Mangini an idiot: also, actively discussing Lebron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    Charlie Ward played in an All Star game? Maybe in your imagination. He was a role player in the NBA.

Tony Gonzalez in another example. Good basketball player. Best TE ever.
    Umm.... Gonzalez and Gates are like 6'4", and neither had guard skills. That's the thing with basketball. No matter how much post skill you have if you're below 6'8" you aren't even getting a look.

Football players are every bit the athletes basketball players are. LeBron James is the exception because LeBron James is the best team sport athlete in the world, bar none. But Randy Moss would be an average NBA athlete? Do you even think before you post? He'd be the fastest player in the NBA easily.

Even basketball fans(myself included) will concede that the fastest NFL players are faster than their NBA counterparts. LeBron James has elite NBA speed(ever see him get caught from behind? and roll footage of him catching people from behind easily, too) and he allegedly runs a 4.5 40, which is good NFL speed but far from elite.

NBA players might jump higher, but a funny thing about that. Anyone ever watch the NFL combine? You know how they stand with their feet planted and jump straight up? NBA players get to take a step, and THAT's the number that's recorded and passed through. So you can't compare verticals really. Both of them have their uses in their sports. NFL vertical is used to determine explosion from a stopped position. In the NBA, you're rarely in a stopped position, so they measure running vertical.

And no one's gonna sit here and argue that NBA players are stronger.

Also Allen Iverson played QB in HS but obviously wouldn't have been anything special in the NFL. NBA HOF.

Nate Robinson was a college FB DB, but was better at basketball and is now a pretty good player all things considered.

So your argument clearly doesn't work anymore.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
      You know on MNF when they run through the starting lineup of each team and its like "My Name, University," yeah... Dwight Freeney had a Yankees hat on for his and I've seen him wearing a Yankees hat during other segments on him in the past as well. I know he went to Syracuse, but hes not from NYC or state. Its not a big deal at all.
      Indianapolis doesn't have a baseball team... and Dwight Freeney is not the home town hero.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
        Indianapolis doesn't have a baseball team... and Dwight Freeney is not the home town hero.
        What does this have to do with anything? So because he's a hometown hero by the time he was 18 years old, that means he has to change the team he has been rooting for well before anyone really knew who Lebron James was? There are countless athletes who grow up in one city and cheer for another team, I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

If Cleveland never ended up with the 1st pick that year, who Lebron likes to cheer for would of never been an issue, he can't help who he was drafted by and it would be stupid for him to start acting like he should stop rooting for the teams he has liked his entire life.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          What does this have to do with anything? So because he's a hometown hero by the time he was 18 years old, that means he has to change the team he has been rooting for well before anyone really knew who Lebron James was? There are countless athletes who grow up in one city and cheer for another team, I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

If Cleveland never ended up with the 1st pick that year, who Lebron likes to cheer for would of never been an issue, he can't help who he was drafted by and it would be stupid for him to start acting like he should stop rooting for the teams he has liked his entire life.
          Public perception is something you have to be concerned with when you're in the spot light. He shouldn't be unnecessarily drawing attention to himself if he doesn't want people asking him when/if he's leaving Cleveland.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information