Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
    Tennessee Titans @ San Francisco 49ers
    San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants

Sunday Night Football

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

Monday Night Football

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

Byes: Bills, Browns, Vikings, Jets, Raiders, Rams

I was wondering when this was going to pop up. HWJ been banned or something??

Big game for the Steelers. Ryan Clark will not make the trip due to his sickle cell disease. Meaning Tyrone Carter will probably start. Bluck.

I think if we stop the run (which I don't think we will have a problem doing, especially with the weak interioir O-Line of the Broncos) and basically play them just like the Ravens did, it should be a win. The defense is still full of starters that went to Denver for the AFC Championship game in 2005 so they know how to handle it.

Clady vs Harrison should be a good matchup, as well as Taylor vs Marshall.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Lots of good games from the top to the bottom of the league. there's more great ones than bad ones this week.

great divisional matchups
      Cincy-Baltimore
      Indy-Houston
      Philly-Dallas

other great matchups
      Chicago-Arizona
      Pitt-Denver
      SD-NY

then the draft bowls
      Detroit-Seattle
      Jax-KC

and, i don't have to look at Brent Farve this week!

Comment

1 PM EST

Washington Redskins @ Atlanta Falcons - I am worried about a post-MNF let-down; but let's be frank here, Atlanta is a much better football team through and through.

Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
        - I cannot figure this Cardinals' team out. They have the potential to be great, they just underachieve far too often. I am beginning to think that Kurt Warner is done. Is it time to see what they got in Matt Leinart?

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts - Houston plays Indy tough and if the defense can doing anything to slow Manning they have a good chance to win. The Colts are banged up in the secondary at a poor time.

Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals are at home, coming off a bye week, and the Ravens do not have Haloti Ngata. This is their chance to put the division in a stranglehold.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Jacksonville Jaguars
        -Hint to the Jaguars: give MJD the ball more than 8 times. I do like the Chiefs here in a surprise, the Jaguars cannot cover Dwayne Bowe and the Chiefs have had an extra week to get their O-Line healthy.

Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers -Will the Bucs win a game this year? Maybe, but they are not much better than the Lions were last year.

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots -Miami's offense is so hit or miss for me and I expect that the Patriots have used all two weeks to prepare for the wildcat. No one on the Dolphins can cover Randy Moss.

4 PM EST

Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints -The Saints' run defense without Ellis is a huge liability and the Panthers have the top ranked pass defense; should set up an upset right? Not so much, mostly because I don't trust that the Panthers can pass enough to win this game.

Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
        -The Seahawks are the better team and they still have a great H.F.A.

- Interesting match-up here, but I think San Francisco has the kind of defense to limit Chris Johnson and that's all you need to do to beat the Titans.

San Diego Chargers @ New York Giants
        - I am not sure what to make of this game. Both teams have the talent, both need a win in the worst way, both have looked terrible at times this year. Complete toss-up in my opinion.

Sunday Night Football

Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles - John Harbaugh destroyed the Cowboys with this quote:
        Originally posted by why have the Eagles had more success than the Cowboys
        Why is that? Because what Andy Reid and his program stand for if the opposite of what the Cowboys stand for. The Cowboys are a star system. It's all about building around individuals first and collecting talent, collecting great players. Andy has always been about building a team. And over the long haul, it's a team sport, and one of the greatest examples of that is what's happened with the Eagles and the Cowboys over the last 10 years. The Cowboys stand for everything that's wrong with the NFL.
        Monday Night Football

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos - Kyle Orton will have a hard time with his dink-n-dunk attack against this team, especially with Ryan Harris out. The Broncos' D will put up a hard fight, but it won't be enough to beat the champs.

Comment

Yay Detroits in another draft bowl. Draft Bowl 2, the deuce. There will be a third in two weeks when we play Cleveland. Turd bowl is a good name for that one.

Could be an entertaining game with Calvin back. Shootout would be fun to watch with Hawks pulling away of course eventually since the Lions are the Lions and the game is in Seattle.

Comment

The only chance the Chiefs have is if they can get their running game going I'm really wanting to see how they do with out LJ.

Comment

I think Charles will be effective in the short term. I think he has a burst and will make some big time plays, he just isn't a feature back in the long run.

Comment

The Panthers worry me, but with that said - GEAUX SAINTS!
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  1 PM EST
                  - Interesting match-up here, but I think San Francisco has the kind of defense to limit Chris Johnson and that's all you need to do to beat the Titans.
                  I'm looking forward to seeing 2 disappointing players in Alex Smith and Vince Young trying to make a comeback. That's the storyline of the game here IMO. Plus, the #2 rushing offense against the #2 rushing defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    The Panthers worry me, but with that said - GEAUX SAINTS!
                    Look at you being all cajun living in California (??).

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I think Charles will be effective in the short term. I think he has a burst and will make some big time plays, he just isn't a feature back in the long run.
                      I agree with this. He is the perfect change of pace back who can come in and hurt a defense. We do need to draft another RB to be the starter, but I really like what Charles brings to the table.

I think it will be tough for us to beat Jacksonville, but any given sunday.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                        Look at you being all cajun living in California (??).
                        Long story short - I was born and raised in Texas. When I started to like football I couldn't stand the Cowboys and their fans and refused to cheer for them. I stumbled across a Saints game one afternoon and it was love (and heartbreak) at first pass.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

That Harbaugh quote was pretty relevant last year and some previous years. Now? Not so much.

They're a team, who's foundation has been built through the draft/undrafted FAs and around good well rounded people.

Gone, are all the players with the checkered pasts or criminal records. We may have a prima donna or two (here's looking at you Roy and Crayton) but, we have a good group of guys here, from a character stand point and the team chemistry has been better than ever.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Man, I feel bad for the Colts loosing their guys. Having said that, I still think we have a shot at handing them their first defeat this season.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information