The best race left in the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
    I disagree. Jackson came in and went 6/8 for 77 yards and a touchdown and the Vikings ran for 160 yards. Favre is not carrying the Vikings like Manning is the Colts. Take Favre away from the Vikes and they are still like 7-3 at this point but without Manning the Colts would be 5-5 at best.
    You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
      You can't make assumptions like that and that certainly is not how it works. If that were the case, Manning would have won every year since he was drafted even if the team went 8-8 just because if they didn't have him, they would have a worse record.
      I actually could make an argument that he should have won it every year since 2003 except 2007, not that it matters in this conversation. MVP stands for Most Valuable Player and to me it should go to the player that is most valuable to his team, and that is Manning by far.

Comment

Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
          Manning is going to win it. He's on top of his game, big time.
          Plus, his new commercial where he gives Jeff Saturday (?) a gift wrapped football and tell hims he'll never guess what's inside it, is hilarious. and that's MvP worthy stuff.

Comment

Still extremely close.

Manning (11-0):
            298/423
            70.4% completion
            3,415 yards
            24 TD
            11 INT
            102.7 Passer Rating

Favre currently has 3 more TD passes with a 14 point lead halfway through the 3rd with 300+ passing yards.

Obviously if the Colts go undefeated, Manning gets it. But what happens if both teams finish with 2 or 3 losses?

Comment

I'd pick Manning over Favre.

Favre isn't even in the top 10 in passing yards right now. Manning is #1 and averaging 317 YPG. He is carrying that (undefeated) Colts team on his back. Look at the combacks he's pulled off this season as well.

Favre has been very efficient but I don't buy that he's more valuable to the Vikings than Manning is to the Colts. You could put a couple QBs onto the Vikings squad that could do as well or better than Favre. There is no QB you could put onto the Colts to outperform or equal Manning.

Comment

If you added Favre, Manning and CJ, threw them in a blender, multiplied them times infinity, then squared it, i still wouldn't take that over Vince Young. :D

VY 4 MVP!

Comment

If the Titans make the playoffs he has a case.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    If the Titans make the playoffs he has a case.
                    Not if Chris Johnson keeps up his play. 6 straight games with 125+ yards and a YPC well over 5 during that span.

Comment

This is gonna be a very, very tough MVP race. Peyton is playing like he always does, Brett Favre is playing out of his mind, and Chris Johnson is on pace to break 2,000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        This is gonna be a very, very tough MVP race. Peyton is playing like he always does, Brett Favre is playing out of his mind, and Chris Johnson is on pace to break 2,000 yards.
                        Actually, Johnson is on pace to fall just short of 2,000 yards. That said, considering the rest of the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Actually, Johnson is on pace to fall just short of 2,000 yards. That said, considering the rest of the schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to do it.
                          He could go for 300 against the Chargers.

But I think the Cinderella juice runs out against Indy and DQs him. It will be Peyton unless he loses, in which case it will be Favre.

Comment

They said all he needed was 129 and change a game for him to break 2000. His last six games he has never been below 130 rush yards. So...

Comment

Why no Drew Brees ?

Comment

FWIW Dungy took Favre on the SNF halftime report.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information