Peter King mid-season all pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
    Said it before and will say it again...Oher should have been the first tackle taken in the draft last year. I know I'm not the only one on here who believed that, he truly was over analyzed.
    +1

I don't know why people underrate the guys from Ole Miss.

Then again, Snead got overrated for a while. This includes by me.

Why can't D'Brickashaw Ferguson be considered a top tackle? The guy has to have a garbage publicist. It's crazy how underrated he is, even by the fans of the team he plays for. Clady is not far ahead of anyone, if he's ahead at all.

Franklin? What about Seymour or Haynesworth?

Brett Favre is coming back from...? Offseason surgery? Does this make pretty much half the league eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
      Why can't D'Brickashaw Ferguson be considered a top tackle? The guy has to have a garbage publicist. It's crazy how underrated he is, even by the fans of the team he plays for.
      He's as good a pass blocker as anybody in the league but he cannot run block for ****.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
        He's as good a pass blocker as anybody in the league but he cannot run block for ****.
        That's what I'm talking about...it's like he can't get away from his '05/'06 scouting reports.

This is a guy who was considered elite enough to go top 5 in '05 as a junior if he came out, and who hit the truly elite LT level as a senior.

Now he can't shake the run blocking thing...The Jets run the ball...Ferguson is our best downfield blocking OL by a good margin.

Comment

This was the most recent bit of news I read about Ferguson:

The Jets were the NFL's least effective team running off left tackle in 2008.
          While Jets LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson isn't exactly built to be a road grater, he clearly has lots of room for improvement in the run game. D'Brick is effective in pass pro, but hasn't lived up to his fourth overall pick billing from 2006.
          Source: Santa Rosa Press Democrat

I haven't seen if he's improved or not this year, but I'm guessing that aspect is why he isn't considered elite yet.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If only we had a passing game... These two would be on there:

| Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
              That's what I'm talking about...it's like he can't get away from his '05/'06 scouting reports.
              Probably because he's still not good at run blocking, he's gotten better but still the worst run blocker on the Jets line.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                To be fair, your left testicle has been in football for 34 years as a coach and analyst.
                Any time I see a Peter King quote or thread on here, I think of how they make fun of his article on that one site, which I dont believe I can link to.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  We're pretty much set at tackle. The only olineman I could see us picking up would be center with Nick's injury and Mooch's performance so far.
                  No way dude, Clary is still a scrub. Just because he's had a decent set of games pass blocking does not negate the fact that he is a zero in the running game, and still leaves a lot to be desired blocking speed rushers. He's alright for now, but with a 92 million dollar quarterback OT is not the position we should be skimping on.

Gotta give McNeill, Dielman, and Hardwick a chance to get back to their pro bowl form, Vasquez is a rook, and the O-line desperately needs to be addressed; Clary is the odd man out.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    No way dude, Clary is still a scrub. Just because he's had a decent set of games pass blocking does not negate the fact that he is a zero in the running game, and still leaves a lot to be desired blocking speed rushers. He's alright for now, but with a 92 million dollar quarterback OT is not the position we should be skimping on.

Gotta give McNeill, Dielman, and Hardwick a chance to get back to their pro bowl form, Vasquez is a rook, and the O-line desperately needs to be addressed; Clary is the odd man out.
                    I think your hatred is showing through and causing you to ignore a pretty good olineman for our team. A guy who has been more consistent than Dielman this year. And he's done a pretty good job of handling the Ravens', the Dolphins', Steelers', Chief's, and the Giants' pass rush. Even the games he supposedly struggled in, he did a good job of handling the pass rush like in the Denver's and Raider's game until late in the game. If you read pacstud's analysis, you would see that tackle would be a luxury pick.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=122650323586

The fact that we've also done a better job of running on the right side this year according to footballsoutsider is also interesting don't you think? The main problem in the run game is not only the olinemen, but also that we don't have good run blocking TEs and WRs. Vincent Jackson used to be very
                    consistent at blocking, and now he's not. Gates is pretty below average in that regard as well.

Likewise, I see us getting another center because of Nick's injuries, and because most of the pass protection breakdown is up the middle. Clary has certainly done a much better job this year and is a nice bookend to McNeill.

