No announcement yet.

4th and 2: Belichick's Call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is getting a little repetitive.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• i cant but repeat the argument. its not that hard to get. i talked to aq today and it took like 5 minutes until she got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        she must be slipping. 5 minutes is much longer than i would've expected.
        well it took me some time to put my arguments into words and counter hers, since i wasnt raised english its not always easy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          I think it was right the call. The Pat's offense is by far the superior unit compared to their defense. The percentage of picking up the 4th and 2 is probably higher than the defense stopping Manning from going 70 yards in 2 minutes with 2 timeouts. He might have had all 3, I forget.

In my opinion, if they punt, there is no doubt in my mind Peyton drives the field and scores leaving the Pats with no time. I also think Bill thought if they didn't pick up the 4th down, Peyton would have scored quickly enough to leave them another chance with the ball. That didn't happen though.
          Exactly and what if the Colts blocked the punt of the punter shanked the kick? This reminds of coaches who a small lead and the ball late in the game and just run the ball to eat up time but do not go for the first down and punt. Then the other team comes down and scores. You have to play to win not to try to not lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            yup, defenses can't actually win games. they just lose them. just ask ray lewis and the 2001 ravens.

i love when people add thoughts that've already been refuted several times.
            But they weren't the 2001 Ravens and nor did they have the same caliber defense; they had already given up 28 points, including 14 in the 4th. I understand you are exaggerating, but you have to play to your strengths and momentum and go for it because your offense does in fact resemble the record setting 2007 Patriots.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information