How would you fix your favorite team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you fix your favorite team?

Everyone has there own opinion on what's wrong with there favorite team. Even two guys that watch the games together think differently on what's going on. So with so many bad teams this year in the Nfl just wanted to know from the guys who watch there teams play every sunday, I wanted to ask this question. How you would fix the problem if you were the GM?

Who would you fire?
    Who would you hire?
    What kind of offense would you run?
    What kind of defense would you run?
    Who do you like in the draft for your team?
    Players you would cut?
    Player you would sign long term?
    Free agents?

So everyones got an opinion... what's yours?

Fire Al David and Tom Cable
    Hire Jon Gruden
    Run a west coast offence Gruden ran back when he was here
    Id let John Marshall run his type of D, the blitzing/zone coverage we saw against PHI
    Id draft Suh, McCoy, Okung or Clausen
    Cut JaMarcus, Javon Walker
    Sign Seymour, Morrison, Howard, Schilens, and Henderson long term
    Pick up David Carr/Kellen Clemens a vet WR, RG and a SLB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

For the Patriots I would

Hire Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator and get him to run the aggressive 3-4 defense he ran in San Diego.

Sign Vince Wilfork and Logan Mankins to longterm deals.

Sign Shawne Merriman as a free agent.

Draft CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant in the first round.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

How would you fix your favorite team?
        You don't have the kinda time it would take for me to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post

Good one....

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post

I was going to go with LOL or something like this... but here is what I would do.

A. ) If I had a time machine I would have kept Winslow and Edwards and drafted Crabtree, extending Braylon and Kellen as well, trying to create an air it out style offense... But hey, I can't do that so here is what I would try to do...

1. Get a free agent QB - The problems on this team go WAY WAY WAY further than QB. We have seen Brady Quinn do nothing and Derek Anderson absolutely collapse since 2007. I don't know who to go with besides maybe Jason Campbell or Mike Vick if available this offseason. I firmly believe that if you have the pieces in place Derek Anderson can get it done, but I will probably get laughed off the board for that statement. Derek Anderson thrived in 2007 with Winslow/Edwards and Jurevicius as well as a better version of Jamal Lewis... Now he has nobody around him and the receivers catch nothing and get no separation. The only scenario I draft QB is if we are top 3 and one of the prospects just absolutely blows me away as the coach.

2. Build AROUND the QB, not through it - If I am the Browns in free agency I am going for the biggest receiving name I can get as well as the best tight end available. The Browns are in such a terrible position as far as offense goes right now that it gives me a headache on how we would even fix it. Our receivers are garbage right now, but still young... I think adding a taller possession receiver as well as someone that can actually catch a ******* pass at tight end would help tremendously. The Browns have not spent a high pick on a running back since William Green has busted way back in 2002 I believe. Jamal Lewis is retiring after this year and I think now is the time to pick up the best running back you can possibly get in round 2 or if a big name hits free agency.

3. Hire a credible coach - Mangini sucks, we haven't had a credible coach since coming back... I really don't need to elaborate on this.

I don't feel like typing more or I feel like I would be here all day, but if my point has not been made, the Browns need to completely revamp their offense if they want any chance of being successful in the league... We are 32nd in points per game, 32nd in yards per game, 32nd in passing yards per game, and 26th in rushing yards per game.

Comment

Sit back and let the Tuna do whatever the hell he wants.

Comment

Who would you fire?
                No one. Most of this coaching staff has only been in place a short time.

Who would you hire?
                An offensive coordinator. If Charlie Weis is done at ND he'd be a great hire because of the Pioli connection.

I like the way we formed our offense right now, I just don't like Haley calling the plays.

I like the 3-4. I didn't think I'd like it at first but it has grown on me.

Safety: Eric Berry would instantly upgrade our secondary, giving it a presence we clearly lack.

Offensive line: We need at least two new starters but realistically looking at three, mostly interior olineman. Kristopher O'Dowd at center or Mike Iupati at guard would be instant upgrades.

Nose Tackle: Ron Edwards is servicable at best, but he won't stay that way for long. Boo Robinson could be available in the third and would be a pretty significant upgrade.

Outside Linebacker: We need someone opposite Tamba Hali. Mike Vrabel should be moved into the inside. I like Jerry Hughes or Brandon Lang as 3-4 rush backers.

Players you would cut?
                Mike Brown.

Tamba Hali.

Free agents?
                Any available interior offensive line at this point.
                Last edited by vidae; 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I'd keep the coaches and schemes the same. I've been very impressed by Mike Heimerdinger and Chuck Cecil over the past three games.

I'd let Nick Harper, Bo Scaife, Kevin Mawae, Eugene Amano, and Alge Crumpler leave in FA. I'd tender LenWhale at the medium RFA tender, hoping someone will sign him and give compensation. I'd also place the highest RFA tenders on Stephen Tulloch and Tony Brown.

I'd re-sign Kyle Vanden Bosch for a cheap, 2-year deal, and re-sign Rod Hood to a 4-year contract. I'd place the Franchise Tag on Keith Bulluck. I'd also restructure Vince Young's deal.

