No announcement yet.

Raiders Bench QB JaMarcus Russell Permanently

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly just think Russell never cared enough. He's a great example of a pay day that size having the worst possible effect.

Either way, it looks like we're headed for an uncapped free agency. There's no way Russell rides the bench without Al Davis' consent, so this could actually be Russell's last year on the Raiders. Good riddance, as far as I'm concerned. I will always wish we took Calvin Johnson.

Comment

I watch the local pre-game shows and there was a story of the coaching staff giving Jamarcus Russell a dvd of the plays to take home to study and when he came in the next day and was asked how it was, he said it was good and he understood what he had to do. The only thing was, the dvd they sent home with him was blank so it really called into question whether or not he cared at all anymore.

I think he potentially could have been a good QB if he went to the right situation and learned for a few years behind someone, but that didn't happen. Also, honestly, when will you ever need a QB to throw 60 yards on his knees?
      Last edited by vidae; 11-19-2009, 04:20 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
        I watch the local pre-game shows and there was a story of the coaching staff giving Jamarcus Russell a dvd of the plays to take home to study and when he came in the next day and was asked how it was, he said it was good and he understood what he had to do. The only thing was, the dvd they sent home with him was blank so it really called into question whether or not he cared at all anymore.

I think he potentially could have been a good QB if he went to the right situation and learned for a few years behind someone, but that didn't happen. Also, honestly, when will you ever need a QB to throw 60 yards on his knees?
        wow this is awesome. I dont have any touble believing that. Even if it wasnt true it doesnt change much of anything.

Thanks to the people who are well thought enough to realize this is more about Russell's lack of everything then the Raiders lack of structure or talent.

I wonder if Al Davis will have the gutts to cut him and take advantage of the uncaped year, then draft a QB in the 1st round if he has a chance to get the right person. What this team is lacking the most is a true quaterback and leader. Yes we could use a couple better lineman on both sides or a LB, just like every other team. They need someone that can play the most important position and be commited to turning things around, someone to believe in. Also dont forget the Raiders dont have a 1st round pick in 2011 because of the Seymour trade.
        Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada; 11-19-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider_fan_Canada View Post
          wow this is awesome. I dont have any touble believing that. Even if it wasnt true it doesnt change much of anything.

Thanks to the people who are well thought enough to realize this is more about Russell's lack of everything then the Raiders lack of structure or talent.

I wonder if Al Davis will have the gutts to cut him and take advantage of the uncaped year, then draft a QB in the 1st round if he has a chance to get the right person. What this team is lacking the most is a true quaterback and leader. Yes we could use a couple better lineman on both sides or a LB, just like every other team. They need someone that can play the most important position and be commited to turning things around, someone to believe in. Also dont forget the Raiders dont have a 1st round pick in 2011 because of the Seymour trade.
          This is what makes it so interesting.

Draft a QB next draft or wait until the 2012 draft?

Use your first rounder on a QB or use your 2nd/3rd/4th rounder on a QB?
          Peyton Manning Fanboy
          Originally posted by Complex
          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

That is just awesome. Seriously, if I was a coach and the same thing happened that guy would never get a starting job, ever.

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

While our QB situation is dire,the talent around it needs serious work,especially the offensive line. I'd take Suh,McCoy,or Okung,in the first and grab a stop gap solution like Kellen Clemens.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

He's gonna have to be good on his knees to get a job anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
                  This is what makes it so interesting.

Draft a QB next draft or wait until the 2012 draft?

Use your first rounder on a QB or use your 2nd/3rd/4th rounder on a QB?
                  In wich purpose?? Do you really count on the Raiders (and lets be fair, it would be true with any team), to develop a franchise QB out of the later rounds?

I think you bite the bullet and do the classic move of the high risk/high reward 1st rounder again and hope for the best. Only this time maybe you dont take the guy that has the highest bust potential in the draft!

Comment

I honestly believe he could actually be a decent QB if he signs with the Vikings next year.

He'll have AD taking off a lot of the pressure, as well as a strong young WR core. He really wouldn't have to do much to succeed there, plus being around someone who trains as hard as AD would more than likely rub off on him.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                    It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                    Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                    http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                    421 Witness
                    756*

Comment

If he won't even watch a DVD at home with some plays on it or really look at photos on the sidelines, I doubt he'll ever do anything at QB in the NFL regardless of how good of a situation he goes to. With all that talent the idea of waiting for him to clear waivers and then having him learn from Manning for a few years is attractive, but one session with Manning would melt his brain.

Comment

then again, the same could have been said for Cedric Benson. Some people just need to grow up

Comment

If Ryan Mallett comes out this year.... we might take him in the 2nd, or reach from the top 6 in the draft and get him. Hopefully this season is a wake up call for Davis, we need to go back to the Gruden west coast offence. Draft Clausen, Bradford or sign a vet. Id really be happy to have Suh though

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                            Russell to the Raiders first overall was pretty much doomed from the moment the pick happened.
                            I agree completely with this. I think JaMarcus may have failed anyways because of how lazy he's shown himself to be (it seems like he doesn't mind being the butt of all quarterback jokes), but it's the Raiders. They didn't give him a chance. They fired and hired coaches repeatedly, gave him way too many new offenses to learn, didn't take advantage of his skills, and weren't able to put a very solid group of linemen or wide receivers there for him. It didn't matter which QB they took #1, they would have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by jag View Post
                              I honestly believe he could actually be a decent QB if he signs with the Vikings next year.

He'll have AD taking off a lot of the pressure, as well as a strong young WR core. He really wouldn't have to do much to succeed there, plus being around someone who trains as hard as AD would more than likely rub off on him.
                              You don't see Brett Favre coming back next season?

I do.

Comment

Sure the firing of coaches can be blamed or lack of talent, but nothing can be said about his lack of passion for the game. Its pretty clear that he is all about the money, not being a winner. All th reports have been negative about him working out, coming into camp out of shape. Maybe he pulls a Cedric Benson type of turn around if he gets a chance too. He has the talent, lacks the desire to be a NFL QB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information