Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which game tomorrow could be a upset special?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bucs looked very very bad today. Surprised they got the second most picks.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Look at these fools that picked the Redskins! Caaamaaaan man! These are the CowboyZZzzzzzzz!
      Fools? The only fools were the people in Vegas making the Cowboys 11 pt favs and the Cowboys fans on this forum predicting a blowout LOL.

Comment

In all fairness though the Bucs came out today and looked very strong out the gates... Freeman kept plays alive, moved very well, made plays with his legs, and got the Bucs an early score. It wasn't until Greg Williams started bringing the heat that Freeman really started to struggle. Kind of surprising to see Williams be passive at the start.

If Brees doesn't lead that excellent Two minute drill at the end of the first half to put the Saints up 17-7... that game could have been a lot closer than the game it ended up being... that quick drive really took the wind of the Bucs sails... and they came out in the 2nd half looking like a different team than the one that started the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lob View Post
          The Bucs looked very very bad today. Surprised they got the second most picks.
          They had played well in their last couple games vs GB and MIA. The Saints also had alot of injuries leading up to this game and hadnt been looking as good in their recent games.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
            lottery numbers...NOW :)
            Well I also assumed the Bengals would blow out the Raiders, so I'm not psychic.

Comment

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
              All I can tell you is that over the years I have won a lot of money based on this theory in every sport. Of course, nothing works 100% of the time, strange circumstances happen all the time in games, an interception run back for a TD or a fluke play like the one where Denver beat Cincy can spoil the upset. However if you believe that emotion plays a big part in winning football games then it is just common sense that Indy and NE were both particularly high emotionally when they played, ditto for Cincy and Pittsburgh and that it won't be easy for the HC to get his players fired up for the following game provided it isn't against another top NFL team. The losing team is more likely to be fired up since they lost a big game but the winning team usually comes out pretty flat for their next game unless they are playing say a New Orleans or a Minny type team, then all bets are off.
              The best situation occurs when a top teams plays another top team followed by a weak team followed by another top team. In these circumstances, it is really tough for a HC to keep his players high for the middle team. Players think the middle game is an easy victory and come out flat looking ahead to the following tougher team. In these circumstances I have had an exceptionally winning record in predicting upsets although both situations do produces a high rate of covering the spread even if the top team holds on for a victory.

Looks like my theory held up pretty well. Baltimore covered the spread against Indt and Cincy lost to the Raiders.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Baltimore didn't cover any spread I have seen... Best for them was +1 I think. Didn't hit +2 until right before kickoff, and they still didn't cover.
                Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 11-22-2009, 07:38 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                  Looks like my theory held up pretty well. Baltimore covered the spread against Indt and Cincy lost to the Raiders.
                  For 1 week, I'll give it to you. Like I said, I'll be watching all year to see if it holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                    Baltimore didn't cover any spread I have seen... Best for them was +1 I think. Didn't hit +2 until right before kickoff, and they still didn't cover.

Yeah I had the Colts -1.5

Comment

crap i had the skins, just missed

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I forgot to say congrats to the guys who picked the Raiders in the upset yesterday.

Congrats once again to the guys who called the Chiefs win also.

Comment

Okay the Raiders beat the Eagles so downing Cincy wasn't impossible, but whoever picked the Chiefs over the Steelers should get a ******* medal.

except Bengalsrocket who was clearly just looking for some karma :D

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information