No announcement yet.

GM's available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying Pioli will be bad (I still hold out hope for him), just that so far he hasn't really improved anything in Kansas City, and that when people are evaluating Caserio for a potential GM job, they might look at the success rate of Pioli in Kansas City in his first year. Remember, everyone though Pioli hosed the Patriots on that deal for Cassel, but so far he hasn't really been making plays in Kansas City, and it's not like the Chiefs were bringing in all sorts of great players this offseason - most of their draft was relatively unimpressive. The Chiefs are looking like a very, very long term project. They have needs throughout the entire roster and only a few players who look like locks to stay on the team, mostly due to draft status or money invested and not really due to production thus far. You'd think they'd have at least beat the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      I am going to state the guy who I was hoping would have been the Chiefs current GM. Eric DeCosta. I wanted him since day one of the end of the Carl Peterson regime was over. I really think he is the next big front office guy that will be dominant for some team as a GM.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=27880

A brief bio on DeCosta from the Ravens website:

After leading the team’s college scouting department for six years, Eric DeCosta was promoted to director of player personnel in 2009. DeCosta works with GM Ozzie Newsome to oversee both the college and pro scouting departments. A graduate of the Ravens’ “20/20 Club,” Eric joined the franchise in an entry-level position in 1996, the team’s first in Baltimore. He was honored in 2005 by The Sporting News as one of the top young stars in sports and was selected to both the 2008 Baltimore Business Journal and Baltimore Magazine “40 under 40” group. He also served on the eight-member committee to interview and select Ravens head coach John Harbaugh in 2008. During DeCosta’s tenure as scouting director, the Ravens drafted Pro Bowlers LB Terrell Suggs (’03) and FB Le’Ron McClain (’07) and a number of other key contributors, including OLB Jarret Johnson (’03), WR Mark Clayton (’05), C Jason Brown (’05), DT Haloti Ngata (’06), G Ben Grubbs (’07), T Jared Gaither (’07 Supplemental Draft) and QB Joe Flacco (’08)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Peopl...c_DeCosta.aspx
      You cant have him. Hes one of the NFL's best kept secrets. Go away!
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        You cant have him. Hes one of the NFL's best kept secrets. Go away!
        You guys should freeze Ozzie Newsome in hopes of bringing him back to life in the future.

Comment

Marty Schottenheimer wants to get into the GM game...doooo it.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            Raiders gm is Al Davis :(
            Seriously, I'd kill a man to have TT make the decisions around here.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              He tried with Shaun Rogers. Gotta give him credit for trying, right?
              Savage got Rogers too, and he was great last year and hes playing good this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                Savage got Rogers too, and he was great last year and hes playing good this year.
                Well then I'm all out. I think he needed more time, though.

Comment

Ron Hughes-Steelers, Marc Ross-Giants, Eric DeCosta-Ravens

Comment

Matt Millen, commentator ESPN

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information