Sorry Vikings fans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    Awful lot of money to give the guy. I think almost anyone could win with the team that he has right now with Favre being the key component. Take Favre away and then what do you have?

Well, still a solid team as was shown last year.

But yeah, Dick fricken Jauron could do the same thing Childress is doing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      Awful lot of money to give the guy. I think almost anyone could win with the team that he has right now with Favre being the key component. Take Favre away and then what do you have?
      Hm well I trust the Vikings fans but generally it looks to me like Childress played a decent role in shaping the team...better believe he signed off on drafting Peterson too (not hard in retrospect, but 6 teams did pass), Favre, Harvin, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
        Hm well I trust the Vikings fans but generally it looks to me like Childress played a decent role in shaping the team...better believe he signed off on drafting Peterson too (not hard in retrospect, but 6 teams did pass), Favre, Harvin, etc.
        He's really not a bad personnel guy at all. It's his borderline ******** playcalls and in game decisions that are just really frustrating.

I'm sure Titans fans remember last year when we punted on 4th down, down by two scores with no timeouts and 2 minutes left.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
          I don't know how much of that is actually him or if it is Rick Spielman and the others in the front office though, but no, he's a good personnel guy if even some of that is him. It's his coaching that blows. He is one of the absolute worst game managers, with Romeo gone, now it's between him and Reid, and the playcalling is horrendous at times.
          Last edited by marshallb; 11-19-2009, 05:23 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score
          If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

I can understand why Viking fans are upset over this, his playcalling is terrible and very scary. When they played Baltimore they were up 31-17 in the 4th quarter with like 7:00min to go and his playcalling was VERY questionable, it was definitely the reason why Baltimore had a chance to win.

I think an in-house promotion should have been given to Leslie Frazier and let Childress go, Vikings are winning because of all the talent they have on both sides of the ball and with how well their defense plays, not because of Childress. Imagine where they would be w/o Favre?

Comment

Maybe Packer fans can forgive Favre now. He got Childress 4 more years in Minnesota. Favre will only be there this year, maybe the next. That is still 2 or 3 more years with Childress and no Favre to save his butt. Maybe Packer fans can once again say thank u Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                I can understand why Viking fans are upset over this, his playcalling is terrible and very scary. When they played Baltimore they were up 31-17 in the 4th quarter with like 7:00min to go and his playcalling was VERY questionable, it was definitely the reason why Baltimore had a chance to win.
                I'm not all that upset that he got the extension, it's when. Why not wait until the end of the season? If we lose in the first round or first game if we have a bye, then it means nothing and he should be fired. To me, it's NFCCG or he should be fired, but now that's not going to happen.

I've tried telling that to other non-Vikings fans about that game, most being Packers fans, and they all tell me that it doesn't matter and that we should have lost but Hauschka can't kick, and blah blah.

sig by BK and avy by me
                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                  Well that wasn't exactly rocket science. Brett was thinking about coming back and our quarterback was Tarvaris Jackson.

Besides, it's the in game coaching where he really sucks. There is no worse in game coach in the NFL.
                  Yea, but I think you have to give him alot more credit then that.

He was also the driving force behind Percy Harvin. Didn't he fly all the way over to meet him in person and give him an evaluation? I'm pretty sure he was the one who decided they needed to have him while everyone else was talking about him failing a drug test and coming from a gimmick offense.

Also with the Favre thing everyone forgets that people were trying to move on, talking about how unfair it would be to Rosenfels or Jackson to still bring in Favre etc etc. I'm not saying he's the greatest coach but he deserves alot of credit for some of the personnel moves he was behind that turned out great.

Also he's gotten better record wise each year in Minny and they are off to a blazing start this year, did you expect him to get fired for doing all of that?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He's a great football mind.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

He would be fine if he could actually coach. His personnel moves have been fine, even good, but his coaching is just hurtful it is that bad.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Lol, I remember in the Vikings Steelers game he challenged an 8 yard pass completion for a first down on the Steelers side of the field.

Ben threw to Wallace, who caught the ball, and got the first down, and it wasn't even an important call.

Needless to say, he lost the call, announcers were dumbfounded, they lost a timeout, and he quite frankly looked like a dumbass.

Sorry, Viking fans.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

I love fans who complain about a HC who has an 8-1 record and made the playoffs last year with junk at QB. Some people are never satisfied.
                          I guess the owner and the GM haven't seen what the fans see and they realize that winning in the NFL is tough. Let's see, how many teams in the NFL make it to the playoffs consistently without a franchise QB = zero, how many teams with a franchise QB make it to the playoffs on a very consistent basis, almost all of them. How long has Childress had a franchise QB = 1 year, and are they going back to the playoffs again this year, yes.
                          Last year, he beat Arizona and the Giants, 2 teams that have made it to the SB the last 2 years. Gee I don't think he can coach.
                          Reminds me of the Washington fans who complained that Joe Gibbs was washed up and behind the times even though he took them to the playoffs twice within a few years, and look what happened when he resigned and they hired a new HC, Jim Zorn.
                          Some people always think the other side of the mountain is greener. I'd say, sorry NFL North, you'll be looking at the Viking behind for a few more years.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

thing is it wasnt him that won it...

also: sucks to be TJ Housh

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                              thing is it wasnt him that won it...

also: sucks to be TJ Housh
                              Your right, I mean why even hire a HC, they are so unimportant. I guess the owner should just send his son down to be HC and allow the players to do what they want afterall, they win in spite of Childress.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Well that wasn't exactly rocket science. Brett was thinking about coming back and our quarterback was Tarvaris Jackson.

Besides, it's the in game coaching where he really sucks. There is no worse in game coach in the NFL.
                                Cleveland Browns coaching staff with 8.7 points per game says hi.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information