No announcement yet.

How would you fix your favorite team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign Mike Zimmer to a long term contract and just hope he doesn't get a HC job. That is all.

Comment

1) Pay Greg Manusky whatever he wants
      2) Pay Aubrayo Franklin whatever it takes
      3) Overpay for the best o-line talent I can get
      4) Move Isaac Bruce to the 5th spot and move Hill to #3 and Battle to #4

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        You might get that wish, and for longer than you may want it. Apparently the Vikes and Childress are close to an extension.
        As far as I know he got the extension.

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

Who do you like in the draft for your team? - Best player available, after this year's class produced nothing we simply have to have instant production. Nose tackle, cornerback, OLB all could use some instant impact.

Players you would cut? - Not so much cut, but I would rather not watch Chris Houston or Jamaal Anderson anymore.

Player you would sign long term? - Jonathan Babineaux has become what Rod Coleman was in his prime.

Free agents? - Aaron Kampman, put him back in the 4-3 where he belongs. (KFFL has him as a FA... not sure about that is accurate though.)

Comment

Fire Kevin Gilbride
            Bench Antonio Pierce
            Find a SS who's decent
            Find another DT who won't get pushed backwards
            Steal Claire from Heroes's blood to get eli's foot healthy and cure Phillips' knee

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I would keep the coordinators and largely the core of the players in tact.

I'd sign Jason Campbell and give him the start from week 4 onwards the next year giving him a full three or four months in the system, in practice and adjusting from a WCO to a more spread / vertical passing scheme, I'd extend Terrell Sutton as the team's future at full back, extend Captain Munnerlyn and attempt to sign a free agent WR at least capable of playing 2nd fiddle to Steve Smith adequately.

I'd allow Peppers to walk if he didn't wish to sign a fair contract, elevate charles johnson to starter and draft in the second round either a DT, WR or DE depending on value available and search for the other positions in the rounds thereafter.

The team needs a future to smith, another starting quality end, even if Brown pans out and youth at the DT position.

I'd redesign the offense to keep Williams more involved as a passing threat and allow Stewart to take on a greater role rushing the football. I'd definitely try to keep the TE corp together and allow Campbell to flourish in a system where he's protected in the passing game, not under pressure due to the run game and give him plenty of short, intermediate and deep options, all of which, regardless of FA or the draft currently exist on the roster.

I'd keep Delhomme around as a backup and stop gap if Campbell is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                Who do you like in the draft for your team? - Best player available, after this year's class produced nothing we simply have to have instant production. Nose tackle, cornerback, OLB all could use some instant impact.

We could draft a defensive player at any position other than S and MLB and it would make sense. Hopefully they don't end on IR this time...

Players you would cut? - Not so much cut, but I would rather not watch Chris Houston or Jamaal Anderson anymore.

Player you would sign long term? - Jonathan Babineaux has become what Rod Coleman was in his prime.

We already signed him to a five year deal at the end of last year, no?

Free agents? - Aaron Kampman, put him back in the 4-3 where he belongs. (KFFL has him as a FA... not sure about that is accurate though.)

I think he'd be a great addition, but I'm still wary of giving big money to anyone over 30.
                Falcons don't need fixing, just tweaking. Priority is a quality, experienced cornerback with good size (Carlos Rogers?), and a DT with good size to drop that nearly-5ypa run stat.

My favourite suggestion from above: drafting a QB ready to start straight away. If only it were that easy...
                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Saints
                  Who would you fire?
                  If someone, id fire greg mcmahon, saints special teams hastn been good in a long time
                  Who would you hire?
                  his replacement
                  What kind of offense would you run?
                  same but with more passing to my FF wideouts
                  What kind of defense would you run?
                  Greg Williams is a god, he knows better than I do
                  Who do you like in the draft for your team?
                  id love to get brian price or arthur jones but basicly any good dt
                  Players you would cut?
                  noone really
                  Player you would sign long term?
                  First and foremost Jahri Evans
                  Free agents?
                  one more good cb to get over the secondary injury bug

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                  - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                  - Corner or Wideout in the first
                  - No reaching
                  - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Who would you fire?
                    Tim Ruskell, He's had some great picks in middle rounds of drafts but that's about all that he's done that's even worth mentioning. Not a fan of Mora Jr as a HC but I'll give him some time because he's a likable guy and a hometown guy.

Who would you hire?
                    Jim Zorn back as a QB coach when he's fired from the Redskins.

WCO

4-3, Seahawks defensive players are made for it, I see some fans wanting the 3 - 4 but that's only because they want to see more of Hawthorne with Tatupu but you don't switch your scheme for a single LB. Especially when it's considered "undersized" in a 4 - 3.

Locker of course as the top pick and then Jason Fox or CJ Spiller if he's avaible at the later first pick. Jason Fox or Selvish Capers in the 2nd.

Players you would cut?
                    Kelly Jennings first off, The guy just isn't cut out for the NFL. Julius Jones, Deon Branch (he's a good enough player just he's overpaid and injury prone.)

Brandon Mebane, He's a very good DT and very underrated. Josh Wilson, I love the guy and think he's a very good Nickleback and a average RCB/LCB. Especially for his size.

Free agents? Atogwe if he's avaible for sure, if not him then Antoine Bethea would be a very nice 1b signing.

