MidSeason Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
    I was gonna make a thoughts thread, but decided it was a waste because I only had one.

Brett Kern is the goddam MVP.

His record with the Broncos? 6-0.
    His record with the Titans? 2-0.

Broncos record since he left? 0-2.
    Titans record before he arrived? 0-6.

...the ****?
    This is the most important fact that no one knows about. I was thinking about how much I missed Kern last night. Berger is aweful now :(

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I agree about Benson. I am somewhat biased, though, in that I think he's just doomed to be a flash in the plan regardless of how many carries he gets. He's gonna tank any second now. The guy was flat out garbage every single season until this one.

Also, I'm not sure I'd say Dockett and Ratliff are the same players.

Ratliff is one of a kind IMO. The guy is probably under 290 but he's a phenomenal nose tackle because he's so incredibly strong and fierce. The insane thing about him is he is legitimately athletic enough to play 3-4 linebacker. I've never seen a nose tackle who is in pursuit past the second level so often.

Ratliff is just incredible. He's definitely a top 10 defender in the league IMO.
      Last edited by Supporting Caste; 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        All you need to know is Rice is a freaking beast, he goes 100% and doesnt stop moving on the inside runs, he is possibly the most elusive player in the open field he can catch out of the backfield. The reason he had a bad game against Bengals was because they dominated the LOS so he had no where to run, and Hall/Joseph were able to shut down our WR 1 on 1 so they were planning for his screens out of the backfield. He is a beast
        you're telling ME this? child please :)
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
          I agree about Benson. I am somewhat biased, though, in that I think he's just doomed to be a flash in the plan regardless of how many carries he gets. He's gonna tank any second now. The guy was flat out garbage every single season until this one.
          That's not a good way to look at it I don't think. He was terrible in Chicago sure, but so was every player on Chicago's offense. He was excellent at Texas, there was a reason he was drafted in the top 5.

He's always had the talent, it just never came out. Some guys develop slow. I wouldn't expect any slowdown from him.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post

Also, I'm not sure I'd say Dockett and Ratliff are the same players.

Ratliff is one of a kind IMO. The guy is probably under 290 but he's a phenomenal nose tackle because he's so incredibly strong and fierce. The insane thing about him is he is legitimately athletic enough to play 3-4 linebacker. I've never seen a nose tackle who is in pursuit past the second level so often.

Ratliff is just incredible. He's definitely a top 10 defender in the league IMO.
            Dockett has played some NT for the Cardinals as well.

I think theyre pretty much the same player. Dockett might be a little stronger, Ratliff a little quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
              That's not a good way to look at it I don't think. He was terrible in Chicago sure, but so was every player on Chicago's offense. He was excellent at Texas, there was a reason he was drafted in the top 5.

He's always had the talent, it just never came out. Some guys develop slow. I wouldn't expect any slowdown from him.
              Benson always had the talent. Immaturity and injuries are the reasons why he failed.

But once he had it all taken away from him, the light came on. For his sake, let's hope it stays on. He has all the talent in the world, he just needs to keep his head on straight.

Comment

Nobody wants to talk about Trent Cole huh?

I guess I'm the only one who feels he's that good?

Comment

I think Benson was finally put in the right situation for him... I remember hearing stories back when he first came into Chicago after his hold out he was perceived as a Prima-donna rookie, and his teammates didn't like him or support him at all. (even heard some Defensive players might have purposely been extra physical with him in practice to try and rough him up)

I think Marvin Lewis and that team have embraced him since coming to Cincinnati and truly gave him that 2nd chance. Now how will this increased work load effect him down the line? We'll just have to see... but he's their workhorse and opens up the Play-Action game for Carson Palmer so I don't see them letting up on his carries anytime soon.

Comment

He is really good, it just is hard to get noticed in a league full of short and stocky pass rushing machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      I think Benson was finally put in the right situation for him... I remember hearing stories back when he first came into Chicago after his hold out he was perceived as a Prima-donna rookie, and his teammates didn't like him or support him at all. (even heard some Defensive players might have purposely been extra physical with him in practice to try and rough him up)

I think Marvin Lewis and that team have embraced him since coming to Cincinnati and truly gave him that 2nd chance. Now how will this increased work load effect him down the line? We'll just have to see... but he's their workhorse and opens up the Play-Action game for Carson Palmer so I don't see them letting up on his carries anytime soon.
                      I don't either. And I think its going to be a terrible mistake.

Although a Cincy fan posted in here and pointed out that they can give him a rest after the Steelers game. They play some soft opponents.

But the way their offense is built, they're built around Benson right now. So I don't know how much you can really let up off his shoulders without seeing a dropoff in offensive (and defensive) production

Comment

Cedric Benson can handle the workload... for one season. If they don't add another capable back to lighten the load in the future then I would worry.

Comment

He already has a ton of tread on his tires from his days at Texas alone. I'd worry about him shutting down within the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Just imagine what Ratliff would do with a real NT next to him.
                            Oh gosh... If he were next to Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Kris Jenkins, Shaun Rogers or Haloti Ngata he would be ... be... be umm.... don't even know the word. Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious x 100 million google??? Yeah, maybe that. LOL.
                            :D

Comment

But the way their offense is built, they're built around Benson right now. So I don't know how much you can really let up off his shoulders without seeing a dropoff in offensive (and defensive) production
                              Their offense is still built around Carson Palmer, whether we're running the football or throwing the football. Palmer wants this to be a running team for obvious reasons, but he's our backbone and go-to guy. Benson has paced this offense this year, but Palmer's the beating heart of that unit and the entire Bengals team.

Bernard Scott is healthy once again, as I said, and is expected to have his load increased to about 5-10 touches a game. Brian Leonard also should be expected to see a small rise in looks to about 6-8 per game. Benson's already a two down back because of the emergence of Brian Leonard as a 3rd Down back and you can expect that Bernard Scott is about to take an occasional series away from him. If you're looking for a little surprise rookie in the second half of year, look no further.

Expect the team to try to put the ball in Benson's hands right around 25 times next week. They still want to pace the game with a running attack with Benson, but they will be aiming to show Pittsburgh something they haven't seen so much of. That being said, Bernard Scott should get a few touches at RB in this game, and Brian Leonard should be expected to continue to be a focus on 3rd Down.

I know what you're saying with Benson and I think the Bengals agree. Don't automatically assume that's how it'll be all year, wait and see what happens in coming weeks against Pittsburgh, Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Nobody wants to talk about Trent Cole huh?

I guess I'm the only one who feels he's that good?
                                Trent Cole is a beast. Very underrated. Top tier DE for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information