Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowe suspended 4 games for performance enhancing drugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Dwayne Bowe suspended for violating steroids policy

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by General Zod View Post
      He'll be in Cincinatti next season.
      Cincinnati. A helpful tip my teachers taught me in 1st grade: Break it up into 3 parts, cin - cin - nati.

      And while I get the joke, we're fine on receivers, even if we lose Coles.

      Comment


      • #18
        He's welcome in Detroit because the receivers here suck outside of InjuredTron.


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • #19
          I don't think I have ever been closer to finding a new team.

          Comment


          • #20
            This is the sound of a thousand clicks picking up Chris Chambers.

            btw, Jamarcus 'Ryan' Russell, PED Bowe-flex, Absentee Bust Davis, not-good-enough Jacob Hester, and underachieving Laron Landry...Geaux Tigers.

            Comment


            • #21
              Just goes to show you how extensive the use of PE drugs are in football, if a WR gets busted for juicing.

              It's not the same as a .310 contact hitter who goes on the gear to add exponential power to his swing and hit 55+ HRs, football is about so much more than raw strength and bodyweight.

              But I would not be surprised if the amount of players who use/have used in the NFL dwarfs anything we've read about in MLB.

              IMO Bowe is just lazy.
              Show some more commitment in the weight room and you won't need to go on the juice, Dwayne!!!

              Comment


              • #22
                Chris Chambers has been playing pretty well with the Chiefs but with him being the only WR now I look for that to stop.

                Comment


                • #23
                  It isn't even certain he was on any juice. I'll believe it when I see something concrete that says exactly what it was.

                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                    It isn't even certain he was on any juice. I'll believe it when I see something concrete that says exactly what it was.
                    I don't think it really matters it was some kinda of PED.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                      Cincinnati. A helpful tip my teachers taught me in 1st grade: Break it up into 3 parts, cin - cin - nati.

                      And while I get the joke, we're fine on receivers, even if we lose Coles.
                      Whats really funny is, I live about 35 mins from there. Shows how much I care I guess.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
                        Just goes to show you how extensive the use of PE drugs are in football, if a WR gets busted for juicing.

                        It's not the same as a .310 contact hitter who goes on the gear to add exponential power to his swing and hit 55+ HRs, football is about so much more than raw strength and bodyweight.

                        But I would not be surprised if the amount of players who use/have used in the NFL dwarfs anything we've read about in MLB.

                        IMO Bowe is just lazy.
                        Show some more commitment in the weight room and you won't need to go on the juice, Dwayne!!!
                        Do you not remember David Boston? In my opinion he was the one who started this whole steroids mess in the NFL like 8 years ago. Something about getting up to 250 lbs and still running a 4.4 40 yard dash over the course of like a season and a half

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          Do you not remember David Boston? In my opinion he was the one who started this whole steroids mess in the NFL like 8 years ago. Something about getting up to 250 lbs and still running a 4.4 40 yard dash over the course of like a season and a half
                          Yep David Boston actually invented steroids. :D

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                            Do you not remember David Boston? In my opinion he was the one who started this whole steroids mess in the NFL like 8 years ago. Something about getting up to 250 lbs and still running a 4.4 40 yard dash over the course of like a season and a half
                            Maybe Boston broke the seal for skill players regarding anabolics, but a percentage of lineman and LBs have been using IMO for decades.

                            Like I said, it's not as big a deal in football because taking 'roids without having position skills won't make you a pro football player. Same deal in baseball, if you can't hit a curveball, no steroid will teach you how to do it.

                            I just think it puts pressure on clean players to do something because they feel they're at a competitive disadvantage playing against dirty players.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                              Whats really funny is, I live about 35 mins from there. Shows how much I care I guess.
                              I was just trying to be helpful :p

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                He was banned for four games for using a weight loss supplement that contained a diuretic.

                                As I've pointed out a thousand times they're banned because they can lead to a player having heart palpitations and being dehydrated and they've actually contributed to deaths in other athletes.

                                This isn't a "performance enhancer" since all it would do is help lower his weight. This is a "banned substance". There's a monumental difference between what Bowe has taken and what Merriman did.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information