No announcement yet.

Raiders Bench QB JaMarcus Russell Permanently

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He must've read Aaron Schatz's column in the new ESPN magazine. Pages 9-10 for those looking for it.

Yeah, I made a joke and a promo for ESPN Mag all in the same post.

Comment

At this point, our season is done. We might as well leave the guy in there. Although he's been terrible so far,he hasn't had the benefit of an adequate offensive line or a running game to protect him.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
        Let Jamarcus play at his natural weight as a nose tackle. 400lbs nose tackle? Whats not to love
        If anyone suggests he be turned into a situational pass rusher as well, I swear I will scream.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          I think there is an absolute zero where guys like Ryan, Russell, Couch etc. all reside...guys who for whatever reason ultimately contributed absolutely nothing.

Worth pointing out that for all the 'zomg biggest bust ever' talk, Leaf wasn't drafted #1 like turdbucket here.
          Russell wasn't in the draft with Peyton Manning.

Comment

I think Russel will get a second chance elsewhere. If he sucks there, then we can label him a bust.

sig by fenikz
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
            You are just a terrible person.
            Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I have an iPhone.

Comment

It's really pitiful to watch DHB play, yea Russell sucks but come on, your really asking him to suceed with a well below average O-line, and his starting WR's Louis Murphy and DHB? Who has ever had a WR core that pitiful as your top 2 guys? I actually love Murphy's long term potential but he's coming from a spread gimmick offense and your throwing him out there from day one.

DHB has no tools what so ever to play WR yet, he runs one route all game, and he looks so uncomfortable trying to catch the deep pass. It baffles me that a fast 40 made them take him over Crabtree, who missed all of mini camps, TC, pre-season, and months of the regular season and stepped in poised, and if I'm not mistaken had more production in one game then DHB had the entire season thus far.

Situations like those are why you shouldn't expect ANY QB in Oakland to suceed, now watch them draft Ryan Mallett way too high and the same thing happen all over again. It's really sad that Al Davis can have control over the team and not even use a scouting report.

He just has a sheet printed out with all the 40 times and checks off the names as their drafted, nobody really understood the DHB pick at the time but after watching him and Crabtree, and considering you needed a WR to start it baffles me they picked the guy who was a track star instead of the real football player.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                Russell wasn't in the draft with Peyton Manning.
                But was in the draft with Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, Michael Griffin to name a few....

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                  But was in the draft with Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, Ryan Clady, Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis, Michael Griffin to name a few....
                  Right, but the next best QB was Brady Quinn. All of those guys are good to great, but they're not QBs.

Comment

Russel may be terrible but he plays for the damn Raiders. If they had a competent coach and owner, i actually do think that Russel would better that he is. Now mind you i'm not talking all-pro, pro bowler **** but good enough to manage and make throws when necessary.

Russel will catch on as a backup for a team when he leaves the Shithole. Maybe someone will make him decent

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                      I think Russel will get a second chance elsewhere. If he sucks there, then we can label him a bust.
                      There's no need. He sucks and can be labeled a bust now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                        There's no need. He sucks and can be labeled a bust now.
                        Even if you think there is no need, he will still get a second chance. Maybe in a place where his "weapons" will be better than DHB. Epic fail on Al Davis's part.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

He will get another chance somewhere, just about everyone who had potential at one point will be given a second chance by some fool. He will fail miserably, but it will still happen.

Comment

Why does everyone think that a change of scenery is all it takes for a qb to be successful?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              Why does everyone think that a change of scenery is all it takes for a qb to be successful?
                              I don't think anyone said that's all it takes, but it would certainly help if he had a better coach, offensive line, WR's, offensive coordinator, etc etc. Same could be said for any QB really, but I'm willing to give anybody who played for Oakland recently a change of scenery before labeling them a bust.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                It's really pitiful to watch DHB play,
                                So true

TJack to Oakland next year.

Originally posted by borg9
                                Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information