Dwayne Bowe suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
    I could EASILY see that. Todd Haley wanted the team to lose weight across the board. It was still stupid, but I never thought he would take steroids.

If it's true, I wonder if he appeals like some others have recently.
    "From what I gather," Schefter tweets, "Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was trying to lose weight in training camp and took a diuretic. Bowe found out about his suspension earlier this month and has decided not to appeal it. He knows those are battles players don't win."

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      "From what I gather," Schefter tweets, "Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe was trying to lose weight in training camp and took a diuretic. Bowe found out about his suspension earlier this month and has decided not to appeal it. He knows those are battles players don't win."

Kevin and Pat Williams are winning right now. Maybe he really did it and knows he doesn't have a case?

Comment

dammit i have him in my fantasy team

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
        - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
        - Corner or Wideout in the first
        - No reaching
        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          If your not cheating, your not trying.
          Ah the Patriot way. The Chiefs are screwed now they're not making the playoffs... Oh wait....

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Sucks for Dwayne.
            Originally posted by njx9
            i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
              Ah the Patriot way. The Chiefs are screwed now they're not making the playoffs... Oh wait....
              WOAH THERE GUY! Are you insinuating the Chiefs aren't making the playoffs anyway?! You are quite cunning and witty. Well done.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I feel Bad for Cassell.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

And somehow Matt Jones cant get a gig for using recreational drugs. Where's Tony Dungy when we need him?

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    WOAH THERE GUY! Are you insinuating the Chiefs aren't making the playoffs anyway?! You are quite cunning and witty. Well done.
                    oh ho! A touch, a touch.

Comment

sweet..for the steelers

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Damnit. I hate you Bowe.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

someone convince me that diuretics should be illegal???? he forced himself to piss. i know this isnt the first time. i believe deuce mccallister and will smith were suspended for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            someone convince me that diuretics should be illegal???? he forced himself to piss. i know this isnt the first time. i believe deuce mccallister and will smith were suspended for the same thing.
                            Diuretics are a masking agent, used to flush your system when you don't want the water soluble steroids to show up in a drug test, or street drugs.

I doubt Bowe was under any severe weight restrictions with the Chiefs that required him to lose major poundage.

Testing positive for diuretics usually means you were doing something else much more serious that you didn't get caught for.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Kevin and Pat Williams are winning right now. Maybe he really did it and knows he doesn't have a case?
                              Their the exceptions, alot of other players in that same boat lost out. Also you have to keep in mind if you go the appeal route and prolonge it, the suspension could take place next season and he'd miss the first 4 games of the season, which I really think he'd rather take those games now.

Also Haley was strict on him losing weight so it's really not all that surprising. I never felt he was that big before hand anyway so I don't know why it was a big deal to lose all this weight. If he was at 220, I can see trying to lose 5 lbs or so, but I can't really imagine him much bigger then that.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                                Diuretics are a masking agent, used to flush your system when you don't want the water soluble steroids to show up in a drug test, or street drugs.

I doubt Bowe was under any severe weight restrictions with the Chiefs that required him to lose major poundage.

Testing positive for diuretics usually means you were doing something else much more serious that you didn't get caught for.
                                Or it could mean that Haley was insane about the team as a whole losing weight, especially his WRs. He is insane when it comes to their conditioning, even going so far as to make Bowe get his eyes examined to see if that's why he had the drops so bad (it wasn't apparently).

He has never struck me as the type of person to use steroids and until they prove he did that won't change.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information