Originally posted by Tebowfan85
                    too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .

Comment

hmm, nice topic. Niners seem like a decent ream, but thats only because the defense is so solid that it masks our Cleveland esque offense.

Keep the coaching staff, except for Jimmy Raye who calls worse plays than Joe Gibbs.

Re-sign Aubrayo Franklin, Dashon Goldson, Shawntae Spencer, TKO, and Alex Smith (I know he's considered a bust, but I still am holding out hope, barely)

Get rid of Dre Bly, Isaac Bruce, Walt Harris (old and injured), Mark Roman (poopy), Barry Sims (old and not good), Eric Heitmann (some Niner's fans say he is our best O-lineman, but I think he is extremely overrated and cannot handle a bullrush), and Arnaz Battle.

Call up Alex Boone and Brit Miller (the next Spencer Havner) from the practice squad

WR depth chart would be Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, late round developmental pick or Ziegler (preferably someone who can return kicks and/or punts).

I'd also give Nate Davis a fair shot before blowing at least one of this years 1st rounders on a QB

This year in the draft, O-line is 1 and 2 on the priority list with some kind of pass rush being next. After our early picks I would focus on increasing speed and depth in the secondary and at RB. NT has to be a priority too, because even as well as Franklin has played he isn't young, hasn't played consistently in his career, and is in a contract year which usually leads to huge effort increase for DTs. If any of those needs really don't match up with value I would go BPA at positions that fit our 3-4 D and power running offense.

Comment

Who would you fire?
                        Nobody.

Who would you hire?
                        We don't really go out and bring in big name experienced guys, the last I can think of was Capers as DB coach but that didn't last long. As AntoinCD said, a DC with an attacking 3-4 would be nice, we were at our best when we had that great attacking defense. Right now I think we are simply lacking the personnel in the linebacking corps over a coach.

Wouldn't change it, although I would like to see us run the ball more. Besides that duff fumble in Indy Maroney has looked pretty good. K Faulk should be utilized a little more, I know he is a key part of our 3rd down offense but he has made an impact every time he has been on the field this year. When Taylor and Morris come back I really want to see us pound the ball, I know Brady has looked really good but our run game needs to be more of a factor. Statistically we are in the middle of the pack, but we need to be more confident and effective on the ground towards the end of close games (see Indy).

That attacking, pressure 3-4 that made our team great. Again, we need personnel here (PASS RUSH).

We need a pass rusher and an explosive young weapon on offense. Whether it be a back like Spiller or a wideout like Dez, we need a young playmaker to groom.

Players you would cut?
                        Nick Kaczur, Pierre Woods, Shawn Springs, Derrick Burgess

Wilfork and Mankins, Watson needs to get resigned but the other two are top priorities

Free agents?
                        Again, we need a pass rush. Merriman is still young and extremely talented, he has not been impressive whatsoever this year but if he gets 100% and shows signs of life he will be a top FA. Pats fans really want Peppers but I don't know if it would ever happen

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          Isn't Atogwe a FA after this year? Think he sticks around St. Louis?
                          ugh, i forgot about that we franchised him and didn't actually re-sign him...yah that would be perfect haha, i'll add that
                          I'm doing a real job now...well, semi-real.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.

Comment

Who would you fire? Lovie Smith, Ron Turner
                            Who would you hire? Mike Shanahan and whoever he wants for OC, Marinelli as a DC
                            What kind of offense would you run? Kinda the one used in Denver
                            What kind of defense would you run? Cover-2
                            Who do you like in the draft for your team? well since we dont have a 1st/2nd round pick it doesnt matter
                            Players you would cut? Crappy Guard
                            Player you would sign long term? Forte and Knox? idk basically everyone we need is long time
                            Free agents? Logan Mankins maybe. there are not a lot of good ones out there.

Comment

First stab at the Skins based on a no cap year:

Who would you fire?
                              Vinny Cerrato and Jim Zorn

Who would you hire?
                              GM - Chris Polian
                              HC - Jim Harbaugh

RD1 - Russell Okung, OT / Joe Haden, CB / Eric Berry, DB
                              RD2 - Perrish Cox, CB / Noel Devine, RB / Jason Fox, OT
                              RD4 - JD Walton, C / Mike Neal, DT / Mitch Petrus, OG

Players you would cut?
                              Todd Collins, Rock Cartwright, Randel El

Players you would try to trade?
                              Carlos Rogers

Rocky McIntosh

Free agents?
                              Keith Ellison, Winston Justice, Rod Hood/Leigh Bodden, Charlie Batch

Comment

Who would you fire?
                                OC Kevin Gilbride

Who would you hire?
                                Charlie Weis for Offensive Coordinator once he gets fired

Wouldn't change it much but would try and take some more deep shots and stick with a more consistent running game (Jacobs 20 + carries a game)

Same 4-3 alignment but with more intensity and blitzing ala Steve Spagnuolo.

Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain, Kam Chancellor

Players you would cut?
                                Antonio Pierce, CC Brown, Kevin Boothe

Steve Smith, Kevin Boss

Free agents?
                                Barret Ruud, Kirk Morrison, Stephen Tulloch, Nick Collins, Roman Harper, Brodney Pool, Chad Pennington. Guys I'd be interested in

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information