Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the dirtiest player in the league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets turn the topic to past players...

I'm going Bill Romanowski I had such a hate for this man.

Comment

I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.
      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur.../s_651611.html

Said Polamalu when asked about his supposedly dirty play, "I always do my hair before the game."

Haha.

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
        does anyone no the ratio of offensive players to defensive players
        And the Top 10 is 6 Defense/4 Offense.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Rodney Harrison calls the Titans the dirtiest team in the league, mainly because he got his knee hurt when Bobby Wade blocked him and hurt his knee.

Rodney. Friggin. Harrison.

I was at that game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...in-the-league/

Harrison listened to the list of names on the list and said one stuck out.

"Kevin Mawae is dirty. He's a dirty dude."

Harrison went on to say the Titans, as a team, are the dirtiest in the league. Harrison still isn't happy about with the Titans because of a play on New Year's Eve in 2006 when receiver Bobby Wade took out Harrison's knees, injuring him for New England's playoff run. Harrison says the Titans sideline was laughing, and even coach Jeff Fisher had a smile on his face.
          Reminds me of the "Code Red" accusation by Merriman where he said Jeff Fisher put out a hit on him.

EDIT: WTF? Vince Young got a vote on the Sports Illustrated poll...
          Last edited by TitanHope; 11-05-2009, 05:06 PM.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
            I think it is Troy Polamalu. I've seen him go after knees way too many times. Great player, but very dirty.
            You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
              You mean he dives at the ball carrier's legs just like every defensive back is taught to do.
              This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."

Comment

Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                DBs are taught to shoot at the thighs, not the knees and shins, which most of them do.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  This is a horrible argument. I don't think Troy is a dirty player, but the "he plays the game hard" excuse is much better. Troy Polamalu and textbook tackling do not belong in the same sentence, unless it's "Troy Polamalu is a big hitter who rarely practices textbook tackling."
                  I think it's no coincidence that many of those players also go 100% every single play, save for guys like Haynesworth. But when you see Hines Ward, he's always giving full effort even when he's not getting catches. When you see Cortland Finnegan, he's always in the WR's face no matter if he's on the #1 guy or #4. When you see Jared Allen, he's always going for the QB and doing everything he can to get that sack. Troy P is always running in 6th gear and throwing his body around like a weapon. That's part of what makes these players the best at their position.

As for the DL and OL's that made the list, I kinda like my trench guys to have a mean streak.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Jared Allen...what's that? You don't mean in that sense...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Sounds to me like a lot of sour grapes. Sure on the field there's stuff you do without meaning to in the heat of the moment and there's others who become different people on the field, but I don't think we see too many intentionally dirty tactics.

A lot of these might be stuff deemed dirty, like going for the legs, or checking extremely hard at the line, but none of that is outside of the rules, maybe outside of gentlemenly conduct, but nothing inherently miscreant.

Comment

James Harrison. Douche Bag.

Comment

joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth

Go Celtics
                          Go Irish
                          Go Ravens

Comment

Originally posted by lordquas View Post
                            joey porter needs to shut his ******* mouth
                            yea but he doesn't pick on mentally handicapped kids...

and hmm I'm going with Wilfork, mainly for him trying to poke out Jacobs' eye
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Brian Dawkins is up there as well.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                                Lol, just so you guys know, most of the guys you mentioned also popped up on the list. Here's the top 10:

1. Hines Ward - WR - Pittsburgh Steelers
                                2. (tied) Joey Porter - OLB - Miami Dolphins
                                2. (tied) Albert Haynesworth - DT - Washington Redskins
                                4. Roy Williams - SS - Cincinnati Bengals
                                5. Kevin Mawae - C - Tennessee Titans
                                6. Cortland Finnegan - CB - Tennessee Titans
                                7. Richie Incognito - OG - St. Louis Rams
                                8. Harvey Dahl - OG - Atlanta Falcons
                                9. Troy Polamalu - SS - Pittsburgh Steelers
                                10. Jared Allen - DE - Minnesota Vikings

Source: http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/04/p...rtiest-player/

Harvey Dahl's the man. He seems to get a little something of a player after the whistle. He was getting into it with Mike Singletary on the sidelines this year and had to be taken out of our victory formation against the 49ers for getting into it with defensive lineman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information