No announcement yet.

The best race left in the NFL...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO Manning is gonna win the MVP...Farve's been playing great but he's not the heart of the team. Without Manning the Colts wouldn't be much but the Vikings can function without Farve.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
    Originally posted by TitanHope
    R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
    He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

What happened to Drew Brees? Not counting this week (since Manning has played and Brees hasn't) he's played just as well as Peyton and also has an undefeated team. Brees leads in QB rating, is barely behind in completion percentage, has a better yards per attempt, more touchdowns, and the same number of interceptions. Not to mention that the Colts have the #1 ranked defense in football.

I don't like the "well if you take this player away from his team" argument. You can pretty much say that about at least 10-15 players in the league. Sure, take Manning away from the Colts and they are much worse with Jim Sorgi. Anyone think the Saints would still be a good team with Mark Brunell at quarterback? Would the Patriots be as good as they are if you took away Tom Brady and they had to start Brian Hoyer? If we are going to play that game, then I'd say Chris Johnson is the most valuable player in the league. As good as Vince Young has played, that team would be 0-11 if they didn't have Chris Johnson.

Right now Drew Brees is my MVP with Peyton Manning as a very close second. Brett Favre is a distant third, but Chris Johnson will pass him if the Titans keep winning.

Comment

Chris Johnson if Titans make playoffs. If they dont Id take Manning

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Please...saying that the vikings can function without Favre is non-sense. Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels can't even touch what Favre has done for this team.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Not to mention that the Colts have the #1 ranked defense in football.
            Better check your stats again.

Comment

Drew Brees isn't MY Mvp this year. by the traditional(shittay) voting method, he should be though, considering the last few MVPs, but he hasn't been carrying the team like he was the last few seasons.

Manning is my MVP right now, he's undefeated, and I think the Colts have the least talent around him out of the Saints/Colts/Vikings.

I think Favre has it the easiest personally, and Drew Brees has looked mortal lately, and other facets have saved the Saints.

Brees was my MVP over Tomlinson in 2006, and I thought he had a legitimate case last year, where 4 QBs had more votes than he did(LOL, Chad Pennington? rofl)
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                Chris Johnson if Titans make playoffs. If they dont Id take Manning
                Depends on:
                A) He reaches 2,000 yards this season (currently at 1,396 yards)
                B) He keeps up his ridiculous YPC (currently 6.4 YPC)
                C) Gets more then 15 TD's rushing (currently at 9)

If he can get these items checked off, I think he has as good a chance as any of the other 3 candidates (Favre, Manning and Brees), the one tough one IMO is the touchdowns. Also, can anyone remember a running back ending a season with more then 6 YPC with more then 200 attempts? The record is 8.48 YPC held by Michael Vick, but he held that in 117 attempts.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  Drew Brees isn't MY Mvp this year. by the traditional(shittay) voting method, he should be though, considering the last few MVPs, but he hasn't been carrying the team like he was the last few seasons.

Manning is my MVP right now, he's undefeated, and I think the Colts have the least talent around him out of the Saints/Colts/Vikings.

I think Favre has it the easiest personally, and Drew Brees has looked mortal lately, and other facets have saved the Saints.

Brees was my MVP over Tomlinson in 2006, and I thought he had a legitimate case last year, where 4 QBs had more votes than he did(LOL, Chad Pennington? rofl)
                  Haha yeah Pennington was a joke. He was a total game manager. That's not an MVP. Brett Favre is kinda a game manager, but he's a game manager who will go out and win you games, so a) he's straddling that line and b) Chad Pennington wasn't that guy. I'm starting to come around on Favre as MVP tbh. If either 10-0 team goes undefeated, their QB gets it, but if not, I'm giving it to Brett, personally. His efficiency is just off the charts right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post

Brees had a great year in 2006 but it's not close compared to what LT did. Plus his team went 14-2 on his back.

Comment

My list right now,

1. Manning
                      2. Johnson
                      3. Favre

Comment

I don't care if the Titans go .500 the rest of the way and CJ doesn't score another TD. If he goes over 2,000 yards, he should be the MVP of the league. There's a reason that has only been done six times before, and that's cause it's damn difficult. Every single year we have QBs doing what Manning, Favre and Brees are doing.

Comment

Vince Young is the winning factor!

Comment

CJ is currently on pace to have 2,030 yards. If he keeps the pace he has the last few games, he will easily break it.

I agree with MetSox, Peyton almost always carries his team, every year. Brett Favre is playing well but it isn't out of this world. The 2,000 mark has been broken 6 times. That is ridiculous.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Not sure if this plays a part in the discussion, but Peyton is in range to break Marino's yardage record (5084). He's averaging 310 so far & needs 334 the last 5 games to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by falloutboy14 View Post
                                Not sure if this plays a part in the discussion, but Peyton is in range to break Marino's yardage record (5084). He's averaging 310 so far & needs 334 the last 5 games to get it.
                                That's pretty incredible in itself if he does get it. I have Manning winning it with CJ a close second in the first tier of candidates followed by Favre and Brees in the second tier and VY somewhere after that. Breaking that record and remaining undefeated would be impossible to match.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information