Dick Jauron fired

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Thurman Thomas' twitter

"Nobody is safe at One Bills Drive, they r cleaning house and bringing in a Football guy to run the ship. Jimbo say Ralph wil spend money!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
      I cant see Harbaugh leaving a good situation in Stanford and go to a worst situation in Oakland
      If I were a college coach, I wouldn't bother with the NFL. Les Miles or Pete Carroll are good examples: why leave a job where you continually bring in blue chip/5-star talent to replace people and you can have a team who is so much more talented than another team, you can just roll through half you schedule with minimal effort? You think that guy coaching Boise State loses sleep over his opponents?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

To steal from a great man's facebook status:

You're ******* out!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          If I were a college coach, I wouldn't bother with the NFL. Les Miles or Pete Carroll are good examples: why leave a job where you continually bring in blue chip/5-star talent to replace people and you can have a team who is so much more talented than another team, you can just roll through half you schedule with minimal effort? You think that guy coaching Boise State loses sleep over his opponents?
          I agree 100%. If you're the coach of a top flight NCAA program, there really isn't much motivation to leave, unless you get a really good situation from a team that has historically had a lot of stability. In college football, a lot of places go year after year with the same coach. How many coaches in the NFL have achieved that? Shanahan? Fisher? Various Steelers coaches? The NFL is much more of a "what have you done for me lately?" business where it is much harder to sustain that success for a long time. In the NFL, you get worse picks for performing better. You can still get good players yes, but it's difficult to find franchise changing players outside of the top 10. In the NCAA, you're rewarded for great seasons because recruits see that and wanna play for you, allowing you to dominate in the recruiting process and pull in serious talent.

I think especially with recent examples of great college coaches(Butch Davis, Nick Saban, Bobby Petrino) laying total eggs in the pros, many probably don't wanna risk the professional ranks and will just stay in college where they can still get paid as much or even more than most pro coaches.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Just as I concluded reading through this thread, I heard these lines on the radio...

"Children laughing
            People passing
            Meeting smile after smile"

'tis a joyous day in Western New York!

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
              I'm never a fan of letting your HC go in the middle of the season in football its kinda pointless.
              nah not really sometimes you can find gold with your interm coaches. If you know your team sucks and is gonna tank regardless, why not try and see what you have.

Its the same things coaches do when they shuffle around players when they know the season is gonna tank.

Comment

I would liked to have sat in on the pre-game meetings. Jauron tells Trent Edwards, "Don't you dare throw the ball beyond 8 yards to the fast receivers we've spent a ton of money on".....somehow i dont think that's how it went.

Comment

The Bills have contacted Mike Shanahan per 2 NFL Sources

-per ESPN text

:D

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                  my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                  But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post

-per ESPN text

Not surprised. Jim Brown also insuated that Mike Holmgren has been contacted to head up things at Cleveland. (must like a challenge) Which would beg the questions does he coach and GM?, does he bring in an understudy like Chuckie Gruden?. Does he draft his own QB at the top of the draft?. Interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post

-per ESPN text

Thrums Thomas said he will be with Ralph in a box to watch the game next week vs. the jags.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        I would liked to have sat in on the pre-game meetings. Jauron tells Trent Edwards, "Don't you dare throw the ball beyond 8 yards to the fast receivers we've spent a ton of money on".....somehow i dont think that's how it went.
                        Fewell has already benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick.

He's halfway there.

Comment

Is anyone else a little weirded out that Buffalo's coach was fired and general concensus is that TO had nothing to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                            Is anyone else a little weirded out that Buffalo's coach was fired and general concensus is that TO had nothing to do with it?
                            Jauron has been on thin ice this entire season
                            T0 had NOTHING to do with it. Our GM wanted to fire Jauron after last season. But RW Jr and Jauron are very good friends. But i guess Ralph got tired of losing

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              Fewell has already benched Edwards for Fitzpatrick.

He's halfway there.

I remember Peter King listing Trent Edwards as one of his best up and coming QBs during one of his MMQB columns. That guy is such a joke.

Comment

I like Shanny's offensive system.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information