No announcement yet.

Week 9 discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the first time Eli Manning and Philip Rivers have faced each other? Or did I forgot a game?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Is this the first time Eli Manning and Philip Rivers have faced each other? Or did I forgot a game?
      Week 3 of 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        That Harbaugh quote was pretty relevant last year and some previous years. Now? Not so much.

They're a team, who's foundation has been built through the draft/undrafted FAs and around good well rounded people.

Gone, are all the players with the checkered pasts or criminal records. We may have a prima donna or two (here's looking at you Roy and Crayton) but, we have a good group of guys here, from a character stand point and the team chemistry has been better than ever.
        its still relevant for this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
          its still relevant for this year too.
          Why is that, exactly?

Because of one Roy Williams comment?

How exactly do we have a star system with no real structure or team mentality? Harbaugh has no idea what he is talking about. He makes it sound like we bought a bunch of talented players and just threw them together.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-06-2009, 03:14 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Week 3 of 2005.

Except that was Drew Brees' starting for the Chargers.

Comment

Why is that, exactly?

How exactly do we have a star system with no real structure or team mentality? Harbaugh has no idea what he is talking about. He makes it sound like we bought a bunch of talented players and just threw them together.
              You might have noticed that quote was about the past DECADE and its hard to deny that being true from whats happened in Dallas since the 90s. I do agree with you that THIS year for the first time in a decade or more, that Harbaugh's statement would be false if he were just talking about THIS year, but he isn't. The Cowboys have put together a nice collection of talent and weeded out most of the arrogance and trouble within the roster, I attribute that to Wade Phillips though and not Jerry Jones. I think Phillips is a great coach for the Cowboys, if he gets fired this off season for some big name coach it will be a mistake as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots -Miami's offense is so hit or miss for me and I expect that the Patriots have used all two weeks to prepare for the wildcat. No one on the Dolphins can cover Randy Moss.
                One of the main reasons for drafting Sean Smith was to cover the bigger receivers in our division like Randy and T.O. Not saying he'll shut him down or anything, but he's been playing well and I expect it to be a really good matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
                  You might have noticed that quote was about the past DECADE and its hard to deny that being true from whats happened in Dallas since the 90s. I do agree with you that THIS year for the first time in a decade or more, that Harbaugh's statement would be false if he were just talking about THIS year, but he isn't. The Cowboys have put together a nice collection of talent and weeded out most of the arrogance and trouble within the roster, I attribute that to Wade Phillips though and not Jerry Jones. I think Phillips is a great coach for the Cowboys, if he gets fired this off season for some big name coach it will be a mistake as far as I'm concerned.
                  The way it is worded, it makes it seem as if he insinuating that they're still what is wrong with the NFL. It's a little ridiculous...Cowboys fans could just as easily bring up T.O. or Mike Vick as some return fire...or the fact that neither team has had championship success over the time frame. Poor choice of words, imo.

Now he may not, but if he still sees Dallas as what is wrong with the NFL...then he's a moron. Because, this team is not a "star system", nor are they a collection of talent that cant coexist or play well together. The majority of these guys have been together for years and have been built from the ground up. A nice little example, 4/5ths of our WR core were either undrafted or in Crayton's case, a 7th round draft choice. Our Qb was undrafted, our RBs are all, in home talent. I may be rambling but, there are a lot of misconceptions about the Cowboys, like they buy all their players or only collect stars and try to fit the square peg in the round hole or what not. But honestly, this Cowboy team is one that you can be proud of and they do fit well together and play nice with each other and again, they've been growing together for a long time now.

So, it may all be for not, depending upon what he actually meant but, I'm just getting this point across.

As for who to thank for cleaning up Dallas' act...I'd give a lot of credit to Jerry's son, Stephen Jones, actually. He differs with his father a lot and Jerry has been giving him more and more freedom and rightfully so, as he has a good head on his shoulders. And he doesnt want to deal with all the nonsense that comes with adding some of these bad apples.
                  Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Pssst hey Giants, let's go. It's the Schizo Bowl.

Comment

Ty Law returns

To Denver if/when he passes the physical.

Comment

Except that was Drew Brees' starting for the Chargers.
                        You're probably right. I read a preview of the game and it mentioned the last time they matched up was Week 3 of 2005 but I didn't even think about Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                          Man, I feel bad for the Colts loosing their guys. Having said that, I still think we have a shot at handing them their first defeat this season.
                          If the texans can play four quarters of football I think they have a very good shot at winning this one.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Why is that, exactly?

Big kudos to MOTH for his riposte to a Harbaugh sucker punch. Harbaugh's Dallas bashing is attacking an easy target: Jerry Jones' hubris, granted. Questionably coached, uhhh maybe. Can't win a playoff game? Yeah maybe that too. But the Dallas of today is the envy of about 90% of the other NFL teams.

TO & Don't Call Me Pacman are gone, this is a very good team whose offense is clicking on all cylinders now, no Romo INTs in 3 games, 2nd in the NFL in total yds, 1st in the league in converting 3rd downs, not too shabby.

Dallas has nada to be ashamed of for having better talent player for player than any team in the NFC not located in the Pelican State.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              You're probably right. I read a preview of the game and it mentioned the last time they matched up was Week 3 of 2005 but I didn't even think about Brees.
                              He is right fo sho.

BTW LT would have had 200 yards that game but settled for something in the 190s...because Justin Tuck ran him down 50 yards downfield. Beastly pursuit, it obviously left an impression.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Dallas has nada to be ashamed of for having better talent player for player than any team in the NFC not located in the Pelican State.

The Gopher and Keystone states might disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information