Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
    LOL

Look at the talent he brought to the Browns. People like Joshua Cribbs...and...Joe Thomas...and...Josh Cribbs
    He tried with Shaun Rogers. Gotta give him credit for trying, right?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      God damn it. I ******* hate Packer fans.

Ted Thompson is one of the better GMs in the NFL. He's doing a great job and is responsible for pretty much every talented player on our team. There are a few things he's missed on like fixing the OL, but no GM is perfect. Thompson is way better than anyone else available and is not and should not be anywhere close to being fired.
      Exactly. Thompson is an excellent GM and we'd be stupid to get rid of him. Too many people are overreacting to yesterday's lose, and many are still bitter that he made the right decision with Favre.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        I am going to state the guy who I was hoping would have been the Chiefs current GM. Eric DeCosta. I wanted him since day one of the end of the Carl Peterson regime was over. I really think he is the next big front office guy that will be dominant for some team as a GM.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27880

A brief bio on DeCosta from the Ravens website:

After leading the team’s college scouting department for six years, Eric DeCosta was promoted to director of player personnel in 2009. DeCosta works with GM Ozzie Newsome to oversee both the college and pro scouting departments. A graduate of the Ravens’ “20/20 Club,” Eric joined the franchise in an entry-level position in 1996, the team’s first in Baltimore. He was honored in 2005 by The Sporting News as one of the top young stars in sports and was selected to both the 2008 Baltimore Business Journal and Baltimore Magazine “40 under 40” group. He also served on the eight-member committee to interview and select Ravens head coach John Harbaugh in 2008. During DeCosta’s tenure as scouting director, the Ravens drafted Pro Bowlers LB Terrell Suggs (’03) and FB Le’Ron McClain (’07) and a number of other key contributors, including OLB Jarret Johnson (’03), WR Mark Clayton (’05), C Jason Brown (’05), DT Haloti Ngata (’06), G Ben Grubbs (’07), T Jared Gaither (’07 Supplemental Draft) and QB Joe Flacco (’08)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...c_DeCosta.aspx
        That's enough of that, we need Eric for when Ozzie leaves for Alabama!

Comment

Originally posted by coordinator0 View Post
          That's enough of that, we need Eric for when Ozzie leaves for Alabama!
          No i been on Erics hog for some time now.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm available. just have them gimme a call
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              An all Rutgers NFL team. Ryan D'Imperio, first rounder. Make it happen Scotty. He dominated my high school back then as a RB and LB. Wasn't fair.

Comment

Step #1: Trade Aaron Rodgers for Ray Rice and his juicy thighs
                Step #2: Trade Greg Jennings for Kenny Britt
                Step #3: Trade future first for Mike Teel
                Step #4: Trade Ryan Grant for Brian Leonard
                Step #5: Trade Aaron Kampman for Jamaal Westerman
                Step #6: Trade entire draft for Anthony Davis
                Step #7: Championship!

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                  An all Rutgers NFL team. Ryan D'Imperio, first rounder. Make it happen Scotty. He dominated my high school back then as a RB and LB. Wasn't fair.
                  you got it.

actually I'd pick Davis for the Pack, which really makes sense...
                  and then D'Imperio in the 2nd! :D
                  tim brown in the 3rd! EPIC PASS OFFENSE
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Don't forget E Fost!
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Raiders gm is Al Davis :(

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                        I like Caserio in New England. I think the success of Dimitroff in Atlanta bodes well for him, although the Scott Pioli situation in Kansas City doesn't look that good so far and it might hurt his chances, along with the fact that, other than Josh McDaniels, most recent Belichick disciples haven't really panned out. I don't keep up on executives much, though, just saying that personally it seems like Caserio knows his stuff whether it's X's and O's or more big-picture stuff.
                        Wait, what? Give him more than a year to build a team before he's written off. Did people really expect the Chiefs to turn it around with a very tough first half of the schedule? I don't get that.
                        Last edited by vidae; 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                          Wait, what? Give him more than a year to build a team before he's written off. Did people really expect the Chiefs to turn it around with a very tough first half of the schedule? I don't get that.
                          I easily expected the Chiefs to have 10 wins by now, at least
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

I easily expected the Chiefs to have 10 wins by now, at least
                            We have ZERO Rutgers players Scotty! ZERO!

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                              We have ZERO Rutgers players Scotty! ZERO!
                              BURN THE WITCHES!! BURN THEM!

hmmm draft Timmy Brown then, he'd be an excellent speedster along side Bowe
                              We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

People are straight up spoiled by Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. Teams just don't instantly produce as soon as you bring in a new coach or GM.

Pioli is not going to do a rush job in KC, and the organization is not going to force him into that. They're completely redoing the defense there, and Pioli tried to help that defense by bringing in Tyson Jackson. Sure Jackson might have been a bit of reach, and it's possible that he'll never wow anyone with his play. But it was a safe pick, and it's going to pay off when Pioli starts bringing in studs to help that defense.

He got his QB of the future in Cassel, he knows that Bowe is the #1 there, and he's going to slowly build that offensive line up to protect Cassel and then fill in skill positions afterward (hopefully booting LJ somewhere in between).

He doesn't seem like a GM that's going to turn things around instantly, but instead make smart, calculated and most importantly safe moves to build that franchise correctly and make sure it's a constant contender in the some what struggling AFC west.

Pioli will not hurt Caserio's chances of helping another franchise in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information