Top 5 QBs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    What are thoughts on the 2nd year QB battle between Ryan and Flacco.

Ryan CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT
    2009 139 233 1649 59.7 7.08 12 9 9 82.4

Flacco CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT
    165 250 1849 66.0 7.40 12 5 12 95.6

Flacco is also playing with less weapons. Both teams are 4-3 while flacco plays in the tougher AFC north.
    coming into the league, Ryan's always had the better offense and run game, but Flacco has had the defense. Both quarterbacks took their teams to the playoffs but Flacco went farther.

However this year, Flacco's more in-tune with his offense and they are #1 in the AFC in scoring (maybe 2nd) and he's doing all this with a lot less weapons than Matt Ryan has. Even his defense has fallen off.

Ryan however, has a hall of fame TE, a Pro Bowl caliber WR, an All-Pro running back yet he doesn't look as good as Flacco does.

All homerism aside, I feel like Flacco had a better off season and has better chemistry with his WR's. This should be a great little QB comparison for years to come.

Comment

• Both are legit QBs, I give Flacco the edge when it comes to the Oline he has. but Ryans TE/WRs are a lot better then Flaccos TE/WRs. Flacco does have a better option out of the backfield in Ray Rice.

Comment

• It's too hard to pick between them but solely based on this year I have to go with Flacco. You just have to wonder how great Flacco would be if he had a monster deep threat like Roddy white. Flacco has one of the prettiest deep balls in the league but it's a shame he has no one to throw it to. It's sad when the 35 year old 5-10" Derrick Mason who is known as one of the best possession receivers this decade is now regarded as your top deep ball threat and red zone target. I'll give Flacco the edge in terms of O-line but Ryan definitely has superior weapons. I still like Ryan's mobility and throwing on the run more than Flacco, but Flacco IMO has superior arm strength and now is right on par with Ryan in terms of accuracy and decision making. I see much higher upside in Flacco TBH. The strides he has taken from year 1 to year 2 are incredible.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• people need to realise how good the ravens OLine is though. Flacco hasnt had to run for his life like ryan did yesterday(against a decent but not great saints pass rush) his whole career
          Last edited by wicket; 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
            people need to realise how good the ravens OLine is though. Flacco hasnt had to run for his life like ryan did yesterday(against a decent but not great saints pass rush) his whole career
            he was getting hit from all over vs. Minnesota, (mostly because Jared Gaither was out) but he still threw for 385. He's so calm under pressure and his poise is unlike any other QB I've seen.

Comment

• Let's leave the Ryan/Flacco thing alone until after they both have had three years starting. I know my plead won't work and we will be doomed to year after year of debate. Just ask Steelers/Chargers/Giants fans if their sick of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Let's leave the Ryan/Flacco thing alone until after they both have had three years starting. I know my plead won't work and we will be doomed to year after year of debate. Just ask Steelers/Chargers/Giants fans if their sick of it.
                As a Bengal's fan, Palmer doesn't have any other QB's in his draft lol. Leftwhich, Grossman and Boller are all back ups now. But even so, Flacco and Ryan comparisons will come up every year till one is clearly the "better" QB (which may be never). I guess try to find a way to enjoy it lol!

Comment

• 1. P.Manning
                  2. T.Brady
                  3. D.Brees
                  4. P.Rivers
                  5. A.Rodgers

I think Roethlisberger is way overrated, he throws too many ints and his 2 rings are because of the steelers running game not him
                  http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6...wbbills6qx.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by billsfan1234 View Post
                    1. P.Manning
                    2. T.Brady
                    3. D.Brees
                    4. P.Rivers
                    5. A.Rodgers

I think Roethlisberger is way overrated, he throws too many ints and his 2 rings are because of the steelers running game not him
                    the first ring his team won in spite of him. but last year, cmon man. the steelers offense went down the field and scored.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information