I certainly don't see where all the hate is coming from with Charger fans. He was better than McNeill in 2007, and had a down year last year due to an injury and being next to Goff. Not to mention that he was left on an island by himself most of the time, while the TE helped out McNeill. Now that Clary is healthy and has a more competent guard next to him, he's doing much better. Heck, he did well in the Ravens game even with a guy who never played guard before.
                    Last edited by Xenos; 11-14-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      I think your hatred is showing through and causing you to ignore a pretty good olineman for our team. A guy who has been more consistent than Dielman this year. And he's done a pretty good job of handling the Ravens', the Dolphins', Steelers', Chief's, and the Giants' pass rush. Even the games he supposedly struggled in, he did a good job of handling the pass rush like in the Denver's and Raider's game until late in the game. If you read pacstud's analysis, you would see that tackle would be a luxury pick.
                      Believe it or not, I don't have an agenda, so this stuff about my hate showing through is a little melodramatic. I just want what's best for the bolts. Clary looks good sometimes but has consistently screwed up in the clutch, giving up key sacks and whatnot. Rivers needs to be protected, the running game needs an upgrade. Rivers is basically our entire team, so I don't really agree that upgrading his protection would be a luxury pick.

Any stat about running better to the right side this year has got to be a joke...what is it, 1.3 YPC vs. 1.4 on the right? :/ There's no push at all this year. A mauling RT could be a step on our way to having a complete offense.

Clary also only played in like the final 6 or 7 games of 07, where he did well until not even trying against the Colts. He was a turd in 08. He's been decent in 09 until late in games when he tends to screw up big time. Why so attached?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        Believe it or not, I don't have an agenda, so this stuff about my hate showing through is a little melodramatic. I just want what's best for the bolts. Clary looks good sometimes but has consistently screwed up in the clutch, giving up key sacks and whatnot. Rivers needs to be protected, the running game needs an upgrade. Rivers is basically our entire team, so I don't really agree that upgrading his protection would be a luxury pick.

Any stat about running better to the right side this year has got to be a joke...what is it, 1.3 YPC vs. 1.4 on the right? :/ There's no push at all this year. A mauling RT could be a step on our way to having a complete offense.

Clary also only played in like the final 6 or 7 games of 07, where he did well until not even trying against the Colts. He was a turd in 08. He's been decent in 09 until late in games when he tends to screw up big time. Why so attached?
                        I don't remember him doing bad in the Colts playoff game at all. And he had a bad year in 2008, but half of his sacks were because of failed assignments by Goff and McNeill. And like I mentioned, he was injured last year, had Goff next to him, and was left on an island by himself unlike McNeill.

And the only games this season where Clary had problems late was the aforementioned Denver and Raiders game. Like I said before, he did a great job matching up in pass protection against Terrell Suggs, Jason Allen, Lamar Woodley, Justin Tuck, Mike Vrabel, and Tamba Halli.

And I'm no more attached to him than you are to Oher. If you watched the game carefully between the two in our matchup with the Ravens, you can see that Clary is the better pass blocker while Oher is the better run blocker. And since we're more of a passing team nowadays, I suppose it's better to have someone like him over Oher.

And I seriously think the issue isn't with Clary alone when it comes to the run blocking. The other skill players as well as olinemen have their share as well. Vasquez, for example, is still learning to run block compared to being in a pass first system at Texas Tech. I already mentioned the issues with our receivers and tight end with regards to run blocking.

Comment

If Byrd isn't defensive rookie I don't know what I'd do but he should be even if he doesn't get another pick.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                            Probably because he's still not good at run blocking, he's gotten better but still the worst run blocker on the Jets line.
                            That's not really saying much considering we're a top 5 rushing team. He's also the best at getting to the next level in the running game, even over Mangold.

Comment

Originally posted by redbills View Post
                              If Byrd isn't defensive rookie I don't know what I'd do but he should be even if he doesn't get another pick.
                              One thing I fear about tomorrow is a Byrderception. :(
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                TBH I think it's deserving for Oher. Maybe it's not fair for the other vets since he has such a small window of film on him but I think far and away Oher is the best O-lineman on the Ravens and that's saying a whole lot considering they have also dominant Jared Gaither and Ben Grubbs. I really can't recall watching Oher on a play in which he struggled. I truly think he can be at a damn high level on either side of the line and right now he is playing like he should have been a top 5 pick. He's really the only Ravens O-lineman who doesn't collapse under pressure. Even Gaither struggles at times when he has to pick up blitzes. Oher just gets it. It's a shame though because no matter what he does in his career people will always say it's because of his story, and even if he becomes a pro bowler soon in his career all people still will ever talk about is his story.
                                I said time and time again Oher would be the best OT from this class. That was way before the draft, and before the Ravens snagged him. The guy suffered badly, very badly, from overanalysis...hes a stud, and he Im glad to see he is being acknowledged as such.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information