• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
    Aww yeah. Chiefs not dead last!
    It won't be long.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      Green Bay entered the season with much hype. Talking heads mentioned them in the playoffs and possibly even the Super Bowl, however, with the Pack now having played eight game and leading the league in 37 sacks given up it seems pretty evident that the Packers will be watching from home come this winter. This past Sunday the Packers gave the Bucs their first win of the season and allowed the anemic Tampa Bay defense to sack Aaron Rodgers six times. If Green Bay doesn't want Rodgers turning into David Carr then they need to dedicate their off-season in bringing in someone, anyone that knows how to keep defenders from doing jigs in the backfield all game.
      In other Green Bay news, the new 3-4 system that Capers has incorporated is not very impressive, at least not for me. I have mentioned this before but when you have one of the best 4-3 DE's in the game, along with a nice set of linebackers you don't switch to a 3-4. Capers is not utilizing Aaron Kampman effectively which in turn creates lack of pressure on the opposing defenses. The Packers are 29th in the league in sacks with only 13 on the season, and although they rank near the top of the league in total defense, their lack of pressure is disturbing.

18. Green Bay Packers (4-4) In order to keep Aaron Rodgers from leaving on a cart, the Packers should stay in max protect all year, especially next week against the Cowboys.
      You're spot on with the lack of pressure, it's insane our secondary locks it down for 4-5 seconds consistantly but we can get no pass rush, whatsoever. It's so frustrating.

As for offense, max protect is not the answer. The pass plays that we run are too deep! They take forever to develop and the get busted up. We need to lean on the tight ends and backs running dump routes more. Also, Donald Driver has been running the slant succesfully for the last 10 years. I don't get why we don't throw that as much any more.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
        I don't know how you can put the Patriots ahead of either the Steelers or the Bengals. Over the past two 3 weeks the Steelers have looked like a top 2-3 team. The Patriots looked medicore in their effort against Miami and played a couple of High school teams the previous two weeks. A lot will be determined this week. Colts/Patriots, Bengals/Steelers.
        the patriots looked mediocre because the benjarvis green ellis guy dropped a td pass and moss dropped another td because his hand placement was so awkward. the patriots choke in the red zone in other words. that game should have been 34-17 in favor of the patriots.

your right though, the pats defense is not that good at all. miami dropped alot of key balls in the end game. mr mediocre orton (still think he is better than tom brady? lol, what a joke) threw for over 300 yards against the pats.
        Last edited by Dirk360; 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

If the Giants do anything this season, its because of Michael Boley and Eli Manning.

Boley is by far our defensive MVP. I'm actually shocked that the Falcons let this guy go. We stole an amazing 4-3 WILL from them. The 4-3 WILL that we once knew is a dying breed (more will be said in an upcoming thoughts thread), and we stole one of the few still left in the NFL from the Falcons.

Now if he can just stay healthy, we'll have a chance.

On the offensive side, Eli carries our offense. He really does. Our weapons aren't special, our oline isn't special, and now even our run game isn't special anymore. Eli carries our offense.

Comment

I always liked Boley. He was fantastic with us under Zimmer, but he didn't fit into Mike Smith's system. I am glad he is playing well though, good story.

Am I the only person who thinks it would be cool if Mike Smith gets suspended for fighting? That is awesome. I love a coach willing to fight for his guys, literally.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
              Amazing there are teams worse than the skins lol
              Don't give up hope, a flukey touchdown or two could mean the difference against the Broncos, they are a ball control/defense team.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Don't give up hope, a flukey touchdown or two could mean the difference against the Broncos, they are a ball control/defense team.
                Any TD the redskins score is going to be a fluke and i gave up hope when we lost to the lions, i honestly dont dont see how the redskins could win anymore games. Dont ever take havin a good QB for granted because rivers has throw more TD's than our offense has scored all year lol.
                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I always liked Boley. He was fantastic with us under Zimmer, but he didn't fit into Mike Smith's system. I am glad he is playing well though, good story.

Am I the only person who thinks it would be cool if Mike Smith gets suspended for fighting? That is awesome. I love a coach willing to fight for his guys, literally.
                  that would be pretty funny
                  RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

what i don't get though is how he didn't fit Mike Smith's system. The guy can cover like nobody's business. He seems like a prototypical Tampa 2 Will to me.

He can also blitz and all that, but I don't see how he struggled in a Tampa 2.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                      that would be pretty funny

Our coach is a badass mofo who won't take D-Hall's ****!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        what i don't get though is how he didn't fit Mike Smith's system. The guy can cover like nobody's business. He seems like a prototypical Tampa 2 Will to me.

He can also blitz and all that, but I don't see how he struggled in a Tampa 2.

I am not sure what happened, but he didn't play well and was out of the coach's good graces really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          31. Detroit Lions (1-7) Soooooooooo close. The Lions had the Seahawks right where they wanted them but then let them off the hook.
                          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information