Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter King mid-season all pro

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//20...eam/index.html

I am shocked to see Oher on that list, but I agree with all his awards, except I would consider putting Benson over Favre for comeback player.

Kemo has been playing suprisingly well

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

I guarantee if Vincent Jackson doesn't make that game winning catch he's not even top 5 on Peter King's list of wideouts. The guy is supremely bandwagon.

Comment

It's a decent list. As a Bengals fan, I'm of course disappointed not to see any of our players on there. It's understandable.

Should have received consideration:
        - RB Cedric Benson (exempt for the obvious reason - Chris Johnson)
        - LT Andrew Whitworth (doing big things in the pass game AND the run game)
        - CB Johnathan Joseph/CB Leon Hall

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com//20...eam/index.html

I am shocked to see Oher on that list, but I agree with all his awards, except I would consider putting Benson over Favre for comeback player.
          I think he did a good job with his list.

Comment

Not a bad list, I'd like to see one made for the disappointments of this season.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Really surprised Kemo got a mention. He has been awesome in the run game, really mauling people.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Completely agree with the questions on Oher & Favre. But like CCSD mentioned - the only thing King likes more than a bandwagon is a "feel good story" bandwagon. Oher & Favre are definitely that.

Were it not for the media's insane desire to constantly fellate Favre, King may have selected Benson for comeback player.

Then again, comeback player is usually reserved for injury of illness rather than pulling one's head out of one's ass.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

It isn't like Oher hasn't played some exceptional football, not only at RT, but then switching over to LT and playing great. Obviously you have to leave off some great names that you put him above, but he's played very well all year long.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    It isn't like Oher hasn't played some exceptional football, not only at RT, but then switching over to LT and playing great. Obviously you have to leave off some great names that you put him above, but he's played very well all year long.
                    Yeah I agree, how many rookies can play RT after four years of playing LT then switch back to LT after three weeks in the NFL and still do a solid job against guys like Jared Allen, Antwan Odom, Ty Warren and Elvis Dumervil. In a year or two, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither will be the best tackle tandem in the league, by far.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      Yeah I agree, how many rookies can play RT after four years of playing LT then switch back to LT after three weeks in the NFL and still do a solid job against guys like Jared Allen, Antwan Odom, Ty Warren and Elvis Dumervil. In a year or two, Michael Oher and Jared Gaither will be the best tackle tandem in the league, by far.
                      Nuh uh, the bolts are drafting Trent Williams to play RT across from McNeill so there.

Seriously though I love Oher and came pretty close to throwing the remote when he was passed in favor of Larry English. Who I also love, but let's be real.

Oher should be OROY

Comment

Good to see David Harris getting some recognition

Comment

Good for Oher, as others have said it probably has to do with his story. Good thing he made this before Blind Side comes out or else he would have him as MVP, can't wait for that ******* movie. P-Willie got a shout too, awesome.

I'm glad to see Meriweather on there, he has really come into his own. He has always been a big hitter but he has looked very good in coverage and hasn't been as reckless when it comes to missing tackles.

Comment

It's not that I think Oher is not good enough. He certainly has been impressive. Without going too far into the stat sheets I'd say an RT candidate from some of the teams producing better rushing & passing stats this year might be better choices. Throw an old guy a bone in New Orleans and give Stinchcomb that spot - holding down the RT spot for the league's 4th best passing game & #1 overall rushing team has to be worth more than one spot on that oline list.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I don't mind Harris being there but it's a kop out taking 2 ILBs in what he has picked, a 4-3 defense. I love that Brandon Meriweather is there. Doesn't put up major INT stats but he's been awesome this year

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information