Best Veteran of them all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Veteran of them all

Had to be Roger Staubach. Great leader (obviously), excellant runner, strong arm. Didnt join the Cowboys till he was about 27 but had an illustrious HOF career. What kind of $$$ would this guy make today?

I love me some Roger. I consider him a top 5 QB of all-time, and he'd be in the discussion for GOAT if his career would not have gotten started so late.

Comment

Knowing all we do about him now, he would make a lot but if the circumstances were the same now as they were when he joined the Cowboys then who knows.

Comment

He wouldn't make anything because he is old
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Marino, John Elway.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Dan Fouts would be my favorite player of all-time if the "t" and "s" switched places in his name.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Dan Fouts would be my favorite player of all-time if the "t" and "s" switched places in his name.
              I see what you did there!

...and I'm probably the only one. :D
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Clay Matthews, a non-QB who played for the Oilers/Titans for like 22 yrs.

Favre is the worst veteran for his teasing about retirement every yr. He is playing like gangbusters this season but sucked in major ways with the Jets at the end of last season, he cost them 3-4 games singlehandedly with his too-slow passes & INTs.

Comment

edit** nvm my post. k thanks.
                  Last edited by DiG; 11-12-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Perhaps I'm the one that is mistaken, but given this thread was started on Veterans Day and the OP talked about Roger Staubach who served out his commitment to the Navy before joining the Cowboys, I suspect this thread was intended to discuss who the best player was in the NFL who also served in the military.

I might be forgetting someone, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone could argue against Roger Staubach being the best military veteran to ever play in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally03 View Post
                      Perhaps I'm the one that is mistaken, but given this thread was started on Veterans Day and the OP talked about Roger Staubach who served out his commitment to the Navy before joining the Cowboys, I suspect this thread was intended to discuss who the best player was in the NFL who also served in the military.

I might be forgetting someone, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone could argue against Roger Staubach being the best military veteran to ever play in the NFL.
                      Lol not sure how people didn't get this.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Bob Kalsu and Pat Tillman. Both sacrificed their lives in combat.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information