The best race left in the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Laugh out loud about it all you want but its hurting the bear's chances at the division right now too.
    its not like we wouldve had any chance with or without favre anyways :P

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      its not like we wouldve had any chance with or without favre anyways :P
      True true. You are burdened with Cutler. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
        True true. You are burdened with Cutler. :)
        if only cutler was our biggest burden

Comment

Favre won't win it because his true value won't be determined until the playoffs. Although I wouldn't put anything past the media. Let's not remember this team won the division without him last year. I think that will hurt him. There's just too much talent around 4.

It's gotta be Peyton or Brees, both teams probably don't break .500 without those 2 respectively. Chris Johnson has gotta be in the discussion, too.
          Last edited by djp; 11-20-2009, 06:03 PM.
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Peyton Manning should not have won the MVP in 2003 (Priest Holmes) or 2008 (Kurt Warner).

Brett Favre should not have won the MVP in 1997 (Barry Sanders!)

Had to get that off my chest.... This year I think if Favre finishes as strong as he has started he should win it. The scale of difficulty for having this kind of season, this late in his career, is off the charts.

Comment

Id give the MVP to Favre. Honestly I think the Vikings are better than both the Colts and Saints. Favre is the #1 reason for this.

I see Favre holding up the Lombardi Trophy at the end of the season.

Comment

Favre isn't even the best player on his own team, and might not be second.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are the best players on the Vikings but I think Favre is easily the "Most Valuable".

Without Favre they would be at around .500 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                    also I ponder the fact that "if" this is Favre last season could Manning pass him for most consecutive starts, i know it's far fetched but he is #2 on the list
                    I think Peyton would of caught him easily had Favre retired the first time he said he would. With these last 3 or so seasons Peyton is going to have to play for a long time to break that streak.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
                      Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen are the best players on the Vikings but I think Favre is easily the "Most Valuable".

Without Favre they would be at around .500 right now.
                      I'd grant you that, but where would they be without AD? a 40-year old Favre being forced to lead the team is a recipe for disaster.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          This argument is brought up every year and it will never make sense to me. Does Favre have any control over whether the team has another player that can make a case for being better than him?

What if Chris Johnson played for the Colts? Then Manning can't win? I don't get it.
                          Manning > Chris Johnson

besides that, no he has no control, but if we are talking about the MVP and he isnt even the best player or even say the Most valuable player on his team, how can he qualify for the most valuable player of the league

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              You don't understand why a guy not being the most valuable player on his own team would hurt his chances of being proclaimed the most valuable player in the NFL?

Favre has been by far the most valuable player on his own team. Not even a debate.

I just don't understand why people act like if there is more than one great player on a team none of them can be MVP. So the MVP goes to the best player in the league, except if there is another elite player on that team? Makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                                I'd grant you that, but where would they be without AD? a 40-year old Favre being forced to lead the team is a recipe for disaster.
                                Favre has 17 TDs and only 3 INTs. His QB Rating of 107.5 is insane when you realize he has never had a season where his QB Rating has been 100 or higher. Hes still making plays but he isnt making the classic Favre INTs. Favre at 40 is having one of his best seasons. The story in itself is valuable.

AD is also a top player on the Vikings. The reason I say Favre is more valuable is simply where the team was last year and where they are this year. Last year after 9 games the Vikings were 5-4. They ended up 10-6 and losing at home in the wild card round to the Eagles.

This season the Vikings are 8-1. Players like Sidney Rice are making plays weekly. Why? Brett Favre is the QB. The Vikings after 9 games IMO have a division title and a first round bye wrapped up. Why? Brett Favre.

Adrian Peterson helped make the Vikings a playoff team. This year Brett Favre has made the Vikings a possible Super Bowl contender. No player on the Vikings or in the NFL has been more valuable than Brett Favre.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information