Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders Bench QB JaMarcus Russell Permanently

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...wski-starter/1

Raiders coach Tom Cable said Wednesday he is removing JaMarcus Russell as the team's starting quarterback.

Bruce Gradkowski will take over as the team's starter. Coach Tom Cable called the move an "easy decision." (Via RaiderBeat.com.)

Russell has led the Raiders to a 2-7 start, and Cable has remained patient and publicly confident in the 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick until now. Gradkowski relieved Russell in last Sunday's 16-10 loss to the Chiefs.
    JaWalrus might be finished finally in Oakland!

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

raiders pick a qb in first round next year or will they trade for one?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Only QB Id want is Clausen, maybe sign a QB like Kellen Clemens, Davis Carr...

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Russell might be a lame duck there but Cable is probably a lamer duck. The new guy will look around and wont see anything better than JaMarcus and figure he can get the guy to produce (they always do). Probably dont see them pulling the trigger on a QB in round 1 this time around.

Comment

Russell to the Raiders first overall was pretty much doomed from the moment the pick happened.

Comment

The only person shocked by this move is JaMarcus Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
              True dat. I love his recent quotes from games this season. Saying it was his fault they lost when he goes like 7 for 25. Last game I admit the WR's dropped passes. But the games before he could even hit the WRs

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                Russell to the Raiders first overall was pretty much doomed from the moment the pick happened.
                if russell had a cutler/rivers attitude to go along with his poor play, how could he not challenge ryan leaf as one of the biggest bust of all time.

I guess Leaf had a much bigger following than Jamarcus. I don't remember anyone specifically that thought Jamarcus would turn out all-bowl status.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  Well, him and Al Davis....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Quinn for Russell in the offseason! Worlds most worthless trade.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                      Id do it...

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                        I do remember, maybe a day before the NFL Draft, some guy posted that Al Davis signed Brady Quinn to a contract and cited some local article as evidence.

Just popped into my cranium.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                          if russell had a cutler/rivers attitude to go along with his poor play, how could he not challenge ryan leaf as one of the biggest bust of all time.

I guess Leaf had a much bigger following than Jamarcus. I don't remember anyone specifically that thought Jamarcus would turn out all-bowl status.
                          I think there is an absolute zero where guys like Ryan, Russell, Couch etc. all reside...guys who for whatever reason ultimately contributed absolutely nothing.

Worth pointing out that for all the 'zomg biggest bust ever' talk, Leaf wasn't drafted #1 like turdbucket here.

Comment

Let Jamarcus play at his natural weight as a nose tackle. 400lbs nose tackle? Whats not to love
                            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Just embarrassing for JaMarcus. I have no idea where his career is headed, if there's even an upside for him to strive for.

How can a guy considered a consensus top 3 pick be so AWFUL?? Not bad or inconsistent, but look like someone who hasn't played QB since HS??

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information