X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo signs Brian Brohm away from Green Bay

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-brian-brohm/

This is interesting to me.

Just one year ago, he was considered by Scott as the #2 QB in the entire draft. I felt the same way. Then he was picked up by Green Bay, who had ZERO need for a QB, and struggled in his rookie camp and preseason.

Then there was the strange placement of him on their practice squad. Apparently, Green Bay offered him an active roster spot and matched Buffalo's offer when they heard of the Bills interest.

In the end, he chose to leave the Packers for the Bills.

Interesting.

Originally posted by RochesterRox19 View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-brian-brohm/

This is interesting to me.

Just one year ago, he was considered by Scott as the #2 QB in the entire draft. I felt the same way. Then he was picked up by Green Bay, who had ZERO need for a QB, and struggled in his rookie camp and preseason.

Then there was the strange placement of him on their practice squad. Apparently, Green Bay offered him an active roster spot and matched Buffalo's offer when they heard of the Bills interest.

In the end, he chose to leave the Packers for the Bills.

Interesting.

Obviously the Pack is committed to Rodgers, he'd have to be nuts to turn down Buffalo. Good pickup considering it costs them nothing.

Comment

To be fair Rodgers had not broke out at the time they drafted BB so saying they had zero need for a QB is a little much.

Comment

Yeah, that was the off-season right before Rodgers was officially the GB starter. What a waste of a second round pick though.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Yeah, that was the off-season right before Rodgers was officially the GB starter. What a waste of a second round pick though.
          Easy to say that now but at the time I think it was a smart move on paper.

Comment

I like the pickup for Buffalo. Now I just wish we had a QB coach that could develop a quarterback :(

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
              Not really. That pick caught everyone by surprise. They had invested a first round pick already in Rodgers a few years earlier, and they drafted another QB very high in the draft before even giving the previous one a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                Why, they had Rodgers and spent some time with zero veteran QBs, and now he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Not really. That pick caught everyone by surprise. They had invested a first round pick already in Rodgers a few years earlier, and they drafted another QB very high in the draft before even giving the previous one a chance.
                  Then how come everyone seems so keen on the idea of Cleveland drafting a QB in the 1st round this year?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Then how come everyone seems so keen on the idea of Cleveland drafting a QB in the 1st round this year?
                    I personally am not, but the people who are have decided Quinn is teh ***. The pick only makes sense if the organization considers the former 1st round teh ***.

Comment

They had no real idea what they had in AR they were high on him but I don't see what is wrong with having a plan B its not like he was making top five money.

Comment

Did people ***** this much in the 90s when Ron Wolf drafted or signed Ty Detmer, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, or Aaron Brooks despite having Favre?

Comment

The Bills can have him and good luck! He is awful, plain old just sucks. Didnt like drafting him at all even if he turned out decent, and now we wasted a 2nd.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Best of luck to Brohm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              Did people ***** this much in the 90s when Ron Wolf drafted or signed Ty Detmer, Kurt Warner, Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, or Aaron Brooks despite having Favre?
                              2nd rounders are valuable mayne...people are just commenting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information