 1985).

Production was not an issue for McFadden.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Darren McFadden left after his junior year BamaFalcon. I know it was probably just a slip-up but just reminding you in case.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by roscoesdad27 View Post

This is a crazy time gap leaving out guys like Carter, Sanders, Thermal, Sims etc. I really can't see DMC being a better prospect than any of those 4.

Sims and Carter were both number one overall picks, keep that in mind.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information