No announcement yet.

Week 8 ... Super Bowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice username. Also, Lions vs some AFC team sounds great to me.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If Schaub continues this pace he'll end up with 32 TDs and 4600 yards ahead of every other passer in the NFL. he got my probowl vote.

Comment

Looking at the teams, where they may get hot, and who could do it.

AFC Contenders:
        -Patriots
        -Steelers
        -Bengals
        -Ravens
        -Colts
        -Texans
        -Broncos

I'm going to toss the Bengals out just due to pedigree and consistency. I'll toss out Broncos due to their offense not being explosive enough to handle it. I'll toss out the Texans, though if there is a team whose defense could step it up and contend, it is them. I'm going to toss out the Steelers. With Aaron Smith out, I don't see the defense getting hot. I do like the Colts, looking great, but I feel like these injuries may catch up with them when all i said and done. That leaves the Patriots, who surprisingly are 7th against the pass and 6th against the run. They could get hot on offense obviously, and their defense has played well, and could definitely keep improving. As much as I hate the Ravens, I am very impressed with Rice, Mason, Flacco, and their O-line. The Ravens seem like the type of team that can get hot, their defense could steadily improve and they have big games late in the year that could give them momentum and confidence. They could sneak into a Wild Card, and dominate in the playoffs. My big question is how Flacco will face adversity. I'll go out on the limb and take the Ravens here.

NFC Contenders:
        -Vikings
        -Eagles
        -Giants
        -Cowboys
        -Cardinals
        -Falcons
        -Saints
        -Packers

I'm going to toss out a few teams based on consistency. Cowboys, Falcons, and Packers out. Could they get hot? Yes. I do believe they have exploitable pieces that simply can't improve enough to not get crushed by good teams. Giants out. I think we saw the real deal for them. Eli can't have a 2nd half dip, and he will. Just not going to get hot enough to win it. I like the Cardinals, I do, their defense seems improved (even after today,) but I don't think Warner can get to a Super Bowl again. We saw him today, and with no real running game (though they did it last year,) don't see it happening again. That leaves the Saints (my preseason pick to win it all,) and the Eagles. I like them both. If the Eagles get healthy and get going, no one can beat them. I do think it says something how poor they have been in playoff games when it counts. The Saints just aren't moving me. They do remind me a bit of the old Rams. But I don't think the defense can continue this pace of using turnovers to stop teams. Top 8 rushing defense, but they have given up 8 rushing TDs already. I keep thinking, "Darren Sharper can't keep doing this." But he has. What if that lull for him/the secondary is in the playoffs? And Colston is due for an injury. If there is a team that can fall off fast a la the Panthers last year, it is the Saints (though they would do it in a much different way). Then we have the Vikings. Favre looks good, but can he hold up over 16 games and the playoffs? I really don't think so. I do think the defense can rise leaps and bounds and get hot when Winfield comes back. They have the best runner in the game, good O-line, great D-Line and LBs. I think the Vikings are most likely to crumple late. I think the Eagles are most likely to get hot late. I think the Saints could dip very soon, then get hot again late. I'll stick with the Saints I guess.

So, Ravens vs. Saints.
        Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 11-02-2009, 04:29 AM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

You forgot about the Colts in your AFC explanation... I like them a lot better than the Ravens.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Texans vs Cowboys!!! Woo, All Texas Super Bowl

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

I'll go for the all-purple bowl. Ravens-Vikings.
              I'm a state.

Comment

Colts or Steelers vs the giants...make that the saints. I don't trust Childress or the eagles.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Saints over Colts.

It is really early, last year at this time Giants/Titans were strongest and they combined for 0-2 in the Playoffs.

Comment

I'll say Vikings vs Patriots.

Comment

I'm gonna go with Vikings vs Colts...just have a gut feeling.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                      Originally posted by Job
                      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          My preseason pick was Saint vs. Pats so I'll stick with that.
                          Yay someone agrees with me.

Tom Brady vs. Drew Brees will rape the air above them

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Comment

Bengals over Saints. Drew Brees sets a Super Bowl record of 9 TD's right before Palmer breaks it with 2 TD's in the final 2 minutes for a total of 10 TD's.

That's my predicition.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                I give Minnesota the edge over New Orleans at this point. I think the Saints have yet to be tested. (that Giants win doesn't look all that great now does it?) The Vikings are the most balanced team in the league, with outstanding players in all areas.

As for the AFC, I think it will be between the Colts and Patriots, what's new? I can't really say right now.

Every time we dismantle someone, the win no longer looks impressive.
                                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information