GM's available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM's available?

I have come to the realization that it is time for a regime change in Green Bay starting with Thompson. Just too many of the same problems, can't run the ball, poor discipline., lack of aggressiveness in bringing vets etc.

The 'name' coaching prospects are well knowd- Shanahan, Cower, but the Packers should hire a GM first and keep that separate from the HC. Who would be potential GM's this off season? And don't even think of Holmgrem

Tom Heckert of the Eagles has almost left the past couple offseasons, he has no say in matters because Andy Reid is the VP of Personnel Department and is essentially the GM in everything but title. He almost left for the Browns but he declined after they hired Mangini because he wanted his own guy.

Also I will refer you to this link:
    http://www.profootballweekly.com/200...nfl-executives

That is a list of five executives ready to take the next step and become general managers.

Comment

Marc Ross, head of scouting for the Giants would make an excellent GM. He's Jerry Reese's right hand man, and I think the world of him.

But seriously, TT is a great GM. Packer fans need to take that chill pill. I have no idea why anyone would blame TT for the Favre saga.

Especially since he made the right move. And he's done a great job filling that team with talent.

Injuries happen. You can't win em all. Sometimes you just get unlucky. TT is doing a fine job in GB.

Comment

Good GMs IMO usually come from directors of college or pro scouting under great GMs.

Comment

I like Caserio in New England. I think the success of Dimitroff in Atlanta bodes well for him, although the Scott Pioli situation in Kansas City doesn't look that good so far and it might hurt his chances, along with the fact that, other than Josh McDaniels, most recent Belichick disciples haven't really panned out. I don't keep up on executives much, though, just saying that personally it seems like Caserio knows his stuff whether it's X's and O's or more big-picture stuff.

Comment

well, we're all pretty much going to name guys from our own teams haha :)

But if you think about it, nabbing a scouting guy from a great drafting organization is the way to go.

So guys from the Giants, Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Colts, etc would be guys to consider.

Comment

I think your overreacting a little bit. To be honest if I was in his position I would've done the same thing and got rid of Favre. Favre was playing the "should i retire game" for 3 straight years and Thompson probably got tired of it. Well most of us got tired of that fiasco. Sure most of his first round picks were bust but lets see what they were. Aaron Rodgers is doing amazing now and will probably be your QB for 6-10 more years. AJ Hawk more fitted to be a 4-3 linebacker. Justin Harrell was injury prone. BJ Raji and Clay matthews is in his rookie year. The only thing I've seen that I didn't like was that he didn't attempt to trade for Randy Moss.

Comment

God damn it. I ******* hate Packer fans.

Ted Thompson is one of the better GMs in the NFL. He's doing a great job and is responsible for pretty much every talented player on our team. There are a few things he's missed on like fixing the OL, but no GM is perfect. Thompson is way better than anyone else available and is not and should not be anywhere close to being fired.
                Last edited by GB12; 11-02-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I am going to state the guy who I was hoping would have been the Chiefs current GM. Eric DeCosta. I wanted him since day one of the end of the Carl Peterson regime was over. I really think he is the next big front office guy that will be dominant for some team as a GM.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27880

A brief bio on DeCosta from the Ravens website:

After leading the team’s college scouting department for six years, Eric DeCosta was promoted to director of player personnel in 2009. DeCosta works with GM Ozzie Newsome to oversee both the college and pro scouting departments. A graduate of the Ravens’ “20/20 Club,” Eric joined the franchise in an entry-level position in 1996, the team’s first in Baltimore. He was honored in 2005 by The Sporting News as one of the top young stars in sports and was selected to both the 2008 Baltimore Business Journal and Baltimore Magazine “40 under 40” group. He also served on the eight-member committee to interview and select Ravens head coach John Harbaugh in 2008. During DeCosta’s tenure as scouting director, the Ravens drafted Pro Bowlers LB Terrell Suggs (’03) and FB Le’Ron McClain (’07) and a number of other key contributors, including OLB Jarret Johnson (’03), WR Mark Clayton (’05), C Jason Brown (’05), DT Haloti Ngata (’06), G Ben Grubbs (’07), T Jared Gaither (’07 Supplemental Draft) and QB Joe Flacco (’08)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...c_DeCosta.aspx
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    I like Caserio in New England. I think the success of Dimitroff in Atlanta bodes well for him, although the Scott Pioli situation in Kansas City doesn't look that good so far and it might hurt his chances, along with the fact that, other than Josh McDaniels, most recent Belichick disciples haven't really panned out. I don't keep up on executives much, though, just saying that personally it seems like Caserio knows his stuff whether it's X's and O's or more big-picture stuff.
                    He had half of one off season to work on the team. Give him time. It didnt happen right away in NE for you.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

George Kokinis.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                      <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                      <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                      <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                        George Kokinis.
                        LOL

Look at the talent he brought to the Browns. People like Joshua Cribbs...and...Joe Thomas...and...Josh Cribbs

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                          LOL

Look at the talent he brought to the Browns. People like Joshua Cribbs...and...Joe Thomas...and...Josh Cribbs
                          Those guys were taken before George Kokinis got there. Before he got to the Brown he was the right hand guy to in Baltimore. Head of scouting head of personnel etc.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

The Savage Kok...

Comment

Originally posted by mancl View Post
                              I have come to the realization that it is time for a regime change in Green Bay starting with Thompson. Just too many of the same problems, can't run the ball, poor discipline., lack of aggressiveness in bringing vets etc.

The 'name' coaching prospects are well knowd- Shanahan, Cower, but the Packers should hire a GM first and keep that separate from the HC. Who would be potential GM's this off season? And don't even think of Holmgrem
                              Are you serious with firing Ted Thompson? You make Packers fans look bad. Give me reasons. Now. I beg you.

Note to board: He is a seperate entity from the majority of the Packers fans. Don't take his opinion, as ill minded and ignorant as it is, as the voice for the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information