No announcement yet.

Chiefs cutting Larry Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFT and Jason LaCanfora of NFL network are saying that the Texans are front runners for LJ.
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      LJ was very well spoken this morning with Dan Patrick, gave a very good mea culpa while still talking about the future very optimistically. DP gave him a very uncharacteristically hostile sendoff though, even going so far as to say he wasn't sure about having him on the show, and that he was making his agent (who supposedly represents good character types) look bad.
      I'm not sure if this is the same interview but I heard a small bit of one on the radio and the biggest surprise was when he said that he would like to come back to the Chiefs at the end of his career.

Comment

I think he just wants to come back and get those 70 yards he needs to become their all time leading rusher.

That boat has sailed...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
          RT @Adam_Schefter: Larry Johnson's agent Peter Schaffer said he's "talking with many teams and two you would never guess." I tried to guess, he wouldn't bite.
          Who did you guess?

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

does he think chiefs fans will have forgiven and forgotten in two years? or that they'll actually want a guy who, at that point, will be lucky to be averaging 2.5 ypc?
            You're giving him a lot more credit than I am!

It's hilarious because I have yet to meet a Chiefs fan that is upset about him being cut. I find it hard to believe ANY Chiefs fan would want that pile of trash back in KC under any circumstances.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
              Weren't the Saints and the Titans looking at guys like Edge and Shaun Alexander this off season? Maybe they'll kick the tires on him this week
              I think this year has proven that PT can be the full time back with Mike Bell and Reggie performing admirably when he's off the field. We don't need LJ and his poor attitude infecting our locker room.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

The two teams I am guessing are Kansas City and New York.
                i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Redskins rule out Larry Johnson

Comment

More no's for and to Larry Johnson: SF, Atlanta, Washington, Houston, Chicago.

per Shefter's twitter
                    Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

That pretty much leaves Pitt and NE of the teams rumored.

Comment

The Packers have been in the market for running backs but we just signed Ahman Green back, and he looked rejuvinated last week. We also once upon a time offered the Chiefs a first round pick for LJ

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

I cannot read.
                          Last edited by no bare feet; 11-11-2009, 03:13 PM.
                          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

It's looking pretty likely that Larry Johnson will be a Bengal. I'm very blah on this. While I think he won't be a distraction given the situation he just got out of and how short of a time period he will be here this season.... He flat out sucked at KC.

I hope he's got some left in the tank, we do need someone to spell Benson and he did average 4.5 YPC last year I guess.

Ugh, I just don't see him being that productive, hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Larry Johnson is basically the same guy as Cedric Benson; it probably won't work as well obviously.

Comment

That's the theory I'm going with anyway. We mostly need a tough physical guy to steal 5-10 carries a game from Benson so he can be rested. Hopefully he's got some left in the tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information