I'd go hard after Owen Daniels in free agency. I'd pay that man in an instant. I'd also sign Chester Taylor and add him to the RB stable with CJ and Ringer. Lastly, try to upgrade the MIKE position by adding a stud like Karlos Dansby or D'Qwell Jackson. If that move is too expensive, then forget about MIKE and just go with what you have in Tulloch - hopefully, McRath will be bulked up enough by then to compete for the MLB spot rather than just OLB. If McRath isn't right for MIKE, then he'll stay on course to being the future LOLB when Thornton leaves in 2011.

Then in the Draft, draft the best pass-rusher available - preferrably a DE.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 11-18-2009, 08:21 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuc View Post
                    Everyone has there own opinion on what's wrong with there favorite team. Even two guys that watch the games together think differently on what's going on. So with so many bad teams this year in the Nfl just wanted to know from the guys who watch there teams play every sunday, I wanted to ask this question. How you would fix the problem if you were the GM?

Who would you fire?
                    Who would you hire?
                    Players you would cut?
                    Free agents?

So everyones got an opinion... what's yours?
                    Can't fire an owner,but definitely Cable.
                    I'd hire Holmgren as a Parcells guy, then let him pick one of his West Coast offense guys. Greg Knapp maybe.
                    I'd love a West Coast,but run first is a must.
                    An attacking 4-3
                    Suh,McCoy,Okung
                    Javon Walker,Tommy Kelly,Greg Ellis.
                    Seymour,Morrison.
                    I'd love Kellen Clemens best Interior lineman available(Logan Mankins)

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Who would you fire?
                      Depending on the rest of the season, Mike McCarthy. He's silenced doubters for the week with a win against Dallas (finally) at home (x2).

Who would you hire?
                      Mike Holmgren, Jon Gruden if the firing of McCarthy were to happen but I'd like to stick to the 3-4. I like our coaching unit on the defensive side of the ball.

One that makes sense. West Coast.

Stick to the 3-4 and actually blitz.

Any and all offensive tackles. On a serious note, since this is a draft site...

In no particular order.

Back-Up QB
                      Matt Flynn has become the better option than Brian Brohm at this point. I was never a fan of the Brohm pick and now it looks as if we're going to need to look elsewhere for a viable back up. As much hate as Aaron Rodgers gets for taking sacks and/or holding on to the ball too long, if he went down... well, Green Bay would be picking after the Browns. I'm not in love with many QB prospects that would be of value where the Packers may address this need. Best case scenario, in my opinion would be Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State. I wouldn't mind trying out Matt Grothe from South Florida or Tim Hiller out of Western Michigan, either.

2nd RB
                      Ryan Grant is good but we need a playmaker out of the backfield. One that can catch passes and be a home run threat running the ball. My first choice would be C.J. Spiller from Clemson. His stock seems to be rising by the week so it looks as if we're going to miss out on him come April. Brandon James from Florida or William Ford from South Carolina State are two later round prospects I like.

Tackle Depth
                      Address it 1st round, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th. Bring some more in after the draft that way the odds are in your favor of finding atleast 1 guy that shows some type of promise.

Secondary
                      Whether it be a Strong Safety or another Cornerback.

Players you would cut?
                      Jarrett Bush.

Nick Collins then Johnny Jolly if his legal situation works out.

Free agents?
                      Kyle Boller as a back up QB.
                      Leon Washington as change of pace back, special teamer.

Other
                      Franchise Aaron Kampman and get the best value you can for him. Whether that be a stockpile of draft picks or an OLB fit for the 3-4.

Comment

Draft a replacement for Pat Williams in the middle rounds

Pick up depth for Linebacker positions

Find a QB that is ready to start right out of the draft

Sign Sidney Rice, and Adrian Peterson to a long term deal

Sign Kevin Williams, Ray Edwards, Cedric Griffen to long term deals

Extend Chester Taylor's contract

Keep our coaching staff (for now...)

Get rid of Tavaris Jackson

WIN THE SUPER BOWL

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                          Draft a replacement for Pat Williams in the middle rounds

Pick up depth for Linebacker positions

Find a QB that is ready to start right out of the draft

Sign Sidney Rice, and Adrian Peterson to a long term deal

Sign Kevin Williams, Ray Edwards, Cedric Griffen to long term deals

Extend Chester Taylor's contract

Keep our coaching staff (for now...)

Get rid of Tavaris Jackson

WIN THE SUPER BOWL
                          You might get that wish, and for longer than you may want it. Apparently the Vikes and Childress are close to an extension.

Comment

Pat Shurmur...his playcalling at times has been abysmal

HIRE JON GRUDENZZZZZZ to make this a stellar offense...Spags and Gruden...get me a new pair of shorts

West Coast, good for our WR's and SJax

heavy blitz 4-3 with 2 deep coverage with a beast combo of Atogwe and Butler...exactly what Spags wants to run

Suh, McCoy, Bryant, and maybe a QB if we trade down...maybe

I would cut some of the back-ups RBs who aren't really doing anything, maybe McMichael if his contract is too big

sign Gibson, Avery, and maybe a LBer who is starting to actually back-up our new guys, and Atogwe (as he was franchised this year)

Any OLB (WLB and/or SLB) RG!!!!! and RT is Jason Smith moves over (which he should) and then maybe a CB or any d-lineman
                            Last edited by rockio42; 11-19-2009, 09:22 AM.
                            I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Isn't Atogwe a FA after this year? Think he sticks around St. Louis?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information