Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by njx9
    *shrug*

i maintain that there's a vastly different defensive approach to a mid-game extra point, than to a game winning field goal, no matter where that field goal happens to occur.

i have no interest in discussing intangible crap like psyche, but i'm sure someone who does could add that to the differences pile.
    Fair point, hadn't really considered your statement from that point of view.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that game-winning field goals within 25 yards have a similar percentage of success as extra points.
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

The mindset for an extra point is that it's automatic, the mindset for a field goal is that it's makeable. Two different mindsets, thus two very different situations.

Comment

I would've scored...I know MJD only did what he was told but I would take any risk out of scoring with a FG by just having the TD

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
          Originally posted by TitanHope
          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            I'm pretty sure that game-winning field goals within 25 yards have a similar percentage of success as extra points.
            Originally posted by njx9
            [ citation needed ]
            It's so irrelevant and I'm shocked it's even being defended.

In its simplest form, here's the numerical breakdown:

MJD doesn't take a knee and continues his unabated course into the endzone = 100% chance of taking the lead in the game.

MJD takes a knee = NOT 100% chance of taking the lead in the game.

Score the ******* TD.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
              It's so irrelevant and I'm shocked it's even being defended.

In its simplest form, here's the numerical breakdown:

MJD doesn't take a knee and continues his unabated course into the endzone = 100% chance of taking the lead in the game.

MJD takes a knee = NOT 100% chance of taking the lead in the game.

Score the ******* TD.
              You are so wrong on this. This situation really is a no brainer. 100% of taking the lead in the game, does not mean winning the game. 98% of winning the game is 98% of winning the game. A FG of that distance is the easiest play in all of sports.

Do you think the Jets had greater than or less than a 2% chance of running a successful 2 minutes drill and scoring a TD?
              Last edited by Jughead10; 11-17-2009, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                Yes it is.

There have been over 500 touchdowns this season and 8 missed extra points. That's a pretty solid percentage of success.

You have a lot better chance to make an extra point-like FG than stop a touchdown drive.
                I don't know where you got your stats from, so maybe you already took this into account, but if the ball is not actually kicked, then failed PAT are counted as failed 2 point conversions. We had that situation this weekend against Pittsburgh.

Our place holder (Kevin Huber) took the snap, and the ball slipped as he went to place it for Graham. Graham hesitated so Huber picked the ball up. The official call on that is "failed 2 point conversation" not "failed PAT".

Comment

I don't see why its such a big deal, really. He took a knee, so what? Isn't that what the coach told him to do? Sure, I lost my fantasy game because of him, but does that really outweigh why he should have just gone into the endzone? Anything can happen in a 1:30. See: Denver vs. Bengals week 1.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information