How good is Chris Johnson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Come on guys, don't you know that Ladainian is the best back?!?!

I miss LaDainian Tomlinson. The best moment of my football life was watching him pass Walter Payton with a 3-TD, 200 total yard game at Arrowhead Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I miss LaDainian Tomlinson. The best moment of my football life was watching him pass Walter Payton with a 3-TD, 200 total yard game at Arrowhead Stadium.
      Better believe during this coming offseason when the turk comes for Ladainian I am starting a 'memories' thread. Engineering a 21 point comeback at Cincinnati with the ground game is a personal favorite of mine.

Comment

In my personal order:

1. Chris Johnson
        2. Adrian Peterson
        3. Maurice Jones-Drew
        4. Ray Rice
        5. DeAngelo Williams
        6. Michael Turner
        7. Steven Jackson
        8. Ronnie Brown
        9. Cedric Benson (I still have a hard time typing that)
        10. Frank Gore
        We have the same top 3, but why Gore so low and Rice so high?

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
          SHHHH he'll hear you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Backs in general have concerns. If anything, powerbacks take more abuse and have shorter careers.

Thats why im personally a big believer in the RBC. Just constantly rotate some cheap midround guys and have a committee. Its cheaper, it keeps your run game fresher into the postseason, and its easier to replenish.
            Interestingly for the Jaguars, this is the first time in awhile we haven't had a RBBC. Fred Taylor and MJD were a kickass 1-2 punch in years past, but without Fred Taylor MJD is the lone guy. We have a decent backup in rookie Rashad Jennings who ran for his first TD this week, but he barely gets any carries, and neither does Greg Jones. The big question was if MJD could carry the load, and that seems to be the case.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

Gore is too injury prone. Maybe I should have swapped him and Ronnie Brown in hindsight, but I wouldn't take him over any of the first seven guys I mentioned.

Why wouldn't Rice be that high? What can't he do as a RB? The guy is on pace to get 1,100 yards rushing, ten touchdowns and 90 catches for 900 yards, receiving! He also has assumed the goal-line job. Look what he did to the Minnesota Vikings' defense, that was one of the most impressive performances I've seen this year.

Comment

Gore is too injury prone. Maybe I should have swapped him and Ronnie Brown in hindsight, but I wouldn't take him over any of the first seven guys I mentioned.

Why wouldn't Rice be that high? What can't he do as a RB? The guy is on pace to get 1,100 yards rushing, ten touchdowns and 90 catches for 900 yards, receiving! He also has assumed the goal-line job. Look what he did to the Minnesota Vikings' defense, that was one of the most impressive performances I've seen this year.
                :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
                Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                Just let it go RWO.
                We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

From what ive seen, if you can get past the line and get to Cj in the backfield, its going to be a loss. AD however can, in worst case scenario, get back to the line of scrimmage. But lets not forget about him because Farve came to town and the play calling changed significantly. Oh and yeah Cj is real good, second best next to peterson.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

oh yeah. Rice is everything Frank Gore SHOULD be. but, he's just never put it together for a season. Any list that has Gore over Rice would have to be based on potential...and even that is debateable.

I won't even attempt to rank them, but I'll just say that this is what I think are top tier RBs right now.

-Ronnie Brown
                    -Cedric Benson
                    -Ray Rice
                    -Chris Johnson
                    -MJD
                    -AD
                    -DeAngelo Williams
                    -Michael Turner
                    -Steven Jackson

Comment

Yeah, good point. I knew he had a lot of receiving yards, but that's pretty damn impressive.

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

In my personal order:

1. Chris Johnson
                        2. Adrian Peterson
                        3. Maurice Jones-Drew
                        4. Ray Rice
                        5. DeAngelo Williams
                        6. Michael Turner
                        7. Steven Jackson
                        8. Ronnie Brown
                        9. Cedric Benson (I still have a hard time typing that)
                        10. Frank Gore
                        You better not have such a hard time squeezing Benson into that Top 6 or 7 by year's end. I've watched every game since his start with the Bengals and this guy is more than legit. His explosiveness and speed is tremendous for a power back and he's a terror between the tackles because of his vision, balance, and knack for falling forward. I don't like Rice that high, though I more than acknowledge and respect what he is doing. In no way was he the more dangerous back last week, and he is targeted on screen passes more often than any back in the league. Still the right choice for the Ravens, and a Top 10 back, I'm just not sold on him more so than Benson/Turner/Williams who I had listed at 6, 7, 8 respectively.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Rice is having an underrated year. I'm not sure if there is anyone is can catch better than him out of the backfield already. There are some guys close but Rice might be the best.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

CJ is very very good. If he can keep up the pace I'd label him great. It's a great comparison to stack him up with Peterson. Peterson's talent is out of this world, but I do wish that he carried the ball more. One thing I hate with Viking games is that when Peterson breaks a huge play, he's on the sideline and Chester Taylor comes in. I know you want to keep him fresh, but when the guy is hot I feel that you gotta keep going with him on that same drive. When they lost to the Steelers on that last drive, he wasn't even in the game. You gotta have your best player on the field when it's crunch time. I don't know if that's a coaching decision or not, but that shouldn't happen.
                            "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                            ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Rice is having an underrated year. I'm not sure if there is anyone is can catch better than him out of the backfield already. There are some guys close but Rice might be the best.
                              In terms of hands, vision, elusiveness, strength, and balance, Ray Rice has no equals right now. He's an extreme weapon for that Baltimore, and should continue this great statistical year. He doesn't have quite the home run ability of Chris Johnson out of the backfield, but overall as a receiver, he may be the most dangerous we've seen in awhile. He has some Brian Westbrook in him, and you better believe former Eagles assistant John Harbaugh has thought that same thing.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                                In terms of hands, vision, elusiveness, strength, and balance, Ray Rice has no equals right now. He's an extreme weapon for that Baltimore, and should continue this great statistical year. He doesn't have quite the home run ability of Chris Johnson out of the backfield, but overall as a receiver, he may be the most dangerous we've seen in awhile. He has some Brian Westbrook in him, and you better believe former Eagles assistant John Harbaugh has thought that same thing.
                                The thing about this is, he had a grand total of 37 receptions at Rutgers. Weird huh?
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information