No announcement yet.

Dungy: Vick could end up with Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

considering that lack of decent free agent qbs this upcoming offseason he could be move valued than most people think. with penningtons age and injury concerns hes almost as much a risk as vick and vick obviously has more upside. the only other decent options out there are campbell and culpepper. campbell is the only one that will require a decent contract.

based on the skins situation on the offensive line, a mobile qb like vick would be better off than a strictly pocket passer and would allow the team to focus on drafting olineman this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterM View Post
      Where did I say there was any conspiracy? He is playing behind a top 10 QB, and he is in his first year back. OBVIOUSLY they aren't going to give Vick many snaps at all. That would be ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as trying to make any judgement on Vick based on how he's played so far in packages that aren't conducive to his success.

I love how people with no argument create random banter to try and simply change the subject.
      I'm sorry I didn't fully address your point. You didn't say it was a conspiracy But what you are saying is that they are putting him out there in situations that are not geared towards him having any success then why put him out there in the first place AND why not put him in a situation for him to do anything. Which makes me conclude he hasn't done anything in practice or during a game which is why I made my first statement. He also didn't play when this 'Top 10 QB' was injured just saying. Maybe we can't judge on what he did this season but he was never that great to begin with.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Good luck with that. I love how Vick hints at the fact that he should be getting more touches, but has done absolutely nothing to show why he deserves it. I actually think the eagles feel obligated to give him a couple snaps a game, even though snapping it directly to DeSean Jackson would both be more effective and scarier to opposing defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          I think Vick's biggest contribution to the team would be pushing Edwards to forget about his concussion and stop checking down. The kid was looking like such a nice young quarterback before that concussion, I know he can still be a good QB, the question is how to get there and it might be easier just to start with a new guy but I think someone like Vick and the circus he would bring would really take the pressure off of Trent and let him get used to being a quarterback again.
          no, trent has ALWAYS been a checkdown QB...

Bills fans just never cared because he wasnt JP Losman at the time. Back then Bills fans would love any QB thats name wasnt Losman. Now that he hasnt improved at all in his 3 year career, people NOW are tired of his scared play, and his inabilites to make plays...

Comment

I will give the Bills my season ticket money to NOT sign Mike Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
              I will give the Bills my season ticket money to NOT sign Mike Vick.
              at least the Sabers arent bad?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                at least the Sabers arent bad?
                I don't like hockey but if I did I'd be a Caps fan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  The Bills are weak from coach to assistants to personnel on both sides of the ball. IMO they need to be gutted and rebuilt, there's a decent nucleus at certain positions to build around, they just need a better coach and some better players at other positions.

Edwards needs coaching at this point imo, not really a veteran who isn't a good passer to "push" him. I think having Vick there would do something of stunting his development.
                  They've got a few good coaches but you're right, the guys at the top are terrible and that trickles down. I thought they should've replaced Jauron either of the past two offseasons.

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                  no, trent has ALWAYS been a checkdown QB...

Bills fans just never cared because he wasnt JP Losman at the time. Back then Bills fans would love any QB thats name wasnt Losman. Now that he hasnt improved at all in his 3 year career, people NOW are tired of his scared play, and his inabilites to make plays...
                  That's just not true though, he didn't have the "**** it I'm going deep to Evans" mentality Losman had, but that didn't mean he was captain checkdown. The kid moved the ball and made good throws and reads, he just didn't go deep very often because he doesn't have a big arm and is more accurate working short to intermediate routes. And he was improving steadily until that concussion, he's stagnated at that point and become more scared out there. He needs to shake that and rebuild his confidence and he'll start progressing again. But hey, if the bills want to cut him the giants are going to need someone to replace Carr soon and I wouldn't mind our staff making Trent their next reclamation project.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Vick sucks. He has lost his explosiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      That's just not true though, he didn't have the "**** it I'm going deep to Evans" mentality Losman had, but that didn't mean he was captain checkdown. The kid moved the ball and made good throws and reads, he just didn't go deep very often because he doesn't have a big arm and is more accurate working short to intermediate routes. And he was improving steadily until that concussion, he's stagnated at that point and become more scared out there. He needs to shake that and rebuild his confidence and he'll start progressing again. But hey, if the bills want to cut him the giants are going to need someone to replace Carr soon and I wouldn't mind our staff making Trent their next reclamation project.
                      I've watched every Bills game since (i believe 2003)

trent has always had the same mentality.. he just looks worst now because he isnt getting 5-6 seconds in the pocket like he was his rookie year

Comment

Has Tony Dungy adopted this guy or what? Hey Tony nobody seems to want to give Matt Jones another chance why not take him under your wing?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                          Has Tony Dungy adopted this guy or what? Hey Tony nobody seems to want to give Matt Jones another chance why not take him under your wing?
                          Don't give danzing anything else to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Don't give danzing anything else to talk about
                            That's why i hid it over here.:)

Comment

trent has always had the same mentality.. he just looks worst now because he isnt getting 5-6 seconds in the pocket like he was his rookie year
                              From another Bills fan, you've got a revisionist view on Edwards' history as a passer. He was making good throws that were behind the first down line before that concussion. His passes weren't 30+ yard bombs, but he had a lot more 10-20 yard completions from the start of last year than he has since and the offensive line wasn't even that great at the time other than the Seahawks game. For those weeks we were all wanting to put Peters' head on a stake because of his terrible pass pro. Our line was good at run blocking though. Trent was fine until the concussion, and he really turned into captain checkdown after the 1st quarter of the Monday night game last year when we played the Browns. Thats when it first got BAD. I was at that game, he through 3 INT's in the first quarter and then from then on, every pass was a check down to Lynch or someone else short other than a couple of passes about 20-25 yards down the middle to Stevie Johnson.

So, he was fine until Adrian Wilson lit him up and caused that concussion, started playing with no confidence after that, through 3 INT's against the Browns and then lost all of his swagger and turned into captain check down. Hes been the same ever since, and I actually think he would be better at not checking down if we didn't have Owens on the team this year because he has gone deep to Owens at least 3 times where its been a nearly perfect throw that Owens just completely dropped. Edwards seems to still have a decent deep ball when he throws it from the Bills end of the field, but when the field gets shorter, and he goes deeper towards the goal line it seems to get picked off most of the time.

For the Bills, I'd rather them fix up the rest of the roster before picking up a legit franchise quarterback and if the team wants to pick up Vick to bring some excitement and sell some tickets while they rebuild the foundation of the roster, I'd be fine with that as a fan.

Comment

And I've watched each of Trent's starts until this season. Sure he's never focused on attack teams deep, but he threw in the 10-20 yard range fairly consistently and pretty well. He doesn't even do that any more and just seems scared since being hurt and having a ****** OL.

Edit: Vox writing the same thing in greater depth and detail.
                                Last edited by Rosebud; 11-09-2009, 04:54 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information