No announcement yet.

MidSeason Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was kinda worried, then Reggie dove to the endzone from like 25 feet out, but I can't help but worry about him coming back that soon. I know Greg Oden, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Webber, and Jason Kidd all came back at just about the 1 year mark.
    Originally posted by SNIPER26
    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

BBD, no mention of Raymell baby? :(

and Bengals need to give Leonard more touches. they did last week, he's a damn good runner.
      Fun fact: he outscored Jonathan Stewart in fantasy football this past week.
      RUTGERS WIN!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        I was kinda worried, then Reggie dove to the endzone from like 25 feet out, but I can't help but worry about him coming back that soon. I know Greg Oden, Amare Stoudemire, Chris Webber, and Jason Kidd all came back at just about the 1 year mark.
        None were ever the same after that surgery too. Even Amare. Amare was an absolute monster before his surgery. I thought he'd be the next best thing at PF.

But that surgery killed his explosion. He's not the same anymore.

Bush is still explosive. But not as much as he used to be. In a way its good for him, now he has to use some vision instead of trying to burn the edge every time.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

and Bengals need to give Leonard more touches. they did last week, he's a damn good runner.
          RUTGERS WIN!
          just typing his name out would give me premature ejaculation. so i tried refraining.

i don't know how you do it Scotty. unless youre ok with it happening.

Comment

Vincent Jackson is like Plaxico Burress, minus the attitude problems and the poor catch %.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              just typing his name out would give me premature ejaculation. so i tried refraining.

i don't know how you do it Scotty. unless youre ok with it happening.
              every time I post makes me change my pants.
              I do laundry daily. I steal my roomie's quarters, it gets bad.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Vincent Jackson is like Plaxico Burress, minus the attitude problems and the poor catch %.
                and the bullet in his leg
                We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Nice write up. I'm going to comment on what you said about bye weeks in the playoffs. I agree. And you should know all about this. See 2001(?) NFC Championship game. Vikings vs Giants. Giants won 41-0. I would be just fine with Vikings having the 3rd seed in the NFC this year. I have a feeling they will crumple late. If they get the bye, they will crumple in the divisional round.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

People keep saying that about Amare, but I disagree, his best and most efficient season (at the basket and overall) was post surgery.

Right now he looks less explosive, but before the eye injury, he was scorching, but after that he had to lay flat on his stomach for like months to drain his eye... He hasn't been able to regain his explosion, but he did return to form post-surgery.

Like I said though, Reggie seems close enough now, that I'm comfortable that he'll be much better at this same point next season. I'm still worried about long term impact it could have IF he rushed back.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Having that said, theyre not the only team in the NFL with a roadgrading oline and 2 great backs. I mean, to me, Carolina SCREAMS wildcat, and they don't use it that much.

I think plenty of teams can use it, they just have to be more committed to practicing it. You can't just practice it a couple of times in practice a week and expect to do it well. It has to be preached and practiced just like anything else.

Im a believer in the wildcat. I think its only going to get better.
                      I wonder what would happen if the Raiders decided to forget about Jamarcus Russell and go with a Wildhog with Darren McFadden, Justin Fargas and Michael Bush.

If the Bills had a better line they would be ideal for the Wildcat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

RUTGERS WIN!
                        All you need to know is Rice is a freaking beast, he goes 100% and doesnt stop moving on the inside runs, he is possibly the most elusive player in the open field he can catch out of the backfield. The reason he had a bad game against Bengals was because they dominated the LOS so he had no where to run, and Hall/Joseph were able to shut down our WR 1 on 1 so they were planning for his screens out of the backfield. He is a beast

Comment

I was gonna make a thoughts thread, but decided it was a waste because I only had one.

Brett Kern is the goddam MVP.

His record with the Broncos? 6-0.
                          His record with the Titans? 2-0.

Broncos record since he left? 0-2.
                          Titans record before he arrived? 0-6.

...the ****?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            People keep saying that about Amare, but I disagree, his best and most efficient season (at the basket and overall) was post surgery.

Right now he looks less explosive, but before the eye injury, he was scorching, but after that he had to lay flat on his stomach for like months to drain his eye... He hasn't been able to regain his explosion, but he did return to form post-surgery.

Like I said though, Reggie seems close enough now, that I'm comfortable that he'll be much better at this same point next season. I'm still worried about long term impact it could have IF he rushed back.
                            I think the year thing works. Explosion might not FULLY return, but in the case of Bush and Amare, they have explosion to spare. How's Oden looking this season btw? He's a year removed now. Last year he just looked sluggish out there and since he was used to being so quick I think that accounts for most of his foul problems from last season.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Vincent Jackson is the new Plaxico Burress. The guy is a monster. He runs great routes, hes huge, he's strong, he's an incredible deep threat.

You just have to throw it up there. Their entire pass game is literally jump ball. Its almost impossible to defend. Whoever has single coverage, Rivers just has to throw it up to them.

Its a deadly passing attack.

Jay Ratliff is the new Darnell Dockett. In fact, he's identical to Dockett. They're the same player. I felt Dockett was the most underrated DT in the game last year, Ratliff is the most underrated DT in the game this year.

He's identical to Dockett. He'd be even better at DE in the 3-4, just like Dockett.
                              Never made the connection to Dockett... Always admired Dockett from afar... Nice to know I got someone like him in my back pocket. ;)

APS, Dallas lately has started to move Ratliff all along the DL. It's been working like a charm.

Comment

This sums up the Raiders.

To steal from Bill Simmons, ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 Oakland Raiders!

Just imagine what Ratliff would do with a real NT next to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information