No announcement yet.

Brady Quinn starting...again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't help that the playcalling just blows....i mean mangina ran screens out the ass

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
    Originally posted by TitanHope
    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I think it's time to stop with the excuses for brady quinn. He's not a good quarterback, and it wouldn't matter if he was qb of the AFC pro-bowl team, he'll find some way to through it behind the receiver or out of bounds.

Also sometimes when a linebacker comes at you, you have to try to make a play with your feet instead of panicking and throw a horrible quick pass.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
        It doesn't help that the playcalling just blows....i mean mangina ran screens out the ass
        Did you see Quinn's deep accuracy? Did you see his accuracy on intermediate routes? Or his accuracy over the middle? I've never seen a QB throw mostly screens and quick hooks and still complete only 42% of his passes. By that logic, with that conservative playcalling, why had Quinn still taken 14 sacks in 14 quarters? Quinn was garbage and the Browns offensive strategy was geared knowing that. It's not like this is even that good a pass defense and it's not like the Browns have that bad an offensive line.

Why do people continue to let Quinn off the hook? His career is certainly not over, but his career in Cleveland should be, because he's not improving, he's losing confidence, and this just isn't a situation in Cleveland that is going to turn itself around.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Its new offensive systems, its a big reason why guys like Jason Campbell and Alex Smith are failing. And why both need to get out of their team if they want any shot again. If there is no stability with the offensive coaches and scheming, how can a QB get down the playbook and be able to make effective reads when they keep changing every year or so?

Also doesnt help to have Mangini who gave Kellen Clemens this same exact baby treatment in 2007........

Comment

It's hard to believe that it was only a couple of years ago that the Browns looked like a team going forward.

Had a good receiving TE and WR. A great OT and good OG pairing and then it just fell to pieces, can't help but feel like it's an ownership on down thing either, this is a team that needs someone like Cowher or Dungy at the helm, a guy who will get 3 years without being questioned and double guessed by the rest of the team. Mangini is not the guy to give this team any hope.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Not sure if it's Quinn being terrible or the playcalling being terrible. To tell the truth i dont really want to find out.

Comment

Browns entire offense blows, we have no one around the QB at all thanks to Mangini trading away Winslow and Edwards.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  I think it's time to stop with the excuses for brady quinn. He's not a good quarterback, and it wouldn't matter if he was qb of the AFC pro-bowl team, he'll find some way to through it behind the receiver or out of bounds.

Also sometimes when a linebacker comes at you, you have to try to make a play with your feet instead of panicking and throw a horrible quick pass.
                  This. And like pudge said I think the play-calling is meant to play to Quinn's "strengths". Consecutive hail marys 5yds out of bounds tells it all.

Originally posted by borg9
                  Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Not sure if it's Quinn being terrible or the playcalling being terrible. To tell the truth i dont really want to find out.
                    C. All of the Above.

He has no weapons though, none at all but Mangini's play calling is horrific. Like all time bad.

Browns entire offense blows, we have no one around the QB at all thanks to Mangini trading away Winslow and Edwards.
                    Trading away genuine playmakers because you don't get along with them still reeks of stupidity to me, like how ego-centric do you need to be to sacrifice that kind of talent because you don't like a guy?

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                      Trading away genuine playmakers because you don't get along with them still reeks of stupidity to me, like how ego-centric do you need to be to sacrifice that kind of talent because you don't like a guy?
                      Yeah, it still pisses me off but we cant change it now. We got rid of the only two fun players on offense this franchise has seen in 10 years... Because they hate losing? WTF.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                        Mike Furrey baby! Dives on the ground after catching every pass to avoid getting hit. Can't believe he had 98 receptions and a 1000+ yards in the 06-07 season.

Comment

As Kevin Harlan put it:
                          'I can't believe how bad this Browns offense is.'
                          Brady Quinn probably doesn't have it to be a starter in the NFL. He also has no running game, no one to throw and a below average offensive line, despite having an extremely promising center and an All-Star caliber left tackle. The play-calling is also crap.

Comment

Sorry guys, 8 games is still nowhere near enough of a sample size to write off Quinn. Believe it or not, some guys develop, something clicks. At this point sending Brady out of town would be a huge waste of development time/money. He needs to see the field more. Maybe they can come to some conclusion by the end of the season but personally I wouldn't give up on him.

Comment

Quinn could really use K2... Freeman is really taking advantage of having a go to target at tight end, it's something the Browns don't have... anywhere.

Comment

I feel bad for Brian Quinn, he has nobody to throw to. If he had a better supporting cast he would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information