Anybody else notice that the top teams in the NFL all play a 4-3 defense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else notice that the top teams in the NFL all play a 4-3 defense

Indy, New Orleans and Minny either play a Cover 2 defense or play a basic 4-3. Where have all the 3-4 teams gone???
    And proud of it!!!

I think it's just a coincidence.

The Cowboys and Chargers are 8-3.
    The Broncos, Patriots, and Packers are 7-4.

Three of the top 5 teams in the AFC run a 3-4. The Steelers and Ravens are having down years, and most of the other teams that run it are losing for other reasons.

Comment

how about 4 of the top 5 defenses play a 3-4

Comment

I would also point out that Indy, Minny, and NO all have tremendous offenses (like top 5. NO is #1, Minn is #2, Indy is #5). That's probably contributed more to their records than the defenses, outside of possibly Indy.
        Last edited by ironman4579; 12-01-2009, 08:49 AM.

Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Terrible thread. Defensive schemes have no correlation to a teams success, the players and coaches do. The Lions and Rams run a 4-3 and . . .
          Originally posted by njx9
          i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Players, not plays

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I also notice that a lot of the worst teams in the league play a 4-3.........
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Anyone notice that Indianapolis, New Orleans, and Minnesota have the three best quarterbacks this season?

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                  I also notice that a lot of the worst teams in the league play a 4-3.........
                  The worst team (Browns, imo) plays a 3-4. It's a pointless argument whichever way you look at it. The defense is only as good as the coaches and the players.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                    The worst team (Browns, imo) plays a 3-4. It's a pointless argument whichever way you look at it. The defense is only as good as the coaches and the players.
                    Yeah. The damn Browns are the reason I couldn't say all of the worst teams or bottom 5 or whatever. :(
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Two of the most sucessful teams of the past 10 years run a 3-4 in the Steelers and Patriots, what's your point?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I mean I guess its interesting, but there's alot of ways to win in the NFL. With speed, physicality, scheme, etc. But the majority of the time, the teams with the best players (that play well together) are going to be most successful. Steelers won with their great 3-4 last year, the Giants won with their 4 man line 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                          I think it's just a coincidence.

The Cowboys and Chargers are 8-3.
                          The Broncos, Patriots, and Packers are 7-4.

Three of the top 5 teams in the AFC run a 3-4. The Steelers and Ravens are having down years, and most of the other teams that run it are losing for other reasons.
                          Bengals getting no love.

Comment

right now 50% of the Playoff teams have a 4-3 and 50% a 3-4

Comment

anyone else notice that all the top offensive teams in the NFL run a pro-style offense? how weird is that?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information