No announcement yet.

Brady Quinn starting...again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really high on Russell too, but I was skeptical as soon as the Raiders drafted him.

Comment

I never had a vision for JaMarcus in Oakland, but that's ok, because neither did he.

I thought Quinn was going to become a very solid QB in an Eli Manning/Aaron Rodgers way.

In other news... Quinn takes a flop.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
      - For daily NFL draft coverage:
      www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
        I was really high on Russell too, but I was skeptical as soon as the Raiders drafted him.

Pretty much. He needed a good, strong locker room to keep him disciplined and focused. He reminded me an awful lot of Ben Roethlisberger coming out and I can only imagine what Ben's career would have been like playing in Oakland rather than Pittsburgh.

Comment

Put me in that high on Jamarcus, low on BQ camp. 50% ain't bad though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

at least J Russ can throw it 9392 yards
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
              at least J Russ can throw it 9392 yards
              Quinn can throw it 15 if it gets tipped about 7 yards out.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                Quinn can throw it 15 if it gets tipped about 7 yards out.
                Tonight I saw Quinn throw 48 yards for a TD... the other way.

Comment

At least Russell is still in the NFL. I was on the Andre Woodson bandwagon for a while...no idea where he's at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                    At least Russell is still in the NFL. I was on the Andre Woodson bandwagon for a while...no idea where he's at right now.
                    Check the UFL rosters. Man those things are hilarious...

Comment

I was in the BQ as a better prospect than Russell... At least I seem right on that front. Unfortunately I also was in the BQ as a good prospect, look irredeemably wrong on that front. Didn't like Russell at all, he always felt like that prospect that people wanted to be good but really wasn't. I mean people constantly were saying he was mobile, despite the fact there was nothing supporting it.

I digress though, god they are both just so bad right now.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

At least the play-calling came around there, with two attempts down the field. Still, Quinn's intermediate-deep accuracy has been, and was there, bad. I'm a true believer it's Quinn's lack of confidence in the pocket and accuracy down the field that has the Browns' hands tied as far as play-calling goes. Credit them for trying different looks, but damn... this offense is bad.

Don't forget the WR concern. By concern I mean, these receivers haven't been able to get separation down the field at all dating back to the start of the year.

Comment

Brady Quinn's trade value is dropping by the snap. His deep accuracy now has to be a concern to potential suitors.

Comment

Brady Quinn's trade value is dropping by the snap. His deep accuracy now has to be a concern to potential suitors.
                            Brady Quinn is like a rare toy. He looks good when he's in the box not being used, but as soon as you take him out of the box he is useless and valueless.

Comment

Cribbs got tripped up there though.

And to be fair, it was his 1st game back vs a tough D...........Lets give him more than a game on this comeback to decide what is good or not. New offensive coordinator(A bad one at that, he worked with our stupid OC Schottenheimer) and WR who cannot get seperation and are still learning routes.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                                Brady Quinn is like a rare toy. He looks good when he's in the box not being used, but as soon as you take him out of the box he is useless and valueless.
                                This is why I thought he should have stayed in that box and expressed that earlier in this thread. This offense is more anemic with Quinn than the Bengals' a year ago with Ryan Fitzpatrick, who by the way, I'd probably rather have than Quinn at this point.

I hope it's just confidence and comfortability that has Quinn struggling. I was one of those who loved him coming out of college. He wasn't flawless, in fact there was some concern about his confidence in the pocket under pressure and his play facing the blitz. His deep accuracy was also a concern. Those problems have only manifested here in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information