Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I thought Thomas Davis was a SAM no?

I think the winner of the AFC West makes the playoffs, the other team probably doesn't get the wildcard.

The Giants are in must win mode pretty much for the rest of the season. We can only lose 2 more games.

Who you want to talk about? Name names.
    who are your top 5 on offense and defense
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I thought Thomas Davis was a SAM no?
      He's probably listed as a SAM my bad, but in the game against the Saints the Panthers used him very much as a WILL backer, dropping him to shade the shallow routes away from our underneath receivers, and he had a lot of flat responsibilities to cover the screens, swings to Bush, Pierre Thomas... there was one play where he really showed off his athleticism down by the redzone he just knifed through a gap to tackle Pierre Thomas for a big time loss.

either way with his loss they lose a lot of versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
        who are your top 5 on offense and defense
        Thats tough.

To be honest, I haven't been keeping up with all the rookies that much this year. I'll give it a try, but I don't feel entirely confident in this list.

Offense

-Mike Wallace
        -Mark Sanchez
        -Percy Harvin
        -Michael Oher
        -tie between Hakeem Nicks and Jeremy Maclin

I haven't been overly impressed by any rookie RBs yet. It really is more of a WR class thing than anything else.

Defense

-Rey Maluaga
        -Brian Orakpo
        -Sean Smith
        -Aaron Curry
        -Tyson Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
          He's probably listed as a SAM my bad, but in the game against the Saints the Panthers used him very much as a WILL backer, dropping him to shade the shallow routes away from our underneath receivers, and he had a lot of flat responsibilities to cover the screens, swings to Bush, Pierre Thomas... there was one play where he really showed off his athleticism down by the redzone he just knifed through a gap to tackle Pierre Thomas for a big time loss.

either way with his loss they lose a lot of versatility.
          yeah Im a big Thomas Davis fan, just wasn't sure what he was classified under.

his loss is a big blow.

Comment

Defense

-Rey Maluaga
            -Brian Orakpo
            -Sean Smith
            -Aaron Curry
            -Tyson Jackson
            Rey has been a good starter for us, though he isn't yet the force he has been projected to be in the long run. The Texans' Brian Cushing has probably been better than any thus far.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Thats tough.

To be honest, I haven't been keeping up with all the rookies that much this year. I'll give it a try, but I don't feel entirely confident in this list.

Offense

-Mike Wallace
              -Mark Sanchez
              -Percy Harvin
              -Michael Oher

I haven't been overly impressed by any rookie RBs yet. It really is more of a WR class thing than anything else.

Defense

-Rey Maluaga
              -Brian Orakpo
              -Sean Smith
              -Aaron Curry
              -Tyson Jackson

Dude, where is Brian Cushing and Jarius Byrd?

Comment

You missed Byrd and Cushing BBD. They have been monsters this year and are the 2 frontrunners for DROY.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah I totally forgot about those 2. They definitely deserve to be on the list.

Comment

Crap, I knew I forgot some stuff. I wanted to talk about Jay Ratliff and Vincent Jackson.

Oh well, I'll save them for next time.

Comment

Crap, I knew I forgot some stuff. I wanted to talk about Jay Ratliff and Vincent Jackson.

Jackson has been excellent. He's improved every year and the Chargers have done a great job developing him into a #1 WR. Rivers to Jackson is going to be around for a long time. He knows how to use his body to his advantage and he looks like a very good route runner.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Offense

-Mike Wallace
                        -Mark Sanchez
                        -Percy Harvin
                        -Michael Oher
                        Mike Wallace has been awesome indeed. I really like how he has come in and stepped up big for the Steelers. He is so ridiculously fast it isn't even fair. As he gets more and more involved with the offense, he will be able to truly shine.

I would give the OROY to Harvin as of right now though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I have been meaning to bring this up somewhere as well. Every time I have watched the Cowboys, Ratliff has far and away been the most impressive player on that defense. From what I understand, he has been playing out of position at NT, but if I were the Cowboys, Id never move him, cause hes a force to be reckoned with. I have seen about 5 Cowboys games this year, and Ratliff has been lights out in all of them.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Vincent Jackson is the new Plaxico Burress. The guy is a monster. He runs great routes, hes huge, he's strong, he's an incredible deep threat.

You just have to throw it up there. Their entire pass game is literally jump ball. Its almost impossible to defend. Whoever has single coverage, Rivers just has to throw it up to them.

Its a deadly passing attack.

Jay Ratliff is the new Darnell Dockett. In fact, he's identical to Dockett. They're the same player. I felt Dockett was the most underrated DT in the game last year, Ratliff is the most underrated DT in the game this year.

He's identical to Dockett. He'd be even better at DE in the 3-4, just like Dockett.

Comment

I didn't get any thoughts on this before, anyone want to take it?

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

On that note, I want to hear from someone more medically educated than I am, but from what I know from basketball, Microfracture is always a serious surgery for a guy that relies on his athletic ability like Reggie does, but the usual deal is, it's 1 year of rehab and recovery, and then they can start playing, but you don't expect the knee to be back to 100% until around 2 years after the surgery.

I've never seen a player play until at LEAST the 1 year mark. Reggie had his surgery in mid-december of 2008, and he was back in june of 2009, that's not even 7 months. Is this a good sign that he recovered faster than expected, or did he come back too soon?

Granted he still is explosive, but he doesn't look quite as quick as he did last season before he got injured, when he was leading the league in touchdowns....

I guess we'll see what happens, but the Saints still seem to be being very cautious about it, because he gets taken from the game completely once we are ahead, and even when he starts out running well, they still don't feed him the ball when he looks to be flowing.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                                I didn't get any thoughts on this before, anyone want to take it?
                                i can't really speak on it as an expert, but players almost never come back from microfracture surgery with the same explosion.

from what i've seen. i could be wrong.

Kenny Phillips had the same surgery to correct a potentially career ending injury. So I'm also concerned about its long term effects.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information