Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good is Chris Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    CJ is top 3. I'd take him, MJD and AP in any order, really. Throw in Turner & Jackson as the 2 beasts in less than stellar situations (Turner simply b/c the Falcons schedule is brutal) and that would round out my top 5. DWilliams, Benson & Rice are close behind.

    Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

    Comment


    • #17
      Benson...haha. Never thought I'd hear that. Kudos to him, though. What an unexpected rise.

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • #18
        I don't understand why it's such a slam dunk that Adrian Peterson is #1. I think he's slightly over rated this year. He's been shut down in games..and for the feature back on a 7-1 team, he just hasn't been taking over games like somebody in his situation should.

        CJ takes over games. He just keeps getting better as the year goes on. Despite the fact that he's the only weapon that needs to be accounted for, he is still lighting up the scoreboard week after week.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by drowe View Post
          I don't understand why it's such a slam dunk that Adrian Peterson is #1. I think he's slightly over rated this year. He's been shut down in games..and for the feature back on a 7-1 team, he just hasn't been taking over games like somebody in his situation should.

          CJ takes over games. He just keeps getting better as the year goes on. Despite the fact that he's the only weapon that needs to be accounted for, he is still lighting up the scoreboard week after week.
          I'm glad someone pointed this out, that's very true. CJ isn't a secret anymore, and they don't have the weapons that the Vikings have to spread the field out either, but lately he's dominated games in a far more impressive fashion then AD has.


          AD has had some pedestrian gains, and gotten stopped for the short losses at times too, I don't think it's too soon to say at worst their a 1A and 1B. Their two different types of backs obviously, but the case can be made for CJ.





          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

          Comment


          • #20
            I have him at #2, still slightly behind AP

            1. AP
            2. CJ
            3-5. Jackson, Gore, Williams
            6. Turner
            7. Brown
            8. MJD

            Comment


            • #21
              My problem with Peterson is that he'll have like 6 or 7 carries in a row that go for 1-3 yards, and then the occasional 10-20 yard run.

              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

              Comment


              • #22
                I have him 2nd as well.
                1. AP
                2. CJ
                3.D.Will
                4. MJD
                5. Gore
                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                  right now, Chris Johnson is the number 2 back in the NFL.
                  That's true, behind Adrian Peterson.

                  He's the fastest one in the league, with the best speed burst, classic overachiever on an underachieving team.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    There were rumblings over the summer that Peterson was looking to gains ten pounds of muscle so he could take more carries and deliver more punishment. Childress and other rb's around the league advised against it because they said it could cost him some of his burst and top speed that make him such a special player. I think LT said hes played at a lighter playing weight than in college at times because being faster and quicker has made it easier to get away from the big slower linebackers and lineman. i think he said he plays at around 210.

                    I think Peterson ended up gaining some weight, and it looks it a little. Hes not quite as explosive or gamebreaking as in years past despite a better team around him. still a great player but it def hurt his game a bit.

                    I think its something that Bush did coming out of college and since getting to the nfl, he added upper body muscle so that his bench would be better at his workout and people would think he could 'carry the load' and do away with that criticism. unfortunately, it took his change of direction skills and burst away a bit. They were a bit overrated beforehand if you watch his college highlights hes not quite as fast straight ahead or side to side as people seem to remember, still very good, but not Barry laterally or CJ straight ahead. Bush doesnt have the mental approach of a up the gut for 4 tough yards back, but his slight drop in that special something hurt him and his confidence and he hasnt been the same player since.
                    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
                    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Chris Johnson is a perfect example of the new trend emerging in the NFL.

                      I'm probably gonna make a write up next week and it will be in it. But in short, with teams using more spread formations and using the pass to set up the run, RBs like Chris Johnson are the emerging premiere guys at that position.

                      The days of the Brandon Jacobs, Stephen Jacksons of the world are slowing coming to a close, as theyre better off being complimentary players than the feature back in today's style of offense.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I've been saying he's the #2 back in the league for a while now. He's just a ridiculous threat to any defense.

                        BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          also gotta show MJD some love probly the hardest rb to tackle i wonder where keak is lol
                          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                            There were rumblings over the summer that Peterson was looking to gains ten pounds of muscle so he could take more carries and deliver more punishment. Childress and other rb's around the league advised against it because they said it could cost him some of his burst and top speed that make him such a special player. I think LT said hes played at a lighter playing weight than in college at times because being faster and quicker has made it easier to get away from the big slower linebackers and lineman. i think he said he plays at around 210.

                            I think Peterson ended up gaining some weight, and it looks it a little. Hes not quite as explosive or gamebreaking as in years past despite a better team around him. still a great player but it def hurt his game a bit.

                            I think its something that Bush did coming out of college and since getting to the nfl, he added upper body muscle so that his bench would be better at his workout and people would think he could 'carry the load' and do away with that criticism. unfortunately, it took his change of direction skills and burst away a bit. They were a bit overrated beforehand if you watch his college highlights hes not quite as fast straight ahead or side to side as people seem to remember, still very good, but not Barry laterally or CJ straight ahead. Bush doesnt have the mental approach of a up the gut for 4 tough yards back, but his slight drop in that special something hurt him and his confidence and he hasnt been the same player since.
                            Peterson never gained that extra weight, his dad came out and told him it wasn't a good idea and he listened. I don't think he looks worse, we just always compare him to a guy who can get 300 yards a game.


                            Here’s the surefire formula: Bulk up, one of the vets suggested. Add 10 more pounds to that 6-1, 220-pound frame and watch the extra yards pile up.

                            Peterson, an earnest 24-year-old with the Minnesota Vikings, took the bait hook, line and sinker.

                            That was clear when he espoused his newfound, self-improvement strategy to a couple of news reporters after practice the next day.

                            “I don’t think too many guys would be too excited to see me at 230 pounds twice a year,” Peterson said then. “I’ll be pretty nasty.”

                            Fortunately, Peterson’s father, Nelson, got wind of the attempted scam and urged his son not to sacrifice his 4.37-second speed over 40 yards by packing on added body armor.
                            http://thevikingage.com/2009/06/03/a...aining-weight/





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Chris Johnson is a perfect example of the new trend emerging in the NFL.

                              I'm probably gonna make a write up next week and it will be in it. But in short, with teams using more spread formations and using the pass to set up the run, RBs like Chris Johnson are the emerging premiere guys at that position.

                              The days of the Brandon Jacobs, Stephen Jacksons of the world are slowing coming to a close, as theyre better off being complimentary players than the feature back in today's style of offense.
                              I agree with the premise but Jackson shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Jacobs. He has the break away speed and is shifty enough to make people miss. Not like CJ, but Jackson is a rare talent sadly wasting away on a terrible team. Jax can do it all.

                              Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                In short...Real Good

                                As everyone else already mentioned, he's probably the #2 RB behind Peterson but could easily be considered #1 by certain teams and systems

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information